Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by d3rd3vil View Post
    What a dumb shit I get some regular things 3 times one after another but no canopic jar for the past 4 days with maybe 20 regular items! Legendary....and then when I get the canopic jar the stupid recipe isn't there....what the hell! I have to retire soon this shit is about to unman me!

---------- Post added 2010-12-22 at 03:30 PM ----------

When someone else does archaelogy is it possible for him to give me the canopic jar and the recipe might drop even though HE doesn't have alchemy?
    The jar is BOP.

The first jar will bring your hopes up.
    The second, you're still quite hopeful.
    Fourth, you start losing your faith.
    Sixth will make you want to throw your mouse through your screen.
    Tenth.. You just don't care anymore. ._. Your brain will be numb from all those Night Elf and Fossil digs.

Deleted
    I'm giving up now Just takes too long...maybe after 10 hours I'll get the next empty canopic jar, 10 hours later the next and in 30 hours I'll get my sixthx jar for the recipe but I don't care ^^ Takes too much time, ridiculous!

Quote Originally Posted by d3rd3vil View Post
    I'm giving up now Just takes too long...maybe after 10 hours I'll get the next empty canopic jar, 10 hours later the next and in 30 hours I'll get my sixthx jar for the recipe but I don't care ^^ Takes too much time, ridiculous!
    If the canopic had a 100% chance of dropping the recipe, if all arch sites were on daily cooldown instead of RNG, or if the recipe/potion were BoP and free, I'd consider it fair. Right now I think it's a peverse joke. Too much RNG to be fun.

Who'd know to do all this anyway? If no one datamined, would you know to max alch and arch, focus on tol'vir, AND open the canopic after mindlessly selling commons?
    Last edited by Blacksmithking; 2010-12-24 at 12:15 AM.

The Canopic Jar is a Tol'vir common project. If you don't get it from the first jar, its not a 100% rate, then you have to make ALL the other common Tol'vir items again before you even have a chance to make another jar. It is, as you've read, BoP and Alchemist only! GL people!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigerlord View Post
    The Canopic Jar is a Tol'vir common project. If you don't get it from the first jar, its not a 100% rate, then you have to make ALL the other common Tol'vir items again before you even have a chance to make another jar. It is, as you've read, BoP and Alchemist only! GL people!!
    I've gotten the same common item twice in the row from other cultures, so I have no idea why that wouldn't be true with Tol'vir as well.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    I've gotten the same common item twice in the row from other cultures, so I have no idea why that wouldn't be true with Tol'vir as well.
    You know, that is a valid point, I've gotten a repeat common with fossils before finishing the other commons. I think it was supposed to be made that you don't get repeat commons before finding all of them but it may be either bugs or just not true. What race did you get a repeat with, do you remember?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigerlord View Post
    You know, that is a valid point, I've gotten a repeat common with fossils before finishing the other commons. I think it was supposed to be made that you don't get repeat commons before finding all of them but it may be either bugs or just not true. What race did you get a repeat with, do you remember?
    Night Elf, the Scepter of Xavius
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

I hate how long it takes to actually be able to go to a Tol'vir digsite >.<
    Doesn't help that I'm lazy haha xD

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Started the arch grind out last night, gonna be a long process but I will say it's one of the more entertaining professions to play out.

Deleted
    This makes leveling archeology so worth it! too bad my alchemy is on a alt i dont play :P

Deleted
    Blizzard assholes no canopic jar anymore it's so hart damn I wanted to quit ^^ Soon my account expires then it's finally over

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey look, another mindless grind!

I love it. I also love the QQ over it.

I'm on 15th dirty item tol'vir(no rare,no canopic jar).

canopic jar seems to have a low drop rate. The recipe has a 5% drop rate. So total drop rate is around 1%.

No sense because the alchemist on my realm wants 20k gold as tip. This is a speculation.

The chance to find a Tol'Vir digsite after completing one in Kalimdor is 8/58, assuming digsites don't spawn in the same spot as they were. Reduce by 1/58 for each Tol'Vir digsite already on the map. (hence if one appears, you'll probably want to fly over there, even if you're all the way in Winterspring)

The chance for a Canopic Jar to be your next project is approximately 1/7. Each common artifact requires 45 fragments, each digsite will yield 13.5 fragments on average. Rare finds (150 fragments) will significantly slow you down, Hieroglyphics help speed things up but may be incredibly expensive.

So far, there isn't a known droprate for the pattern from the Canopic Jars, because the data is clouded from non-alchemists opening them. My personal guess would be something like 20%.

Someone on my server got te receipe. The common theme seems to be that you have to be capped on your Archeology and be working towards your cap in alchy. Congrats to those who have it already, I heard the mats are crazy expensive.

Deleted
    Great! Thank you for the post!

Deleted
    Well my guess would also be 20% because some people got it from the fifth or sixth canopic jar. From these numbers 20% is realistic....I've had 5 canopic jars so far nothing in there. On Wednesday I'll stop that shit ^^ It's crazy...

Btw. are you sure it's better to fly to an uldum dig site right away even if you're in winterspring??? I think when you keep digging elsewhere another dig site in Uldum might appear....

---------- Post added 2010-12-28 at 01:36 PM ----------

So you really fly to the next uldum dig site even if you're in winterspring is that a good idea? Yes or no
    Last edited by mmoc0882f4a146; 2010-12-27 at 06:32 PM.

I've found 4 jars and only found the organs. I have 525 Alchemy, 525 Alchemy and 525 Herbalism. I've heard from wowhead that there is a 10% chance for the jar to be created from the tol'vir artifacts, and a 10% chance this recipe will drop inside if you have atleast 450 alchemy or higher. I know it is possible as there is always a mount up on all the auction houses I've checked on my toons in different realms (both horde and alliance) so people do get it either by luck, or they just keep trying until they do. I think it's the key to earning lots of gold fast, but getting the recipe is what takes the time. Seeing those screenshots of that person finding the recipe in the jar, maybe you open the jar in a certain place for it to drop, or perhaps find a few more common tol'vir artifacts before opening. Or it is truly chance which means don't open the jar until you feel extremely lucky, be patient, maybe collect 5 jars and then open them all at the same time. Just some things I'll try. If I find a 10th jar and no recipe, i may give up and sell my hundreds of truegold i have saved lol.

0/11 on Jars here. Both the mount and pattern seem to hate me. Currently 22/26 rares and all commons completed. I'm just hoping I get it before jar 20 at this point....

20 jars so far and no recipe. Oh wait I don't have alchemy. :P