Can I Quest in the new Cataclysm zone(s) at lvl 78?

I just dinged 78 and hearted home to Org. I asked in trade chat to see if I could, they said no.. which I was shocked to hear. but really how realiable is /2 anyway

Can I pick up quests in the new zones?

Deleted
    go try it. Mount Hyjal is only next to org. but an even better way to find out is by going to the warchiefs board and see if you can accept the quests there if you can means your ready for new zones if you cant then you aint.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. You can't. The first quests in each of the starting zones require you to be 80 in order to pick them up. Of course, you can go there and try to grind on the mobs, but what's the point of that?
    Aerie-Peak-EU

Examples:
    Level 60 or higher players get 10% normal experience for killing creatures in Azeroth (“Old world” content)
    Level 70 or higher players get 10% of normal experience for killing Burning Crusade creatures.
    Level 80 or higher players get 10% of normal experience for killing Lich King creatures.
    Level 85 or higher players get 10% of normal experience for killing Cataclysm creatures.

Blue post from Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by r3dbtk View Post
    Examples:
    Level 60 or higher players get 10% normal experience for killing creatures in Azeroth (“Old world” content)
    Level 70 or higher players get 10% of normal experience for killing Burning Crusade creatures.
    Level 80 or higher players get 10% of normal experience for killing Lich King creatures.
    Level 85 or higher players get 10% of normal experience for killing Cataclysm creatures.

Blue post from Tuesday.
    That has nothing to do with this topic, at all.

Quote Originally Posted by r3dbtk View Post
    Examples:

Blue post from Tuesday.
    What does this have to do with the OP's question?

Like someone else has said. See if you can pick up the starting quests from the boards in SW or Orgrimmar.

Yes, but that table doesn't show how much xp you get from mobs from a higher expansion than you are.
    Level 1-59 players get ??% normal experience for killing Burning Crusade creatures.
    Level 1-69 players get ??% normal experience for killing Northrend creatures.
    Level 1-79 players get ??% normal experience for killing Cataclysm creatures.

Last time I checked, you gained almost double the experience from TBC mobs than for Azeroth mobs at the same level. (Compare Silithus creautures with Hellfire Peninsula creatures for example.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zeemeerman2 View Post
    Yes, but that table doesn't show how much xp you get from mobs from a higher expansion than you are.
    Level 1-59 players get ??% normal experience for killing Burning Crusade creatures.
    Level 1-69 players get ??% normal experience for killing Northrend creatures.
    Level 1-79 players get ??% normal experience for killing Cataclysm creatures.

Last time I checked, you gained almost double the experience from TBC mobs than for Azeroth mobs at the same level. (Compare Silithus creautures with Hellfire Peninsula creatures for example.
    This is different. The changes they've made are based on your level.

The base changes in xp from one expansion to the next reflect a step change in difficulty - eg the new 80 mobs in Cata have about 30k health rather than 12k and hit harder.