Deleted

Anyone else thinks guild exp/rep caps are too restrictive or stupid?

Even tho we're pretty big guild, 5 ppl lvl'ing overnight get it capped very quick, it's not still gonna stop big guilds from getting realm first no matter what.

Also with the rep, rep gain is so low, still cap so restrictive.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Na. They won't it to take a long time to get to 25. It'll happen eventually; just be patient.

Right now it seems slow because it's new to everyone. They don't want everyone having all the perks and rewards 1-2 weeks in. Another reason I believe the gain is so slow is to prevent new guilds from being able to form and get access to most perks immediately. Instead it forces you as a guild to work through time to obtain different things.

No. I don't.

Guild advancement is a big deal. If you could grind it out in a week no one would give two shits about guilds.

10+ Year Old Account
    The rep gains are so slow because you're supposed to want to stay in your guild, and this is incentive to get you to stay.

Deleted
    Well - it might seem slow.
    But there's also some nefty perks going on.
    Alot of good stuff - already at first hand.
    Lvl 2/3. More XP and mount speed. 320% <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywalk View Post
    Well - it might seem slow.
    But there's also some nefty perks going on.
    Alot of good stuff - already at first hand.
    Lvl 2/3. More XP and mount speed. 351% <3
    corrected it for ya

Think rep grind for the fishing walruses - you have only 3 daily quests, and so your rep is throttled. Same with the Sons of Oh Dear - definitely throttled initially (became heaps easier later). There's significant precedent to throttled rep reward. Sure, these were limited by game mechanics rather than explicit limits, but if anything the guild rep limit is more elegant - it gives me heaps more choice in how I generate guild rep.

With regards to preventing guilds from accumulating experience too quickly - sure, this doesn't match a character experience model, but does achieve the two goals discussed by Blizz:
    - Fairly even playing field between large and small guilds (5 people can hit daily max pretty easily)
    - Strong incentive for staying with longer established guilds.