Poll: Should "Running Wild" cooldown be removed and/or allow mining/herbing/skinning?

Post Poll: Worgen's Running Wild vs. Druid's Travel/Flight Form

I've seen some complaints about Running Wild's mount-like limitations, specifically regarding gathering skills and the cast time. Players have been asking Blizzard to let them gather ore/herbs/skins while in Running Wild 'form', because Druids have that ability with Travel Form and Flight Form.

What baffles me is how some folks just don't understand that Running Wild is only meant to be a visual variation of the standard racial mount. It is not meant to be an racial ability which provides extra benefits for the Worgen race. Druids, on the other hand, have the ability to shape-shift instantly and in-combat, and can also gather resources while in any form. That is part of their class, and is factored into the balance for that class.

Yes it would make more sense that in a real-world physics type environment, one who could run on all fours would not necessarily need to 'mount up' or whatever, any more or less than a shape-shifting person would not be limited as such. But what people fail to understand that as much Blizz tries to keep the game environments and physics restricted to a reasonable level of plausibility, the primary standards of in-game mechanics are based on balance between races, classes, and player vs. environment. This allows Blizzard to at least try to maintain player challenge and enjoyment across the board in all aspects of the game.

TLDR: Running Wild ≠ Travel/Flight Forms. If you want a druid's ability, roll a druid.
    Last edited by starvethedead; 2010-12-09 at 05:32 PM.
    I'm sorry, but i just have to tell you that you are an ignorant, closed minded fool, and you need to chill out, think more, and quit being such a douche. Your responses are shrill, closed minded, and ignorant. You need to think outside the box sometimes, and realize its blizzards game and you are not ghostcrawler.