Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoothor View Post
    dont like the zero accountability of the LFG tool? then run in guild grps, you will not have gear stolen from you then
    This, unfortunately. The need/greed has been broken for a bit as well, as a clothie I've been able to need on mail items.

I feel you, but it's the sad reality of the LFD tool... Sucks even more when the person tanking the 5-man is actually someone who's main spec is DPS and is doing sub-par tanking just to wait less in queue, and then "steals" your drops. I would totally be in favor of people having priority in rolls based on the roles they have selected (tank has priority on tank gear, mdps on plate dps gear, etc), just like it is with plate, mail, etc. I don't know what the implications of such a system would be, but it would solve two problems : 1. People who run with one role and roll on items ment for another role and 2. Sub-par tanks who are actually damage dealers in disguise.
    All your mobs are belong to us. You have no chance to survive make your time.

I never understood why, with the roles being assigned in a group, Blizzard didn't limit need rolls based on those roles. If there is a paladin assigned as a healer in a group, he should not be allowed to roll need on a piece of plate without intellect on it.

Actually, now that I think about it, if you were limited to rolling need on a piece of gear corresponding to your role, we would have fewer tanks/healers in LFG. A main spec ret pally that goes prot to benefit himself with faster queues also benefits the other four people that he gets paired with for each instance that he does. Same goes for a healer. That's probably why it's not limited. While it may suck to get a tank rolling on a piece of gear that you wanted as DPS, there's no guarantee that he wins the roll. It benefits the system as a whole, and I think it's the lesser of two evils.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nahte View Post
    You're not supposed to catch Missingno.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simpson View Post
    I never understood why, with the roles being assigned in a group, Blizzard didn't limit need rolls based on those roles. If there is a paladin assigned as a healer in a group, he should not be allowed to roll need on a piece of plate without intellect on it.

Actually, now that I think about it, if you were limited to rolling need on a piece of gear corresponding to your role, we would have fewer tanks/healers in LFG. A main spec ret pally that goes prot to benefit himself with faster queues also benefits the other four people that he gets paired with for each instance that he does. Same goes for a healer. That's probably why it's not limited. While it may suck to get a tank rolling on a piece of gear that you wanted as DPS, there's no guarantee that he wins the roll. It benefits the system as a whole, and I think it's the lesser of two evils.
    Been wondering the same thing for a while. The only problem with that is that - with the disappearance of Def on gear - tanks and plate-deeps can very easily share gear. Plus, at least in Wrath/BC, some BiS gear was actually not that class/spec's natural armor type.

10+ Year Old Account
    You forgot the case where there is an experienced tank that wants to gear himself for a DPS spec transition, because he is tired of tanking all the time. I'd rather be in queue shorter, and be better geared to runt he instance than waiting a long time, with very low-quality scraps of dps gear.

Dps without a clue run rife in here.

An item with hit/expertise/strength/stam, has the exact same value to a prot warrior as to a dps warrior. Our threat comes from hitting a target, and with caps so high currently, we need lots of it to get there. Threat is exceptionally poor across the board right now, but if you want to be selfish and assume every plate item with hit/expertise is purely for dps, go ahead and think like that. You'll just have a lack of tanks who can hold aggro on a boss/trash pack because they've got low hit and expertise.

Crit/haste you're welcome to, but dont come it with the "oh it doesnt have dodge/parry so it must be bad for tanks it's my loot" rubbish.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simpson View Post

Simple: as long as Blizzard makes gear viable for multiple specs and roles, you cannot have a basic gearing tool limit upgrades to each roll and spec.

There's plenty of melee dps gear that would be ugprades to tanks.
    There's plenty of tank gear that would be ugprades to dps (though with wasted stats).

There's plenty of caster dps gear that would be upgrades to healers (though with wasted stats).
    There's plenty of healer gear that would be upgrades to caster dps (no longer wasted stats for many specs).

There's plenty of gear for all that would be upgrades to hunters! .... Oh wait, ah the good old days! lol

Now, with new and improve Cata: reforging = minimal wasted stats!
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2010-12-09 at 04:59 PM.

I think the problem here is your attitude towards the gear drops. You keep saying things like "stolen," "my loot," and such. A piece of gear that drops isn't yours just because you want it. Drops belong to the group, and they're rolled on by people who can use them. Your attitude seems to be that if a piece drops and you want it, it should be yours, and if anybody else has the audacity to roll on that piece, they're stealing from you. This is simply not true.

If you don't like that system, then as other people have suggested, you can go out with players you know. If you've outleveled your guild, then you can put a group together on your server instead of using the LFG tool. That's your choice.
    www.justanotherwowblog.com - A blog about gold making, WoW economics, MMO philosophy, and more!

1) It's not "your" loot. They dumbed down the stats and now any plate has potential to be tank or DPS plate. The tank has every right to roll on things.
    2) It's not ninja-looting when somebody rolls need through the loot system.
    3) You're in a random LFD group, it's free reign. The way I see it, if I ever end up tanking (or DPSing) randoms, I'll be rolling on all non-healing plate. Why shouldn't I?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm an honorable player. Stuff like this does bother me a lot as well. Blizzard could further implement the way you can't roll need on cloth if you're a leather wearer. They could also make it that if you are in the role of tank, that you cannot roll need on DPS gear.
    Selfish disrespectful cowards, wretched are these types of players.. they CAN do it and have no repurcussion, so they do it, even though they know it's inconsiderate.

Please Blizzard.. for honour!!!

IMO just chill let the dust settle - this always happens with new expansions and yes it is much worse with LFG and people rolling stat sticks for hunter weapons could also be added to the list but that's another class whine. TBH I don't care anymore, if I'm group leader, which I select as tank, I kick the first ninja muppet, as has been stated I have an instant queue - want to argue. So I suggest you make urself leader or select it in LFG and lay down the rules at the start. Nothing can be done about the variation in loot viability now so best live with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm leveling a druid (tank) and rogues and kittycats are stealing my gear and they need the same stats as i need.
    just run with a guild or friend ( if u have any) and hopefully u can get some nice tankgear..

Deleted
    I'm really torn on whether I should consider the MS>OS rule at all. It seems to have dissolved... mostly. I have a few things to weigh up, I think:

If the team cares about loot rolls or not, which is impossible to tell until OS is needed on, which is too late.
    If OS rolling can be ridiculed amongst enough of the group.
    If I have the chance to need on the loot of someone who doesn't follow the system.

I'd gladly abandon the rule if people didn't still care about it.
    Last edited by mmoc3182fef16d; 2010-12-09 at 04:35 PM.

MS/OS doesn't exist in LFG. Just roll on anything you need.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zzeke View Post
    You forgot the case where there is an experienced tank that wants to gear himself for a DPS spec transition, because he is tired of tanking all the time. I'd rather be in queue shorter, and be better geared to runt he instance than waiting a long time, with very low-quality scraps of dps gear.
    This reasoning isn't sound. If a geared tank wants to switch to DPS, he should switch to DPS spec, whatever his best DPS gear is, and run instances. 5 mans aren't very limiting to who gets in and what DPS you do. So you may be subpar, but you'll get more gear as you go, just like the other players who run as DPS.

It's common courtesy among respectful players to know clear loot etiquette. Why do these etiquettes exist? Because the players who follow it, know it benefits both others, and themselves. It's for the greater good of all. Not necessarily for the sole benefit of your self (selfishness).

All tanks should be able to roll need on their appropriate dps gear, and have dibs on all tanking gear as well, since they have the burden of leading the instance and managing all pulls/aggro.

If you don't like it, then queue as a tank.
    I'm sorry, but i just have to tell you that you are an ignorant, closed minded fool, and you need to chill out, think more, and quit being such a douche. Your responses are shrill, closed minded, and ignorant. You need to think outside the box sometimes, and realize its blizzards game and you are not ghostcrawler.

Quote Originally Posted by d3sign8t3dDruNk View Post
    I had 3 people quit a run thru stonecore tuesday night cause the tank refused to give me my earned loot..its going to get even worse as the more people hit 85 and run heroics
    Not trying to sound like an ass but if you were moaning and groaning in party during the run, then that could be the reason 3 people dropped. Personally I dont join LFD to have to listen to drama and will drop if it last longer then a pull or two.

Also, it is a lot harder to classify gear as DPS or Tank or Healer now and what looks like a dps trinket to a rogue (one with 200 or something agi) might look like a tanking trinket to a bear. Mastery, Hit and Expertise are useful for ALL specs, so gear with only these stats can go either way, plus with reforging gear with one of these stats and then haste or crit can easily be turned into a pretty good tanking piece... but this as already been said in this thread. The same thing goes for spirit now, it is almost completely worthless as a DPS stat now... except for the fact that priest, shamans and druids have talents that convert it to hit... I have already seen a few instances with healers whinning cause they lost rolls on spirit gear to a moonkin and spriest.

Basically it comes down to shut up, deal with it and reque or wait for your guildies to level so you dont have to deal with LFD.

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    If you know in advance a piece of loot or category of loot you want badly from this dungeon, just say it at the start of the run is the best you can hope for at the moment.
    I'm always bewildered when people do this. Do people somehow think that they can "call dibs" on a piece of loot and that's going to make the rest of us pass if we need it?

---------- Post added 2010-12-09 at 10:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by frejborg View Post
    This reasoning isn't sound. If a geared tank wants to switch to DPS, he should switch to DPS spec, whatever his best DPS gear is, and run instances. 5 mans aren't very limiting to who gets in and what DPS you do. So you may be subpar, but you'll get more gear as you go, just like the other players who run as DPS.

It's common courtesy among respectful players to know clear loot etiquette. Why do these etiquettes exist? Because the players who follow it, know it benefits both others, and themselves. It's for the greater good of all. Not necessarily for the sole benefit of your self (selfishness).
    I disagree. Sitting in queue as a DPS listening to people bemoan the lack of geared healers makes no sense when I could queue as a healer - helping everyone get loot faster because the queue is moving faster - and just roll on the things I need. Everyone has two specs now. Gear is more ambiguous now. That means that sometimes you'll lose out on loot. You can always run it again.

10+ Year Old Account
    FL ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡
    I have to question your logic woman.

First you just said crit is the main plate green dps stat, correct? Then why are you rolling on it regardless of knowing it is more towards being a dps item than a tank item? And by reforging it, it only reforges 40% of that off-stat to what you wish to have? That leaves 60% of the main off-stat left that would be less great for a tank, and more great for a dps, sure you will crit a little more, but why to rip a dps off just for that? Stupid if you ask me.

Your logic is flawed woman.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zzeke View Post
    I've been a tank since Vanilla...love it. I am also currently trying to put together a ret set for either a full time or part time transition to DPS.

I WOULD NEVER TAKE AN UPGRADE AWAY from some plate DPSer just so I could build my off-set. I'm in there as a tank...not as plate DPS.

Then again, I'm a sucker for doing the right thing...even by total strangers.