Smile Reputation gains in Normal Dungeons

I've been wearing my wildhammer tabard while doing dungeons such as halls of orignation, but i am not recieving any reputation for the faction or for anything.

Is this a bug? or aren't you supposed to gain rep this way ?

afaik new cata rep is only got from hc mode dungeons with the tabard
    so im getting my bilgewater rep as i level in cata norms

thats a bummer. i was planning on running normals to get my rep up so i couldn buy gear to get into heroics. looks like ill be doing alot of quests then

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pronmeister View Post
    afaik new cata rep is only got from hc mode dungeons with the tabard
    so im getting my bilgewater rep as i level in cata norms
    Wrong, you can get rep for the new factions from the lvl 85 normal dungeons too.

Deleted
    you get rep from both versions, but from what ive seen you get 50% more rep on trash in heroic dungeons, not sure about bosses though i forgot to look

15+ Year Old Account
    i was wearing my hyjal tabard in BRC normal yesterday and it looks like i got no rep from trash at all, but a little bit from the bosses at least...

Yepp, normal lvl 85 dungeons grant 10 rep per trash mob (heroics grant 15 rep each)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lopaerto View Post
    Wrong, you can get rep for the new factions from the lvl 85 normal dungeons too.
    In other words, it's just like Halls of Lightning (being close to 80 in WotLK) in order of instance type.
    Here's it for Wrath, most likely for Cata: You don't gain rep for a Utgarde Keep run, however you gain rep during a Utgarde Pinnacle run.
    Most likely due to the level difference, so it'll be (most likely) the same for Cata.

It's not a bug and you don't need to theorize about what is going on. The new factions' tabards say quite clearly "Gives rep in level 85 instances" which is why the 85 normals and all heroics will give rep. Read the tabard ;D
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfang
    so kids just ninja, the friendships are temporary mounts are forever.