The start of the new ecspansion has become a nightmare for me...

about 10 days before cata came out, i trasfered my main from one account to another. waited 5 days, he appeared on the new account but i couldnt log in with him (it saidCannot log in until the character update process you recently initiated is completed), i contacted blizz and they said i had to finish payment on account management, but i couldnt do shit there. I waited 5 more days, and mailed blizz again, then they gave me a free transfer since i couldn't finish the payment. AND IT STILL DOESNT WORK. I couldn't wait to level him up with my friends when cata came out, but now hes freaking fucked up and i can't do shit while watching my friends play. this is just so freaking frustrating!!!!!! (sorry i had to make a thread because of this) Has anyone else experienced the same?

Well if you had a bad start of the expansion, maybe you feel better now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe transferring chars and accounts etc etc during new patches, hotfixes, xpac, downtime, bugs, lag, massive influx of more players and logins etc etc etc, isn't the best idea.
    Anyway sucks that happened to you... GL with it

Quote Originally Posted by frejborg View Post
    Maybe transferring chars and accounts etc etc during new patches, hotfixes, xpac, downtime, bugs, lag, massive influx of more players and logins etc etc etc, isn't the best idea.
    Anyway sucks that happened to you... GL with it
    Well, quoting for truth TBH, the number of people suddenly rerolling, race- or faction-changing or otherwise messing around with character-data is enormous now compared to normal, nothing you can do except wait it out i'm afraid, though i can imagine it being hugely frustrating of course...

Deleted
    Maybe calling them will be a better option? It'll be easier to explain them exactly what's going on, atleast.
    Good luck!

Does the account you transfer from need to be active?

15+ Year Old Account
    https://www.wow-europe.com/character...er-status.html <--- have you checked this page.
    Or if you're American: https://www.worldofwarcraft.com/char...er-status.html

Edit: Woops... the latter link doesn't work... I have no idea where to find the American counterpart then.

Quote Originally Posted by frejborg View Post
    It's easy to act like that because it isn't you, but Blizzard sure didn't mind accepting the transaction. It's their responsibility as the company to make sure that their service works correctly not the customers. If they couldn't handle things or thought there might be issues then they should have put things like transfers on hold... but that would mean less money and we all know that's the last thing that Activision would ever let happen. I mean, I know it's not intentional on their part, but hopefully they're more willing to work at resolving things than it sound like they've been with this guy (of course assuming that the info from the OP is 100% accurate).

Sounds to me like Blizz is doing what they can. The fact that they gave him a free transfer because of problems kinda proves that. Sucks that it happened. Hope they get it fixed soon for you man. GL