Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wish it was BoA,but that will never happen. Time = Money and Blizzard wants you to keep playing hence Archeology,the new time sink.

I'm happy I leveled Archeology on my Alchemist,because I will NEVER level archeology again. It would hurt less to slam my hand in a car door than to level it up again.

Most boring,time consuming thing in WoW....EVER.

I can also confirm that even if you get the Jar it isn't a 100% drop rate. Just made it but didn't get a recipe. I am maxed in Archaeology and I have 450 (but trained to be able to get it to 525) in Alchemy. Bleh! Guess I'll just go on tomorrows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    Except you can. That's the whole point of the FoS category. Duh.
    No.. pretty sure you can't. There are no Feats that are profession specific currently as far as my research shows... so before the "duh" please list one. Thx

EDIT: And realm first don't count. :P
    "It is most gratifying that your enthusiasm for our planet continues unabated, and so we would like to assure you that the guided missiles currently converging with your ship are part of a special service we extend to all of our most enthusiastic clients, and the fully armed nuclear warheads are of course merely a courtesy detail. We look forward to your custom in future lives ... thank you."

Quote Originally Posted by himlaklar View Post
    I can also confirm that even if you get the Jar it isn't a 100% drop rate. Just made it but didn't get a recipe. I am maxed in Archaeology and I have 450 (but trained to be able to get it to 525) in Alchemy. Bleh! Guess I'll just go on tomorrows.
    Same here. Got the canopy as the first common in Tol`Vir, maxed at Alch, and Arch at 478 - the plans didn`t drop

So they take the mount I want and tie it to the single most boring thing I have ever experienced in WoW since the closed beta 6 long years ago.

God damn it.

How do you people bear it? I got that crap to 430 and stopped, it was the most boring, most disappointing waste of my time yet.

thanks! oh archaeology..

Well - it`s not just one mount, but three - and some of the most epic weapons ig atm - and they are BoA. Trinkets that are great, looms that transform you to nagas, etc, etc, etc. Lot` s of fun stuff - and ofc epic shit like this shouldn`t come to easy. I kinda feel the way you do, but regarding ICC - to me, that was a waste of time, and in addition - to easy. people are different, and it was about time that Blizz acc this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Its a smart loot, so I am guessing it is actually common from the canopic jar FOR Alchemists.
    The rarity comes from this:

Must have 525 Alchemy to use > Must have 450 Archeaology to get a canopic jar project > Canopic jar project is pure RNG as are all the other multitudes of common grey items > Once you get a canopic jar project RNG determines how often you actually get Tol'Vir digsites. So its a recipe that is buried (pardon the pun) in 2 layers of RNG from a secondary profession for a primary profession that then requires 20-30k gold to make. That is what will make it rare. I doubt the drop rate from the jar for Alchemists is actually all that low.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I need to get my alchemy to 525. I'm stuck at 515.

I also need to get my archaeology to 525. At 74, but suddenly I feel very inspired.

Thanks a lot for this!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonebald View Post
    No.. pretty sure you can't. There are no Feats that are profession specific currently as far as my research shows... so before the "duh" please list one. Thx

EDIT: And realm first don't count. :P
    There are Feats of Strength specific to warlocks, druids and paladins for finishing their respective epic classmount quests. So a feat of strength for alchemists only wouldn't be something new seeing as there are already feats that simply cannot be achieved by everyone based on class (and everyone could level alchemy if he really was out for every single feat).
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

10+ Year Old Account
    Tol'vir artifacts are a pain to farm out.

And Aether, is that Zero?
    Tashar Moondancer
    Adamantoise

Battlemaster Sabria
    Lightning's Blade
    (H) Protection Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tric619 View Post
    nice find man thanx...

Now to see if anyone gets it and loots it WITHOUT alchemy skill.....

Im almost at 450 archeology so i give it a go myself
    The recipe is bound on pickup, which means it will only drop for those with the Alchemy skill. However, as of today, the actual mount is now bound on use.

Deleted
    This is unbelievably painful I have alchemy at 525 and archeology at 525 and the canopic jar dropped 2 times and there was NO recipe! God damn it it's so time sensitive to get the tol'vir fragments, get the canopic jar and finally get the recipe....then get the 20-30k!

So plz tell me, what is the drop rate of this recipe? Is it maybe 10%? 50%? Definitely not 90% or more

Quote Originally Posted by d3rd3vil View Post
    This is unbelievably painful I have alchemy at 525 and archeology at 525 and the canopic jar dropped 2 times and there was NO recipe! God damn it it's so time sensitive to get the tol'vir fragments, get the canopic jar and finally get the recipe....then get the 20-30k!

So plz tell me, what is the drop rate of this recipe? Is it maybe 10%? 50%? Definitely not 90% or more
    The drop rate is directly proportional to the amount of tears you have shed over getting it.

The mount is not soul bound anymore so you do not require the recipe to get this mount.
    This also means there is no reason to alter how the mount is acquired (although I wish it was BoA so I could find on my paladin and send to my priest, like to learn every recipe possible )

Deleted
    Well I would never buy it for 20k or more....but still, I have shed many tears but apparently not enough for the tol'vir fragments ^^ I will keep going but there are sometimes no tol'vir dig sites for over 90 minutes! Unbelievable
    Last edited by mmoc0882f4a146; 2010-12-19 at 09:15 AM.

Deleted
    Well I would never buy it for 20k or more
    besides the fact that vendor mats alone cost 29k, and still requires 8 flasks of wind (300g-ish each on my server) 8 flasks of titanic strength (60g each) 8 deepstone oil (basically free due to ease of getting the mats and it can create 2 each time even for non elixir/potion masters) and 12 truegold (1.5k each on my server)

so that's about 39.8k on my server for the raw mats, plus the markup for the time it took for the recipe to drop, with your mats I'd say you'd be paying about 50k (that's taking into account if you bought the mats) with the alchemist's mats, about 60k, or if you're an alchemist yourself, about 35k (assuming you made your own mats and bought the sands and vial yourself)

unless youre talking about buying the recipe if it was BoE, in which case, 20k would be fine :P

Deleted
    This mount is somewhat between the ZG Tiger and the Engineering mounts in WotLK. Getting the BoP receipe is RNG and the fact that only Alchemists will see it drop even lowers the amount of people that can potentially get & learn the receipe. So far the RNG is not known, it could be really low but doesn't necessarily have to be.

Cata is still fresh out of the box and over time there will be multiple Alchemists on each realm having the receipe. What will limit the number that we will see of this mount is the fact that the vendor mats cost 29000G, a sum that won't change over time. People make more money in Cata but 30+ k total for a mount is still a lot of not everyone is willing to spend that.

So on the long run the rarity will be more influenced by the heavy costs than the currently unknown but supposed to be low dropchance of the receipe itself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    So the recipe is BoP and it's from a secondary profession ?
    That doesent make a whole lot of sence tbh, not all who got alchemy might have archaeology. Though that is likely to change, ofc.

But then you have all the non alchemists who got archaeology, can they still get this recipe then ? because that would be a total waste.
    alchemy is already using stuff obtained from other professions - for example pygmy oil is needed to craft northrend flasks and trinket, and you get it from pygmy suckerfish, obtained only by fishing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I would never buy it for 20k or more.
    Then you will never buy one.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-