Normal dungeons too easy?

Ok so I dinged 85 today and done already a few normal dungeons like:

- Stonecore
    - Grim batol
    - Vortex Pinnacle
    - Lost city
    - Halls of Origination

While doing these dungeons I wiped only 1 times at Lost City at the 3rd boss. We didn't do enough DPS during second phase. Solved by using cooldowns in this phase.

So I'm curious because people say that Heroic dungeons are hard but not that normals are easy like me.

It's just don't stand in voidzones and CC if possible and deliver good DPS.

I really hope the Heroics are much harder, someone that can confirm this for me please?

Thanks

You wiped on a non-heroic instance once.

Sounds like a step in the right direction to me.

At Wrath launch, a few heroic bosses could wipe you, if you were unlucky or stupid, and regs were almost automatic. If you're wiping in regs at all, then we're good.

Heroics wont be that much harder, in fact CC isnt needed.
    The only reason people belived CC would be needed in the first place is because when the beta came out, it also came with new tanking changes and new healing changes. Now that people are used to these things they can handle the spikes in health better.

Also, the majority of people testing the heroics at first were in their 80 gear or vashj'ir/Hyjal quest gear. When premades with heroic level gear came, most people had no issues in heroics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slckaer View Post
    Ok so I dinged 85 today and done already a few normal dungeons like:

- Stonecore
    - Grim batol
    - Vortex Pinnacle
    - Lost city
    - Halls of Origination

While doing these dungeons I wiped only 1 times at Lost City at the 3rd boss. We didn't do enough DPS during second phase. Solved by using cooldowns in this phase.

So I'm curious because people say that Heroic dungeons are hard but not that normals are easy like me.

It's just don't stand in voidzones and CC if possible and deliver good DPS.

I really hope the Heroics are much harder, someone that can confirm this for me please?

Thanks
    I don't see how these are easy. Well, of course when you know fight it's a little bit easier, but you still need a good load of coordination. Have you pugged them or did them with guild?

Haven't tried heroics yet. Tho I have to say normals are harder than wotlk heroics.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    Normals are made for the less skilled (baddies) wow populations, and when people need to gear up

(Haven't started on hcs yet, but that's because of the gear )

Deleted
    I think the normal instances are just easy to get you into it and not frustrate you. But yeah I would like some: paying no attention = instant death stuff like in the HC's tho

Done Trone of tides and stonecore,
    The tides one was a bit hard, but I think that was just my fresh 264 gear XD.

Stonecore can be done with eyes closed..

I did them mostly with pugs and some with the guild.

It could be me getting into groups with players that played the beta and know everything.

So what I understand is that it isn't going to be much harder?

Try heroics. They're pretty solid.

The normals seem easier to me then they did on Beta. It might be due to running with my guild only now opposed to pug randoms but they still feel too easy. Looking forward to heroic versions for just a bit of a challenge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blitzed through all of the dungeons on normal. Wiped SEVERAL times in halls of origination HC before successful completion. This is with a group of people who were only just good enough to enter HCs. We could not do the 3 optional bosses at the end though. The priest and Mage were doing about two thirds my dps in equal gear so either they were bads or ferals have great dps over other classes.
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slckaer View Post
    I did them mostly with pugs and some with the guild.

It could be me getting into groups with players that played the beta and know everything.

So what I understand is that it isn't going to be much harder?
    Look at the HC's vids, I think they are pretty awesome lol

Deleted
    "While doing these dungeons I wiped only 1 times"

Yes they are too easy for me, Tier 10 / 264 Weps and I'm pulling 15k DPS as fury.

There is a huge difference between normal and hc. But are they alot harder? No, not really. When people get used to doing them and gear up with the normal gear they will be pretty easy.

Have I done some you might ask? Yes I did all the heroics today. One of the most challanging was th dragon boss in VP, damn cyclones.

Edit: Forgot about the second boss in BRC, his breath with the shield was pretty nasty to heal

From the HC videos I've seen, the mechanics arent hard to understand, its getting 4 other people to "not stand in the fire"

Whats the one that has a mechanic simliar to the dragon in Kara, with the portals that shot out rays that stacked a buff on ya? That one would def require some quick planning before pullin IMO

Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    The only reason people belived CC would be needed in the first place is because when the beta came out, it also came with new tanking changes and new healing changes. Now that people are used to these things they can handle the spikes in health better.

Also, the majority of people testing the heroics at first were in their 80 gear or vashj'ir/Hyjal quest gear. When premades with heroic level gear came, most people had no issues in heroics.
    Entrance level for heroics was ilvl 333 and there are a lot of videos going around of people wiping in heroic instances with that 333 gear level, it was after some raid testing came out and gear got upgraded further that it became trivial, just like some bosses in WoTLK(looking at you Loken)

6 years of playing World of Warcraft, I'd sure hope the game would be easy by now.

There's only so many ways you can gimmick a dungeon, and Blizzard is doing a good job at keeping things interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by yoitsme View Post
    "While doing these dungeons I wiped only 1 times"
    You got me there, must be 1 time

It's not THAT hard. But you have to get out of the bad stuff. Because the fire hit pretty hard, unlike in Wrath. You can't stay in the aoe and ask the healer to heal. And all the mechanics like "there is something under your feets, run !" are one shooting. period. you can't say "oops, I just loose 50% hp". No, you're dead (and tagged as "bad player").

Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post

'scuse me, have you done them yet?