Deleted

So I just spent 4 hours on Karsh Steelbender heroic...

..and LOVED IT.

Made very epic by a few factors:
    Offspec tank and healer
    Random mechanics we didn't know about until 3 hours in
    Buggy boss mechanics (lava puddle graphic disappearing)
    Slightly delirious due to the lack of sleep around cata launch (realising I was the only person in group who's name didn't start with "G" was hilarious apparently)
    Whole group only just geared enough to enter random heroics
    Lots of fun chat on vent the whole time

I don't care if you 1-shot it, I loved the feeling of accomplishment I got when we finally downed it. Moar plix!

errrm, i would grats you on it but im really not sure thats the best thing to do :P watch some videos and see how it's done, once you do it right it's actually one of the easier fights in the current heroic setting.

Cant say i would be pleased if i spent a good portion of the day doing that, none the less i understand the sense of accomplishment that comes from it, glad you got some enjoyment from it at least :P

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still 81. :P

Spent around 30m on him, was quite fun.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Spent many hours on him as me tanking as a Warrior in decent gear. Couldnt kill it for hours cause the healer went OOM cause I took so much damage.

Then a Druid steps in with far lesser gear compared to me and we didnt have that much trouble with it.

It's easy if you have the gear for it, even if you do it right. Or if you are 4 ranged 1 tank.

Deleted
    It's a amazing bossfight, wasn't wiping aslong as you but was still an amazing feeling of accomplishment!

I must say, I am so eager to get my copy of cata this Saturday. From the looks of it, heroics are much more fun this time around and I cant wait for the wipe-a-thon that will surely come this weekend.

2 shot it. The boss is ALL on the tank. Getting 1 stack per running in is a pretty fine art, and having enough dps to get it down before the 2nd adds is good.

Great boss.

I did most of the heroics today with some guys from my guild. By far, he was the most challenging. Everything seems so random at first... we took a few wipes before we realized that everything was a chain of events. After that, we came up with a pretty good strat and downed it in a couple pulls. It didnt take us 4 hours, but we did have to repair before we got him.

Spent about an hour or so on this guy. I got random'd into a group that was sitting at the boss. Wiped several times and then the crappy tank left. The 2nd tank the group had was much better than the first and had like 30k more hp and had more control over the boss. For the most part we had a hunter on one side of the lava column thing, and the tank on the other side, and the hunter would distracting shot the guy to him so he'd run through the light, then he'd fein death and have it run back through it to get to the tank or tank would taunt, etc., and they just bounced him back and forth. It was a very close ending, but we managed. I healed it as resto druid, and it went very smoothly for the first 80% of the fight.

That was my first heroic boss fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    2 shot it. The boss is ALL on the tank. Getting 1 stack per running in is a pretty fine art, and having enough dps to get it down before the 2nd adds is good.

Great boss.
    What? You HAVE to at least get 5-10 stacks each time you run in or you will hit the Enrage Timer.

Boss is fun, Only problem I had was when the DPS kept dropping the adds near the boss ><.