So has "Defending the Rift" been completely fixed?

The hotfix says:

# The cutscene which leads players to the submarine upon speaking with Erunak for the quest "Defending the Rift" should no longer sometimes drop players out of phase.

This doesn't really sound like a change big enough to fix the issues some friends of mine were having (if they logged out without abandoning the quest, they would get an "A character with that name already exists" error until a GM could port them to Thunder Bluff.) Is the issue totally fixed now?

I was very excited when I read the hotfixes earlier, because this is exactly what was happening to me (dropping phase once on the boat)... however, I am still quite pissed because, to answer your question, IT'S STILL BROKEN AND DOING THE SAME THING TO ME.

grumblegrumblegrumblegrumble.....

yeah, if the hotfix means you get to drown in a submarine you cant leave* with a bunch of skeletons lying around you then theyve done the job for sure. das boot anyone?

*unless you port / hs / or abandon, but the qualification interrupts the flow

roughly 10:30 pst. The quest still seems to be broken. The quest went to cinematic and then I appeared on the sub. No crew, several skeletons in the control-room and "Sea Legs" not giving water breathing. Casting Water Breathing will keep you going, but the sub will keep circling the Abyss. So ... the quest is currently still circling the drain.

Approx. 7:30pm CST, three days after the last post, and it's STILL broken. Same issues as wtbepix. Remember the good old days, when you just used to get ported to things like this? And that actually worked?

10+ Year Old Account
    I just got to the quest and it's still broken for me as well. I get ported into the submarine after the cutscene, then all the NPC's despawn.

Still bugged for me