Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Lightbulb Terrorpene Hyjal Location - Map Pic inside

Hello all, i tamed Terrorpene today and im here to share some info with you.

First of all, the taming itself. Terrorpene does a spell on the target (beam style spell that does 10k dmg per sec). When i tamed it my lvl was (and is lol) lvl 85, with around 96k HP unbuffed.

I did NOT use any haste pots/buffs/etc and when the tame was complete i was left with 20k hp. so yeah....if you arent lvl 84/85 you might need some sort of buffs/pots to make the tame quicker. (haste pots etc)

The spawning time: This isnt 100% accurate, because its only based on what a random guy said on Petopia forums, but according to him and i quote: "i killed terrorpene, and after 6hour(give or take 1mn) i saw it spawn again." So if he was being accurate/truthful, the spawn time is around 6 hours.

Spawn places: From what ive read on Petopia and other websites forums/comments, Terrorpene spawns always on the same area, that area being: South hyjal, in the lava in the front part of the "temple" thingie. To make this more clear ill post a picture of the map, including the spot where i tamed it, and the spot where other people have tamed it.

PS: The Pet/beast is level 81, so keep that in mind before going to try to tame it at 80.

I hope this post is helpful and please forgive me for any English mistakes, since it isnt my main language.

Kind regards,

Flicky

Any doubts/Questions dont hesitate to ask here or via PM.

Happy hunting.
    Last edited by mmoced534fce7e; 2010-12-10 at 12:01 AM.

Terrorpene is level-81 in any screenshot I've seen of him, and he's been tamed by level-81's before. I think you may be mistaken simply because he auto-leveled to 82 (your level, minus 3) upon being tamed.

Unless his level is variable. Which would be unusual for a name rare elite.
    Dual Wielding: Equipping one weapon in each hand. Utilized by enhancement shamans, warriors, rogues, DK's, hunters.
    Duel Wielding: Equipping a rabid feral gnome in each hand and watching them inevitably tear each other into little gnome bits. Utilized by bored tauren warriors and also frequently by forum posters who can't spell "Dual Wielding."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koumaru View Post
    Terrorpene is level-81 in any screenshot I've seen of him, and he's been tamed by level-81's before. I think you may be mistaken simply because he auto-leveled to 82 (your level, minus 3) upon being tamed.

Unless his level is variable. Which would be unusual for a name rare elite.
    oh, that might have been the case. i didnt even take in account the 3 lvl disntance-thingie in factor cause i honestly thought he was 82. but yeah your right. ill edit my post.

Thanks for the heads up

It's just been 6 hours sharp since the last Hunter had tamed Terror and he did NOT spawn yet.

Here is some useful tips.

- Terrorpene spams range attack Burning Hatred which ticks for 10k fire damage each second.
    - Mainly because of this attack attempting to solo tame at 81 (even with some help) is nearly impossible without preparation. Since this is a rare mob, you do not want to die and waste time flying back just to see him dead/tamed by others.
    - You want to focus on getting many buffs, enchants, trinkets as possible to boost your fire resist > HP > Haste.
    - Get your core hound ready: make a macro for casting Ancient Hysteria followed by dismiss pet.
    - Make sure you have at least one empty slot on your Call Pet.

Unless you have at least Ancient Hysteria macro and some FR ready, do not bother camping for Terrorpene unless you are 84 or 85 to have enough HP to just tank through all damage.

Happy hunting.
    Last edited by Elenion; 2010-12-13 at 04:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What was the exact time you tamed Terrorpene?

Spawned exactly 12:30 hours after last tame. Last time it was 14 hours sharp.

---------- Post added 2010-12-13 at 10:06 AM ----------

He spawned at 05:01am

Saw this guy twice; tamed him once, the other time followed him til my friend got their to tame him. It looked like he patrols from north to south of that eastern area.

I think I was level 82 when I tamed him, and I had a lot planned out when I finally found him. I had visited the ah earlier to get all the higher level fire resistance gear I could, even if it was cloth or leather. Didn't find a whole lot of pieces, but I did get to around 200 in fire resistance and had 35k out of my normal 40k health (since some gear was lower level). I believe that any fire resistance you have quadruples when he uses his fire attack, so even a bit should help. When I did find him, I put on my fire resistance gear, made sure to eat my +haste food, popped a flask of stoneblood for the extra stamina (a resistance potion might have been better), used my "ghetto kings" item. I had a "throw-away" corehound with me for the ancient hysteria.

When I was ready, I made my pet attack him (to take the first bit of damage), used the ancient hysteria, quickly abandoned the hound, and began taming. I forgot to use my potion of speed. I seemed to have taken less than 1/3 of my health bar in damage, possibly 1/4, I was too excited at my new pet to pay too much attention to it.

Using fire resistance + haste both might have been overkill, I must say. You could probably go one way or the other, either loading up on fire resistance stuff or haste. Fire resistance might be the better way to go since his attack hits like a truck and the resistance really helps to cut down on the damage. Any spec of hunter can tame him in case anyone is wondering, not just BM. I've heard that freeze trap does not work on him, though he didn't even get to my trap before I tamed him since he was doing his ranged attack.

Sorry for the large post, I'm just wanting to help out by sharing my experience Good luck taming him! He really is lovelier when he's standing right next to you as your pet.
    Last edited by Shivah; 2010-12-13 at 12:06 PM.

Is it not still possible to use the Freeze trap method on pets you wish to tame?

Not possible. You have to take all of his damage with either FR or Stamina.

Quote Originally Posted by Gidizor View Post
    Not possible. You have to take all of his damage with either FR or Stamina.
    Does it just plain not allow you to use the ability (tame pet) if the pet is trapped then?

Its been a long time since i needed to use this method, last time was when i was on my first toon in vanilla and tamed the King of the Jungle in STV just after I got a level higher than it!

The pet is immune to traps. You can tame trapped pets, but this particular one is immune.

---------- Post added 2010-12-13 at 01:31 PM ----------

UPDATE: Spawned exactly 9.5h after last tame.

At lvl 83 I tamed Terrorpene at Cord. (57,73) at 8:30 Stormrage realm time. The buffs I had on me at the time of the tame was food buff from the Poached Northern Sculpin, Guru's Eliixir, and Drums of Forgotten Kings. All this brought my Hp to 61k and had a fire resistance of 52. Burning Hatred only hit me for 6k at a time. Once it I had Terrorpene tamed I was left with just a little over 11k.

Hopes this helps, Happy Hunting!

Deleted
    Tamed him on my lv81 hunter when i got bored farming heroics on my main, he was exactly where u had marked on your map had to pay 250g to get a h pally to sort me out but it got me 1 of the coolest ever pets!

Quote Originally Posted by Cadith View Post
    1 of the coolest ever pets!

And useful, too! I'm so glad this one is really a turtle and not yet another new spirit beast. Terrorpene (renamed Turrask) has been tanking for me since 81 and is still my #1 solo pet at 85. He is one tough son of a female turtle. When I hopped into Karazhan the other day to fool around, he was tanking entire rooms of elites and barely breaking a sweat. Shell Shield and Cower with Mend Pet ticking for over 10,000 ... so much fun.

(Not that I have anything against spirit beasts. But I only need one of those, and turtles are amazing tanks.)
    Dual Wielding: Equipping one weapon in each hand. Utilized by enhancement shamans, warriors, rogues, DK's, hunters.
    Duel Wielding: Equipping a rabid feral gnome in each hand and watching them inevitably tear each other into little gnome bits. Utilized by bored tauren warriors and also frequently by forum posters who can't spell "Dual Wielding."

I'll put my CHROMAGGUS up against your turtle. Then we'll have one crazy fight.
    KING GAEAMANIA I OF KORGATH!

Tamed him at 1:15 am server time on Sen'jin US today. He had wandered pretty far west in the lava pool. I can confirm he does a LOT of damage. I have about 102k health on my lvl 85 hunter so I didn't do any preparation before taming but I did worry a little bit while taming and seeing my health plummet. I was down to about 25% health by the time the tame was over.

For lower lvl hunters looking to tame him, I've got some very approximated advice. His ranged flame attack does 10k dps, and a standard tame takes 10 seconds. It seems that Terrorpene doesn't use it for the full duration of the tame (otherwise I might have gotten roasted to death). As best as I can estimate, I think he hits you with the flame attack for about 7 seconds or 70k damage. So I think you'll want either 70k or more health and to be safe, use haste buffs to get the taming time down to around 6-7 seconds if possible.

Eh guys this is my first post and i can confirm this exact place is where it spawned, not the black dot but red dot on the otehr guys map location, im on emerald dream us server and he spawned for me at 5:15 pm so be on at 5pm eastern time 4pm server time to get your cool looking terrorpene lava turtle
    im a level 85 hunter so i had no problem, walked up to him then blam he was mine, a righteous epic capture

Talking WOOhoo! Terrorpene tamed.

Okay just Tamed him at level 82 w/ only 40k hps. I used the the 30% pet buff, a speed pot and beserking (20% casting time racial) and tamed him only taking a total of 12k damage.

Its not to hard. Spawned at the Red circle on top post. Was pretty easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter81 View Post
    Tamed him at 1:15 am server time on Sen'jin US today. He had wandered pretty far west in the lava pool. I can confirm he does a LOT of damage. I have about 102k health on my lvl 85 hunter so I didn't do any preparation before taming but I did worry a little bit while taming and seeing my health plummet. I was down to about 25% health by the time the tame was over.

For lower lvl hunters looking to tame him, I've got some very approximated advice. His ranged flame attack does 10k dps, and a standard tame takes 10 seconds. It seems that Terrorpene doesn't use it for the full duration of the tame (otherwise I might have gotten roasted to death). As best as I can estimate, I think he hits you with the flame attack for about 7 seconds or 70k damage. So I think you'll want either 70k or more health and to be safe, use haste buffs to get the taming time down to around 6-7 seconds if possible.

Thanks for your info. I just tamed him 12 hrs and 15 mins after you said you tamed him. I found him in the lava near the black circle on the first post. He did about 70k on me as well, so watch out.