Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

Vial of the Sands Recipe location confirmed by GM

this is what I asked:
    This is a simple question I've been wondering, how do you get the recipe for Vial of the Sands?
    I've seen on places like MMOchampion that it's a rare discovery.
    But people have told me that it's a rare discovery from Archaeology, and on sites like WoWhead there is a useable recipe item.
    Which of these is correct?
    Thank you
    this was the GM's reply:

You are receiving this mail in response to the help petition you submitted regarding, recipe for vial of the sands.

This is an alchemy recipe that is found through archaeology profession. So both are correct really.

If you need further help (I'm not going to write the rest, it's irrelevant)
    there you go, get digging

Edit for SS or it didn't happen people :P

Screenshot removed. If you want to post screenshots, photoshop it to blank out the GM name. Also, check our forum guidelines. This is covered as "Activites considered illegal by Blizzard".
    Last edited by Venara; 2010-12-12 at 06:56 PM.

+1 Thanks for posting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the info. I'm sure there will be trolls demanding SS soon.

Deleted
    I'll happily give one if someone could tell me where to find SS's :P

Stood in the Fire Doctor Deanster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    wait.. I thought you had to do one of those research things similar to the northrend research CD to learn the recipe

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kujak View Post
    Thanks for the info. I'm sure there will be trolls demanding SS soon.
    Here i am!

SS or lie

(You will find a Screenshot folder inside your World of Warcraft map)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by itsdouja View Post
    Here i am!

SS or lie

(You will find a Screenshot folder inside your World of Warcraft map)
    where's the map?
    which folder is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkoverkill View Post
    wait.. I thought you had to do one of those research things similar to the northrend research CD to learn the recipe
    found through archeology, he/she said, so maybe..
    Dwarfs, gods among humanoids, giants among... gnomes...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hitch-hikers' Guide To The Galaxy: Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
    "Oh freddled gruntbuggly/thy micturations are to me/As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.
    Groop I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes. And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,
    Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon, see if I don't!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course the question now is, which race is it from? I'd imagine it's either fossil or Tol'vir. Hmmm...

Glad I went for archaeology instead of joining the leveling frenzy. I stopped once I hit realm first illustrious, but I guess I'll keep digging. Thanks for the info, AdamG3691.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah View Post
    Of course the question now is, which race is it from? I'd imagine it's either fossil or Tol'vir. Hmmm...

Glad I went for archaeology instead of joining the leveling frenzy. I stopped once I hit realm first illustrious, but I guess I'll keep digging. Thanks for the info, AdamG3691.
    I was thinking the same, it may also be a smart drop like jeeves, where you needed 450 engineering for it to drop, we may need 525 alchemy for the recipe to drop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamG3691 View Post
    I was thinking the same, it may also be a smart drop like jeeves, where you needed 450 engineering for it to drop, we may need 525 alchemy for the recipe to drop.
    That is a very good possibility, as the recipe is indeed BoP. Also considering the sand is bought from a vendor in Uldum, I suspect it is a Tol'vir artifact.

Great info! Thanks. Gives me a lot more motivation for upping archeology on my alchemist shaman.

What luck that i decided to level her first. One day she'll be able to turn into a FREAK'N DRAGON

Nice! This is very good to know!

10+ Year Old Account
    A cornfield by a raceway with a tornado flying through (Indiana)
    Cheers to you, very helpful.

Sucks it's BoP, I'm sure I could shift it for a loooot of gold :>

Quote Originally Posted by Glomp View Post
    Sucks it's BoP, I'm sure I could shift it for a loooot of gold :>
    And that's precisely the reason it's BoP. The damn thing will cost enough to make as it is anyway, heh.

On topic: I'm a leeeeettle bit skeptical of this. GMs aren't exactly known for telling the truth 100% of the time, nor are they known for actually knowing everything. And I do find it at least a little bit weird that an alchemy recipe is only obtainable through another profession--granted, a secondary one.

Deleted
    Anyone knows if you can see/loot the recipe with low or none alchemy skill?
    I dont wanna drop a prof to lvl alchemy for this but I might consider it if I already have it.......

Quote Originally Posted by Tric619 View Post
    Anyone knows if you can see/loot the recipe with low or none alchemy skill?
    I dont wanna drop a prof to lvl alchemy for this but I might consider it if I already have it.......
    I just got this to drop. My alchemy skill is only at 465, but my Archaeology is capped.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treecko View Post
    I just got this to drop. My alchemy skill is only at 465, but my Archaeology is capped.

Cool for you :3
    Btw? Pokemon fan-guild or something? X3

15+ Year Old Account
    Holy mother of mammaries! I gotta powerlevel my archeology!

P.S. So you got it in feralas meaning it's either a completely random thing or a night elf artifact? Did you get it by looting an artifact or was the recipe itself an artifact that had to be digged up (by digging 30+ times)?
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!