Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Every pre-Cata nightmare I thought would occur has so far happened. Here's what I've had happen so far:

Blackrock Caverns normal: Tank pulls entire room with Rom'Ogg and we wipe. On 3rd boss, tank refuses to move him into the fire even after we're screaming for 30 seconds to do so. Tank taunts back adds on final boss after we clearly explain they should be kited. He gets MS debuff and eventually dies.

Throne of the Tides normal. Random PUG DPS DK dies 10 times in the dungeon. Tank gets one-shot by 2nd boss 3 times. We end up killing the boss with myself and a hunter pinging aggro back and forth and kiting while taking melees and praying we don't get crit and one shot. Tank refuses to move 3rd boss out of poison cloud.

Vortex Pinnacle: Tank doesn't pull dragon out of the heal void zone, moonkin has to go bear and taunt it out. On the large tol'vir packs, the tank wipes us by refuses to LoS and pull the healers out of the anti-magic zone. We take 5 minutes trying to explain the concept of LoS to this person but they can't get it. Tank cusses out moonkin who bear taunts the 2nd healer mob and LoS's it so it can be CC'd. Tank dies on Assad and says, "This is such bullshit why am I dying in a dungeon."

Lost City of Tolvir: Group wipes once on first boss b/c 3 people die standing in the ground spikes. We replaced 3 DPS in a row. Tank dies 3 times on trash pulls before begrudlingly letting the DPS CC a couple targets. Big man tank syndrome is cool, right?

But the one good thing is that all these little wrath babies who leave dungeons after 1 wipe or who don't know what LoS means or what a kill order is will get NO GEAR.

The thing with Cata is they brought back the CC where WotLK theres rarely any if any.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never kept Recount up on my UI for my weird mentality of defeatism when being out DPSd by a Mage who pressed 2 buttons. Now I keep it up, but not for DPS. I have it up for interrupts and CC. You better believe I love stopping incoming damage with my Wind Shear and binding an elemental to the ground. That's a decreased amount of incoming damage to the group and thus, the less mana you would have to expend healing it. I love these mechanics and as a newcomer to WoW I'm seriously sorry that I missed out on the older content so I could have utilized such skills back then. I know my DPS is high and steady, what's more important is keeping the group alive and making everyone's lives easier!

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was hoping to see more TBC driven content in Cataclysm and to be completely honest Blackrock Caverns was a severe disappointment.

Run A) I was healing it in a very average set of Holy gear (paladin) with a very recently switched tank (35k HP) and I didn't drop below 85% mana in the entire run, with "some" CC (breaking constantly due to people AoEing).

Run B) When I was tanking it, there was absolutely no need for any CC and our druid healer was using hurricane 70% of the time. Druid didn't have to drink at all, and I never had to stop pulling mass groups.

Throne of Tides was much better, but again - not as difficult as I had hoped. Hopefully Heroics are a BIG improvement.

If a dps takes a damage spike because they were too stubborn to kick it, then i'm too stubborn to heal them. They'll get heal when stuff dies, even if its after their death. I'm not going OOM and working double for lazy people.
    Obviously. Level 81-83 dungeons arent much of a change because things didnt scale yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

Deleted
    From my experiences thus far in Cata I can say that the regular versions are most definitely still faceroll BUT the heroic versions take CC and the group coordinating well to be successful. I have had 2 very successful heroic runs as DPS and one that just failed horribly.

The two that went well we had a few wipes due to people being there in person for the first time and learning the fight but there was no complaining/finger pointing, just good analysis and feedback in the group.

The one that went bad consisted of a tank trying to pull everything without any CC or marking kill orders and then complaining about how he died while the rest of us are scrambling trying to save the fight. The healer spent more time crying about how bad his mana was than actually healing and the other two dps were getting lucky to break 4k dps.

TLR Reg instances are cake but the heroics are actually a challenge that takes a bit of brains and teamwork.

I loved CCing pre-Wrath on my Hunter, and am starting to enjoy it again as it gives me something to do. The only thing that gets to me is blind, unobservant DPS breaking my CC at the start of the fight. I'd ask the tank to mark up a CC target, but i know the other DPS will just break the trap anyway. If I am in a group where the tank just rushes a group and I know that we should have a CC, ill drop a trap at my feet and distracting shot it. I'd rather have an annoyed tank than a dead group (some people just dont get it).