Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Treecko View Post
    I just got this to drop. My alchemy skill is only at 465, but my Archaeology is capped.

DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Ron simmons...

Seriously, how long did it take to max arch?

www.youtube.com/TheEverydayDre Cata raid vids coming soon.

I just got this to drop. My alchemy skill is only at 465, but my Archaeology is capped.

So the recipe dropped for you in Feralas?

Sorry - to clarify, it dropped from the Canopic Jar, which is a grey item. It is a common Tol'vir artifact, so you can only get it in Uldum I believe, I was flying through to another digsite and throwing away the greys in my inventory and I saw that this one said to right click to open so I did.

Deleted

GZ

and so it is truly confirmed :P

what fragment type was it? (never had any digsies spawn in feralas :P)

Edit: stupid me, L2Read Adam :P

so, it's archaeoloy, mixed with disgusting oozeling :P
    Last edited by mmoc41ce4810a1; 2010-12-10 at 09:22 AM.

Deleted
    nice find man thanx...

Now to see if anyone gets it and loots it WITHOUT alchemy skill.....

Im almost at 450 archeology so i give it a go myself

Deleted
    calculated myself to that I need 29k gold to create <Vial of the Sands>

I'm at 2300g atm

Deleted
    well tbh even with LK standards 30k isnt much

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tric619 View Post
    well tbh even with LK standards 30k isnt much
    How much G do you get for completing a normal quest in Twilight Highlands when you're already 85?

Quote Originally Posted by Erycius View Post
    How much G do you get for completing a normal quest in Twilight Highlands when you're already 85?
    I believe its about 7-10 gold

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erycius View Post
    13-16 gold for the ones i have in my quest log.

Deleted
    Awesome Ty for this post.

I leveled untill 75 points in arche but will farm that before getting 85.
    And alchemy after

Ty

10+ Year Old Account
    So the recipe is BoP and it's from a secondary profession ?
    That doesent make a whole lot of sence tbh, not all who got alchemy might have archaeology. Though that is likely to change, ofc.

But then you have all the non alchemists who got archaeology, can they still get this recipe then ? because that would be a total waste.

Deleted
    Makes just as much sense as a turtle mount being only obtainable through fishing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Makes just as much sense as a turtle mount being only obtainable through fishing.
    The turtle isnt a recipe used for another profession now is it ?

Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    So the recipe is BoP and it's from a secondary profession ?
    That doesent make a whole lot of sence tbh, not all who got alchemy might have archaeology. Though that is likely to change, ofc.

But then you have all the non alchemists who got archaeology, can they still get this recipe then ? because that would be a total waste.
    I don't know about being a total waste. There is another way to look at it. This mount is supposed to take a significant amount of work and cost a significant amount of $. If someone really wants it, they can level up alchemy until they can craft the item, then learn their other skill back again. Notice the Vial of the Sands item does not require alchemy to use, only riding skill.

Hopefully they don't change that. But if you get the rare drop/item, then by all means switch and learn. You want to get the mount? Learn alchemy and go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    not all who got alchemy might have archaeology.
    It's a secondary profession. Everyone can get it. Now alchemists have a reason to use it.

JC recipes don't drop for non-JCers, so I don't know why an Alchemy recipe would drop for a non-Alchie. I know some BOP Enchants used to drop for everybody in the old (I'm thinking the dragonkin I farmed in Winterspring for the damn Mature Blue Sinew has one mob with a 1 in 12 chance to drop a recipe), but I would guess they changed it in the Shattering, not sure tho.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Good to know.
    Taste the flames of Sulfuron!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder which race it digs up from. Likely trolls since they're into voodoo. This is excellent though I'm sure it'll go for good money. Man for a secondary profession there is potential for a lot of perks. Got my skeletal raptor pet yesterday. =3

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for post that SS. You've forced me to start leveling Archeology. Now for that how much it costs. Anybody want to front me 30k? I'm good for it, I promise.
    I don't claim to be an expert. I'm just smarter than you.

The recipe is BoP, but is the jar you find it in BoP as well?

edit: Ah, just on wowhead, it is BoP as well.

Also another confirmation in comments:
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=64657/canopic-jar#ccomments
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.