Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    No just no....... It will never happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelyor View Post
    I'd quite like that too. It doesn't NOT make sense... Other than orcs are descended from demons... Which is a bummer.
    Orcs are not descendants of demons...many of them were corrupted by demon blood and fel magic but they were not descendants of demons.

OP: I can't see Orcs be Paladins...Tauren were a stretch already. a

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I just don't see the appeal. Sure, they could make all types of lore to make sense of orc paladins, but at least at this point in time, it makes no sense at all. Orcs are just not the pious type, and that's a good thing.

I'd be all for orc paladins. I think it'd be very easy to come up with a story about the Mag'har, the red pox sickness, and maybe A'dal curing it for them and teaching them the ways of the light, etc. etc. And then all orc paladins would have a brown skin tone to boot.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    No... for the love of god, NO!

---------- Post added 2010-12-13 at 06:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by chadiu View Post
    Hell, they can make any race become any class by making up lore.

Orcs decided to learn some tricks from Blood Elves and the Tauren - Paladins
    Blood Elves get taught by the Tauren because the Tauren see that they are disrespectful to nature and then make some be druids
    Gnomes want to learn stuff and ask Night Elves to help them become druids - Boom gnome druids
    There is a blood elf druid in the Botanica.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamanoir View Post
    I'm not against it, however imo there are enough races that can be paladin already.
    Yeah... ON ALLIANCE.

What about Horde? Hmm Lemme see. Yeah, Blood Elves and Taurens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatales View Post
    Yeah... ON ALLIANCE.

What about Horde? Hmm Lemme see. Yeah, Blood Elves and Taurens.
    And Horde have far more shamans. What's your point?

In all seriousness, I'm okay with the Alliance and Horde having their 'signature' classes (paladin and shaman, respectively). It adds depth to the story and characterizes the factions.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

the alliance need another pally race, because 4races can be shamans for horde, but only 3 can be pallys for alliance. I think either NE(easily add something like their version of pallys are more like guardians of Elune, similar to how Draenei pallys are Exarchs/Vindicators/Hands of Argus) Worgen could be pallys, just because they wern't original members of the silver hand, im sure they could join the new Argent Crusade(since AC is AD+Silver Hand)

---------- Post added 2010-12-13 at 02:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hitsurugi View Post
    And Horde have far more shamans. What's your point?

In all seriousness, I'm okay with the Alliance and Horde having their 'signature' classes (paladin and shaman, respectively). It adds depth to the story and characterizes the factions.
    i agree about the faction specific classes

Derailed the Cereal Thread

Etriegg was a general for the Argent Dawn, and has been associated with Tirion in the past, referring to a small story about the two. Tirion was kicked out of the Silver Hand or watever its called because he did not kill Etriegg.
    Anyway, regarding this post, I would much rather have orc paladins than.... Taurens. wouldn't anyone agree?

Deleted
    i'd prefer undead paladins than orc ones...

the whole lore thing is kinda redundant tbh. the baddies always seem to find affinity for anything within every race: flameguard or something (paladin with flame abilities or something) that are made up of dwarfs, gnolls, humans and all kinds of other crazy shit. these guys are in sg iirc. point being that affinity for the light wouldn't be excluded from the orc race even if the individual might resist it or not understand it. and within all the races is great diversity so there might just be a reflected holy orc out there somewhere. I support just opening up the race/class combos completely since the lore doesn't need to go into specifics about everything like that other than say you are an individual attuned to the light in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellytm3 View Post
    Blizz just needs to make all classes open to all races.People knew this was coming after Blizz allowed taurens to become paladins,now another class is crying wanting to become paladins.
    How are Druids that favor the sun over the moon, whom are Paladins for gameplay purposes, a precursor to the doors flying open on every class for every race? The lore for Tauren becoming Paladins and Priests, as well as every other combination, is legitimate and reasonable. Because you, and to an extent a LOT of other people, don't like it does not make it pointless, stupid or irrelevant.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vangar View Post
    I think orcs are cool, but I'm worried that soon every race will be able to be every class :/ I'd still like to see classes stay at least somewhat exclusive...
    When Draenei can become warlocks, they've gone too far.

Quote Originally Posted by Mlyrrh View Post
    How are Druids that favor the sun over the moon, whom are Paladins for gameplay purposes, a precursor to the doors flying open on every class for every race? The lore for Tauren becoming Paladins and Priests, as well as every other combination, is legitimate and reasonable. Because you, and to an extent a LOT of other people, don't like it does not make it pointless, stupid or irrelevant.
    And technically they aren't even paladins, they're Sunwalkers.

Quote Originally Posted by TGE985 View Post
    When Draenei can become warlocks, they've gone too far.

And technically they aren't even paladins, they're Sunwalkers.
    WHOM ARE PALADINS FOR GAMEPLAY PURPOSES. Nice catch bro. And by nice catch I mean way to miss that point completely.

The lore for tauren being able to be paladins makes a ton of sense. Druids, Tauren and Night Elf, have been orgasming over the moon goddess for ages. Yet the sun was completely ignored? Tauren even then, only delved so deeply into moon worship because of Night Elf influences. This brings a element of natural balance that Tauren backstory is built on.

Yeah we can make up lore to support any class/race combo, but there's a big, if subtle, difference between spinning lore in a unique way and just making lore up out of nothingness.

Ironically the only way I could see Orcs having a legitmate paladin backstory, would be a reverse Nobundo. He lost his connection to the light, and had his prayers answered by the wind, an Orc losing his connection to the elements having his calls answered by the light. But that's absurd to the 10^100000 power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah well, the only weird I see here is Shadowpriest Tauren D:

You know you play too much WoW when your girlfriend's pants have a low drop rate.

Quote Originally Posted by kraeden View Post
    This is one of the worst race/class combos ever proposed. Only worse one would be undead druid
    That would be pretty epic imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Condriano View Post
    Yeah well, the only weird I see here is Shadowpriest Tauren D:
    I would concede that point.

An orc paladin? That makes about as much sense as an undead priest... Oh wait.