Thread: Too much XP

Too much XP

Is any one else outleveling the quests?

I started a fresh troll druid, finished durotar and headed into Azhara. As soon as I hit the third quest hub (the secret factory) all the new quests are greyed out. Is this due to my rampant mining and herbalism? Or are we just going to always out level the zone really quickly? I did run one instance of Deadmines to experience it, but that shouldnt have pushed me clear into a new zone when only a quarter of Azhara is completed.

FYI I have no guild perks or heirlooms to speed up the process.
    Last edited by FengHouzi; 2010-12-09 at 05:09 PM. Reason: speling

Mining and herbing a lot will definitely throw off your leveling curve. I like the pace 1-60 is, though. I think it's just fast enough. I don't want to have to hit every single zone on one alt. More alts FTW.

The 1-20 experience has way too many quests. Azshara does as well. Once you get to 25-30 you'll start finishing zones right about when you exit their level range.

Deleted
    If you're mining/herbing like crazy, that might be it. It actually gives quite a lot of experience, and you might run into additional mobs when trying to gather them too. I haven't noticed it myself, but then again I haven't played throught Durotar/Azshara so it might be different there.

It was WAY worse before they nerfed dungeon XP. I rolled an undead hunter and jeeze I was level 20 before I finished Silverpine. I was doing Grey quests because I wanted to see how this epic storyline would play out. Only did like 2-3 dungeons too. Was insane. I was level 70 in 5 days and I didn't play a whole heck of a lot.
    Deathdealers of Dark Iron
    Banemorth - 80 Warlock Kerovinn - 80 Paladin Capemay - 64 Hunter
    Cogline - 80 Druid Ergos - 80 Rogue Grimsbane - 72 Death Knight

Mining and herbing is your problem. If you're not leveling gathering skills, the new zones work pretty neatly at moving you along at the right pace, I've found.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember your also being given quests inside the dungeons now and it really feels like they have added new quests to existing hubs and have obviously added a few hubs. The days of grinding are well over my friend, quest to the cap =)

I don't see why getting too much xp should ruin anybody's experience, if you like the zone you're in finish the quest line, if you do not, move on to better zones. I think it is more of a blessing than a curse.

Quote Originally Posted by Baxatos View Post
    I don't see why getting too much xp should ruin anybody's experience, if you like the zone you're in finish the quest line, if you do not, move on to better zones. I think it is more of a blessing than a curse.
    Totally agreed. I am continuing to do the quests, as it is fun, and I get to see the storyline unfold. It also keeps me in the lower Zones longer to continue stockpiling herbs and ores for my main once I actually purchase cata... Payday can't come fast enough...

10+ Year Old Account
    from what I've been told, gathering will generate on average 3x as much XP as a low-level kill. So yeah, gathering is your problem.

As far as grey quests go, quests exist for two reasons.
    1: obviously, to level up.
    2: story.

if you're only there to level, great you're done. if you want story, you'll do 'em anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    from what I've been told, gathering will generate on average 3x as much XP as a low-level kill. So yeah, gathering is your problem.

As far as grey quests go, quests exist for two reasons.
    1: obviously, to level up.
    2: story.

if you're only there to level, great you're done. if you want story, you'll do 'em anyway.
    I think most people quest for both reasons, and doing gray quests feels really unrewarding even if you're enjoying the story.
    Last edited by Lugo Moll; 2010-12-09 at 05:36 PM.