Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The idea of stopping people getting gear that's not meant for them is flawed. Mastery makes some plate DPS gear better than questing greens for tanks (mastery->block), if theres no plate dps after that item I should be allowed to get it without having to run a 4/5 chance of it getting turned into dust.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    People should be able to need on what rolls they've signed up for, not what role they're playing. Otherwise as a main spec dps who signs up dps & tank for instances I'll never be able to roll on dps gear.
    Agreed. Everyone rages at the tank for taking the DPS gear, but he's ticked DPS as well on the way in so he should be allowed that gear also.

The community has always been hypocritial with tanks.
    - The attitude is initially: "You're scrub geared, I don't want you tanking my HC."
    - The tank then gets gear with guild/craft/raids and returns to the HCs to sort out his dps set to be greeted by: "If you wanted dps gear you should have entered as a dps, the 30min queue is a right of passage".

The tank is only wanted if he doesn't need any more gear for tanking and isn't permitted dps gear. Then people complain there aren't enough tanks. There are enough tanks, they just don't want to go to HCs anymore.

Roll on what you can use. You earned it.