Thread: average ilvl

Deleted

average ilvl

Hey is there a simple updated addon that shows you average itemlevel of the person you hover your mouse over?

i want this for myself, or is that function already built in somewhere?

Edit: Misread, bollocks.

As far as I know, no addon yet, it is done in the background on blizzards side and added to the character sheet. You can also highlight any locked dungeon in the queue to see you or anyone in your party if they are below. It shows current and required ilvl. Supposedly it works like the Epic or Superior achievement, where it looks at the highest ilvl piece you have ever put in a slot, adds them all up, and divides by 17.

To get into a dungeon last night, I was using my wraith gear (set bonuses etc) that were still better than my hyjal greens. I couldnt get it. I equipped all the stuff in my bag waiting to DE, put my regular gear back on, and the queue worked.

Deleted
    I wouldn't recommend such an addon, simply because it would inspect every person you mouseover, using up your cap very quickly.
    Then when you actually want to inspect somebody, you wouldn't be able to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    I wouldn't recommend such an addon, simply because it would inspect every person you mouseover, using up your cap very quickly.
    Then when you actually want to inspect somebody, you wouldn't be able to.
    What do you mean, is there an inspect cap? Where can I read about this`?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew View Post
    Because of gearscore addon blizz put in a cap.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    -Nietzsche
    Vanilla WoW was a diamond in the rough. Burning Crusade cleared the rough away and polished that diamond up. During Lich King, that diamond cracked from being over polished and in Cataclysm that diamond was replaced with a cubic zirconia.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew View Post
    It's simple, you have a certain amount of inspects allocated to you for a certain timeframe (something along 5 minutes I think, some other people have done the math on this). Once you have inspected that many people, you cannot inspect any others until the timeframe expires and you get a new contingent of inspects.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ItemLevel.html

However, the addon "only" calculates the avg item level from the gear the character is currently wearing, since it's not yet possible to access other peoples blizz item level without addon communication. However, most of the time, you are only interested in the current gear of a player, right? ^^

**edit: The time for the inspect cap is like 10 seconds or something like this. At least I never have to wait more than a few seconds until I can inspect again.
    Last edited by Luzzifus; 2010-12-10 at 08:23 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luzzifus View Post
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ItemLevel.html

However, the addon "only" calculates the avg item level from the gear the character is currently wearing, since it's not yet possible to access other peoples blizz item level without addon communication. However, most of the time, you are only interested in the current gear of a player, right? ^^

**edit: The time for the inspect cap is like 10 seconds or something like this. At least I never have to wait more than a few seconds until I can inspect again.
    Amazing, just what I was looking for, thanks!

You could just code the add-on to get the average item level off of armory?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Bro View Post
    You could just code the add-on to get the average item level off of armory?
    The wow client cannot communicate with a 3rd party application such as a web browser in that way.
    Addons simply cannot do that.