Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Creature View Post
    I'm a tank and I'm getting gear 'stolen' by DPS!

Thing is, with tanks having less stats to worry about (as does DPS and heals by the way) gear overall is more useful. All plate dps has strength and stam, and all plate tank has strength and stam as well. If after that an item has a combination of hit, expertise or mastery then it is equally viable for DPS as it is for tanks.

Then, to top it off, you can reforge. Maybe I don't need the crit/mastery piece per se, but if I reforge the crit to dodge then the item is a complete upgrade for me!

It's less 'stealing' and more 'loot is now more viable for more players'. I'm sorry bub, but the coin has two sides and you'll have to learn to live with it!

Now that is some mark twain shit right there. 10/10

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I play a Rogue and get loot stolen by Resto Druids every time I get one using RDF. I think that is even more frustrating than what's happening to you guys because reforging and whatnot can make the gear viable for Tanks -.-

And by every time I MEAN every time. Shoulders in Throne of Tides? Gone to a Resto Druid. Trinket in Stonecore? Gone to a Resto Druid on THREE different occasions. Helm off final boss in Stonecore? Gone like a fart in the wind to a Resto Druid.

I now avoid using RDF like it's the plague.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its laughable that people feel that they are "entitled" to roll on gear that drops. You aren't entitled to ANYTHING in wow. Nothing at all. You pay $15 a month and blizz allows you to borrow an account to play their game. Yes i said borrow. If they were giving it to you then you would have a one time fee. Since you have to pay to continue Your character isn't even your own. It belongs to blizzard. So that means that no one is entitled to the gear that drops.
    "Come, face me! Give in to your Pride! Show me your Greatness!"

mfw every day | Nujabes - Horizon

Its laughable that people feel that they are "entitled" to roll on gear that drops. You aren't entitled to ANYTHING in wow. Nothing at all. You pay $15 a month and blizz allows you to borrow an account to play their game. Yes i said borrow. If they were giving it to you then you would have a one time fee. Since you have to pay to continue Your character isn't even your own. It belongs to blizzard. So that means that no one is entitled to the gear that drops.

with all due respect, while you may be correct in actuality, I don't think anyone here cares about this particular point of view and it doesn't add anything to the discussion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feedmeh View Post
    with all due respect, while you may be correct in actuality, I don't think anyone here cares about this particular point of view and it doesn't add anything to the discussion.
    Thanks for voicing your opinion in a mature manner but I believe it does in a way. People have been saying "Oh it drops, everyone is entitled to roll on it". I'm simply stating that, they aren't entitled to roll on it. So therefore, that argument is invalid. Using that would be like going around saying the sky is purple.
    "Come, face me! Give in to your Pride! Show me your Greatness!"

mfw every day | Nujabes - Horizon

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mastery is extremely good atm and I'm still a fair bit below the hitcap, so if a helm with high mastery and hit were to drop, I wouldn't shy away from taking that for mainspec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creature View Post
    I'm a tank and I'm getting gear 'stolen' by DPS!

Thing is, with tanks having less stats to worry about (as does DPS and heals by the way) gear overall is more useful. All plate dps has strength and stam, and all plate tank has strength and stam as well. If after that an item has a combination of hit, expertise or mastery then it is equally viable for DPS as it is for tanks.

Then, to top it off, you can reforge. Maybe I don't need the crit/mastery piece per se, but if I reforge the crit to dodge then the item is a complete upgrade for me!

It's less 'stealing' and more 'loot is now more viable for more players'. I'm sorry bub, but the coin has two sides and you'll have to learn to live with it!
    I agree with this statement. I've found myself using many a piece that could be considered DPS, but making it more "tanky" for me.

Quote Originally Posted by kortin View Post
    Thanks for voicing your opinion in a mature manner but I believe it does in a way. People have been saying "Oh it drops, everyone is entitled to roll on it". I'm simply stating that, they aren't entitled to roll on it. So therefore, that argument is invalid. Using that would be like going around saying the sky is purple.
    again, with respect, this isn't valid to the discussion. Loot distribution has been an ongoing topic of disagreement in mmo's...well, as long as I've played them. The topic at hand has generally focused on whether or not you should be rolling need on a an item for a spec you're not currently playing against someone who queued in that role and is filling that role currently.

Your argument is more akin to someone trying to decide between chicken and fish and having you pipe up with "what does it matter, it'll go through you the same way"

end result is yes, you are correct. However your answer does not deal with the topic or question at hand in any meaningful way.

I have a post on the official forum about it here, isn't getting much attention. It goes both ways, people are taking other peoples gear, it sucks.

If you wear plate, and you want to run in a 5 man group, you are the tank; (maybe exclude pally heals, maybe). Bottom line w/ the massive shortage of tanks you need to tank your own heroic dungeons. If you join mine as a plate dps I'm going to kick you or I'm going to leave. And there is nothing you can do about it, until you are the tank. Got it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by d3sign8t3dDruNk View Post
    I know its LFG but its BS. It's happened to me 2-3 times and I'm sure it will get worse. Its not right I have to sit in que for 50+ minutes, and the tank has almost instant Que and steals my stuff. Its not like they warn you either when the instance starts, otherwise I would drop their group cause I'm not playing with ninjas. I wouldn't care so much if you didnt have to get a specific gear level and what not for each dungeon just to que for it. How are you supposed to get geared for heroics if your guildies are leveling slow and people are jacking your loot? Anyone else ran into this?
    If they steal plate gear, roll need on tank and healing gear.. all's fair. If they don't need any tank or healing gear, consider yourself lucky as you're going to get a wipefree run and still get a chance to roll on your gear

10+ Year Old Account
    I've ran into a lot of plate wearing tanks who fail to realize that they need to be [dodge] and [parry] capped and steal dps gear instead. Of course they are also the ones who get one or two shotted because of this and blame the healer.

10+ Year Old Account
    A tank in my guild had a set of tank gloves stolen from him by a DPS. And a healer in my guild had healing items stolen from them by a shadow priest. Tanks and DPS are guilty of it equally, and healers probably aren't innocent, either.
    Last edited by Zaydin; 2010-12-18 at 12:52 AM.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    A tank in my guild had a set of tank gloves stolen from him by a DPS. And a healer in my guild had healing items stolen from them by a shadow priest. Tanks and DPS are guilty of it equally, and healers probably aren't innocent, either.
    Just so you know "healing items"(Spirit) are for caster-Hybrids as well. But your point still stands, everyone does it to each other.. If you read my post a few above yours you'll see a post on the official forum that I made discussing a solution to all the 'stolen' loots.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamthewolf View Post
    I've ran into a lot of plate wearing tanks who fail to realize that they need to be [dodge] and [parry] capped and steal dps gear instead. Of course they are also the ones who get one or two shotted because of this and blame the healer.
    There's no such thing as dodge or parry cap, nothing that you could possibly reach anyway. For DK tanks especially mastery/hit or mastery/exp are the most valuable items atm when dps and tank gear have the equal armor, strength and stamina.

Quote Originally Posted by anywherenotes View Post
    Don't confuse time invested, with being good.
    There are some that clear instances a week into them being released, than sit and wait for new content.
    There are others who spend the entire expansion beating their head against the first raid boss.
    don't think for a second that those people with server firsts did not invest an insane amount of time and effort to get it that quickly. if not on live, then on beta. we know that these guilds wiped over and over on the beta.

as for those who "spend the entire expansion beating their head against the first raid boss"... why? it's because they havn't done the research, invested time into gearing and appropriate grouping. I'm sorry but talent only gets someone so far. Without the effort, one achieves nothing. however determination can get you quite far...

Quote Originally Posted by Iamthewolf View Post
    what?
    and who's fault is it if the tank cannot hold aggro... how is he going to get hit/expertise cap?
    lets just assume you're right and we need to get as much dodge and parry as possible (there is no feasible cap - only diminishing returns)
    now, with high avoidance the damage i now take as a tank is much more unpredictable and guess what... more spikey.
    does that mean i should avoid stacking dodge/parry?

as a tank (dk) i'm stacking mastery since blood shield is great. I have a +hit piece or two and the rest is tank gear. not once was it "stolen" from a dps. Sometimes just asking nicely can get you good results.

The only time i've rolled need (as tank) on dps gear was when it would have been sharded. I've vote kicked dps before for rolling need on obvious tanking gear... every time it was instant. If people want to roll need on particular gear, either ask the person who's currently filling that role or gtfo and queue up for that role.

defense on gear made it easy to seperate tanking gear from dps. however it never stopped people from being ninja's. These same people are still playing and doing what they do.
    find a guild of like-minded individuals and never pug again imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Just so you know "healing items"(Spirit) are for caster-Hybrids as well. But your point still stands, everyone does it to each other.. If you read my post a few above yours you'll see a post on the official forum that I made discussing a solution to all the 'stolen' loots.
    I know some caster classes get talents that boost their hit determined by their spirit, but still: If you are not in there healing, first priority for anything with spirit on it goes ot the person who's actually healing. If you want to get healing gear, build up a set and queue as a healer. And one trinket this person apparenlty had spirit on it, and the spell procs were from healing spells. So if he intended to use it as a shadow spec, he was an idiot.

In my mind, people 'stealing' gear are doing it because they want to tank/heal, but don't actually want to do it just yet, and would rather queue as DPS. That, or they see something that is an upgrade in their minds and hit the need button. Sorta like people with professions that don't use chaos orbs needing on them, too.
    Last edited by Zaydin; 2010-12-18 at 10:47 AM.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

There are a lot of DPS in this thread who have no idea how tanks need to gear with Cataclysm or what stats are good for them.

Quote Originally Posted by anywherenotes View Post
    This is illogical.
    If tanks get their gear and dps gear, than they will stop queuing up. Than the wait will be two hours, waiting on alt tanks.
    The only logical thing to do to keep the queue from getting longer, is to take the gear, so that tank has to re-queue and run again.
    That does not happen as much as you think it would even in wrath where I could run 5 heroics a hour as a tank I never stopped you wanna know why ?

#1 Emblems
    #2 Gems
    #3 gold
    #4 Enchanting mats
    #5 Achievements
    #6 helping guildies gear up
    #7 I often got payed by other players to do heroics with them so they could avoid the Que times (even hybrids who refused to pick up a more useful spec for heroics)
    #8 I like to hoan my skills by using incompetent players to handicap myself (the majority of which play hybrid melee classes as dps)

---------- Post added 2010-12-18 at 06:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ozy View Post
    The only plate that tanks should not roll on would be plate with haste, crit, Int, or SP.
    I kind of disagree on both Crit/haste as damage=threat and in the case of warriors/druids
    increased speed = increased rage generation = increased resources to use their abilities

Dunno if pally tanks get any major benefits from int,sp but it is possible.

That is also exactly why Blizz has not made the /roll system more selective
    If something is your armor class it is a potential upgrade regardless of the stats because 95% of the time every stat found on your armor type is beneficial for every spec of your class with +hit being the only real exception as it is 100% useless to healers.

---------- Post added 2010-12-18 at 06:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Sometimes, yes. it's an unfortunate side effect of those "either or" pieces that have like, hit and mastery, strength and stamina now that they've done away with defense.

To all the nay-sayers, part of the problem we DPS have with this is that it on average, takes us 20-40 min to get a dungeon, then we have to compete with the tank, who could re-run the dungeon 5 minutes later.

To people who say "just roll tank", then we create the very problem we're complaining about.
    No you roll a tank you get your gear and for every 1 item you gain you most likely helped 15 others gain a item they needed.
    Besides the only classes that would want the same dps gear I do all have a talent tree that allows them to tank as well.
    Last edited by skrump; 2010-12-18 at 06:19 PM.