Anyone else extremely impressed with the new zones?

So far I've quested in Vashjir, Hyjal and Deepholm and I must say I am very impressed with the new content. Deepholm and Vashjir are amazing and like nothing else in the past six years of WoW. Deepholm especially is visually amazing.

I feel like Blizzard really realized Northrend was bland and boring and stepped it up to a whole new level for Cataclysm. Dungeons as well are awesome and actually have interesting and fun mechanics. Stonecore and Throne are very enjoyable and really stand out to me as well done dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to know if this is true actually, i am not getting Cata untill Christmas OR a Sub which is currently dead, so it would be cool to know if these Zones really are awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonder View Post
    I want to know if this is true actually, i am not getting Cata untill Christmas OR a Sub which is currently dead, so it would be cool to know if these Zones really are awesome.
    This is so very true i just started uldum and its also really great!

Deleted
    Hyjal started ok, got meh by the end.
    vashjir, looks amazing, a nightmare to quest in or gather in, hate the zone now, just frustrating.
    Deepholm, love it, well designed zone and quests.
    uldum, amazing zone, probably the best in wow.
    Twlight highlands, not completed, but having fun there, so looks positive.

I'm in love with Vashjir. one of a kind
    My Armory

In the begginning there was nothing... Then Chuck Norris Roundhouse kicked that nothing in the face and said: ''Get a job''.
    That is the true story of universe

deepholm was amazing, and so far Uldum is even better. my vote for best looking dungeon is vortex pinnacle

Deleted
    I'd like to add that also the new quests in old zones, such as Darkshore, Redridge etc are AWSOME! They are both very fun, and the stories are really really great! Blizzard has done an outstanding job with this expansion!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds pretty damn awesome then. Cant wait!

Deephelm has some great looking areas on the edges. The early parts look just like Netherstorm, but then you start to fly around to other hubs, and it starts to display its uniqueness.

Also, as much as I thought Uldum would be the most boring with it's otherwise bland scenary, it had a lot of fun quests. Especially the whole Harrison Jones chain.

All in all, I thought Blizzard did a great job with the pacing. Not every quest is a super grand epic event, there are still some kill X mob quests, but those are needed to give you a bit of a breather and break up the action enough that the story driven quests still feel worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Tlacotl View Post
    Hyjal started ok, got meh by the end.
    Disagree x1000. The final quest where you go to battle with Malfurion was incredible o_O
    Last edited by fangless; 2010-12-09 at 01:50 AM.

So far I've played Hyjal and Deepholm. The environemtns are truly breathtaking and I agree with the OP that Deepholm is especially awesome. The quests weave a story through the zones, and those stories are epic!
    I'm going to be slightly sad leveling a worgen through the old world, BC, and WotLK because they just don't compare to the new quests and sights.
    DMs make the worst players.

Deleted
    If they are awesome? First I went to Hyjal and was like meh, that's all? (yes, I'm probably the only one who doesn't like Hyjal). So I headed to Vash'jir and it was blast, I spent like 2 hours just swimming around. After hitting 82 there I didn't want to leave cos it was too awesome. And then Deepholm come, even more beautiful.

oh, and quests and lore, I love it

uldum Looks like so much fun I flew past there getting to and archaeology dig site and was amazed with just the look i loved the deep Egyptian theme

Love Vashjir so far. I dont mind the swimming and all of that.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't like Vash'ir. I think it's beautiful, but it can be disorienting and confusing. Otherwise, I love all the zones. Uldum is by far my favorite.