Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Between the third and fourth circle of hell
    My suggestion, if you go with the ibuypower setup is to save an extra $60ish and get the GTX 460 graphics card. The nvidia GTX 400/500 series kill Radeons in wow due to the sheer brute rendering power they bring to the table.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fizzi View Post
    These are the specs I went with (keep in mind the price I have to work with: $600ish)

CoolerMaster HAF 922 Gaming Case
    AMD Athlon™ II X2 260 Dual-Core CPU Processor
    4 GB [2 GB X2] DDR3-1600 Memory Module
    ASUS M4A77T/USB3 -- AMD 770 Chipset Motherboard
    1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 16M Cache, 7200 RPM, 3.0Gb/s
    Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
    NZXT Sentry 2 Touch Screen Fan Controller & Temperature Display

So what do you guys think? Anything I should tweak or swap?

Also, I was wondering how it would work to use a 32" Vizio LCD Hdtv for my screen?

---------- Post added 2010-12-10 at 07:13 AM ----------

The total came to about $700... A little more than I was wanting, but it works.
    First of all, i'd take a whole other case. a HAF doesn't seem to fit in a tight budget like that. If you're not going to do overclocking you don't need a top case. Also why is there no GPU in you're build? Change the CPU as I said before to a Phenom X2 555 or X4 925. Could lower the HDD to 500GB. Got 1TB myself, honestly don't know if i'm ever going to fill it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snotcore View Post
    Also why is there no GPU in you're build?
    Haha. Forgot to list it... My bad.

ATI Radeon HD 5750
    or
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 430

I know the Radeon would be the better of the two, but the GeForce will save me $43, but like you guys were saying earlier, it isn't necessarily a good idea to take the cheaper approach on your Processor or Graphics card. Anyone know how well the GeForce would do?

You have a very nice looking over all build for that computer however i would try to find a different case there are great ones out there for much cheaper than the HAF 922, here is one suggestion that should save you around 40 dollars the Raidmax ATX-248WB Hurricane . I have used it for a few peoples builds i have done and hae never gotten any complaints about it. I would just get the HD 5770 instead of the 5750 if you can. Also would suggest a phenom II quad core such as the 945. You dont neccessarily right away need a fan controller i would scrap that and use the money towards cpu/gpu etc. Other people have also said this but i would go with just a 500 GB for starters it is a lot more room than you really think lol.
    Last edited by DougK; 2010-12-12 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzi View Post
    Okay, so I'm getting a new computer and only have roughly $600 to spend.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+Ess...99139100050010

Thats $609.98 and seems to be the best for the price, but I dont know much about computers.

So that's why I figured I'd post this here, where people will obviously know more than I do and will be able to give me good feedback on if it's a good idea, or if they have any better suggestions.

---------- Post added 2010-12-09 at 02:37 AM ----------

Edit: And even if it isn't exactly top notch(of course it won't be, but for the price, I figure it can't be too bad) I can always upgrade components in the future.

---------- Post added 2010-12-09 at 03:45 AM ----------

None? Come on... Anyone?

How are the specs on the computer?

ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics card
    AMD Athlon™ II X2 dual-core processor
    4GB memory
    750GB hard drive
    Hey Fizzi

Try Overclockers.co.uk, they have some really nice builds and also most the builds are overclocked for the max performance, even if you dont want to spend as much as some of the set ups cost on the site, they give a very good idea or what a good machine would be, you could probably find the components cheaper but with out the advantage of being overclocked.

hope it helps.