Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilch View Post
    And Johnny Awesome ends up getting hit on by an undead guy and having his horse killed by another..uh..larger undead guy. All three of the "NPC players" suffer a cruel fate. So very sad.
    In the end, this is basically what happens:

-Dumass is rescued from the spiders, and then ventures off to the Barrens. He spents the rest of his life trying to swim there, as he doesn't understand the concept of Zeppelins.
    -Johnny Awesome's horse is killed by the Undead, and together with the player he avenges his horse. He spents the rest of his life as a guard at the mushroom farm.
    -Kingslayer Orkus is the only one with a Heroic end... He discovers and finds the Stormpike Battle Plans, and sacrifices himself so that his companion (the player) can fly off with his Frost Wyrm, Kasha. Kasha however turns around and picks up Orkus, though he dies on the way to Tarren Mill. He is then declared a Hero of the Horde, as he had always wanted in life.

Founds one in wetlands, basically the gnome there gives you x-ray glasses and the hilarity ensues, don't be bashful to see males ..heh

I don't care for most "memes" and all that, or overly blatant references, but one thing did make me smile: the two dwarves sitting on the sandbags outside Deepwater Tavern in Menethil. Their entire conversation is a nod to a kickass freeware game called Dwarf Fortress. I think most people will miss it, but if you do play the game it's amusing and fun to see.

I'm told there is also a Horde quest that's actually called Dwarf Fortress with more references to the game. Makes me smile to see the labor of love of two brothers given a tip of the hat in one of the biggest (THE biggest?) commercial games ever.

"Chet" the slime in Hillsbrad. I got a chuckle out of that guy. From Weird Science. Also made me feel old lol.

The goblin "flight attendant" as you're waiting for the zeppelin to Twilight Highlands says "Oh Hells No!" when the captain asks her to test the parachute. Not so much an easter egg as it just made me giggle.

And there's a Schnottz goblin in Uldum that basically does a version of "Hide yo kids, hide yo wives". When all Hell breaks loose at the camp.

Deleted
    In Vashj'ir the NPC "Adarrah" rickrolls you in one of the quests. Can't remember the quest name but you go around finding various bits of her jewellery on the seabed. The first line of the quest text is something similar to "I'm no stranger to love..."

Also, in Bael Modan fortress in Southern Barrens, (which is a fortress full of dwarves), the "head" dwarf in the bottom of that fortress is named Haggis Boatmurder - this is a tribute to one of (if not THE) most well-known Dwarf Fortress stories out there. I can't link it but search for Dwarf Fortress and Boatmurder and you'll know what I mean.

(and for the uninitiated: DF is a game where you quite literally run a fortress full of dwarves, but there are realistic mechanics and suchlike added to the way that everything interacts and you build traps and you get attacked by goblins, and suchlike. You can never win but it's all about the fun you have on the way...)

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere in the Azerothian sky, on a dragon.
    Futurama reference. :-D

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=25105

Quote Originally Posted by thatbloke View Post
    In Vashj'ir the NPC "Adarrah" rickrolls you in one of the quests. Can't remember the quest name but you go around finding various bits of her jewellery on the seabed. The first line of the quest text is something similar to "I'm no stranger to love..."

Also, in Bael Modan fortress in Southern Barrens, (which is a fortress full of dwarves), the "head" dwarf in the bottom of that fortress is named Haggis Boatmurder - this is a tribute to one of (if not THE) most well-known Dwarf Fortress stories out there. I can't link it but search for Dwarf Fortress and Boatmurder and you'll know what I mean.

(and for the uninitiated: DF is a game where you quite literally run a fortress full of dwarves, but there are realistic mechanics and suchlike added to the way that everything interacts and you build traps and you get attacked by goblins, and suchlike. You can never win but it's all about the fun you have on the way...)
    Getting rickrolled by a NPC is one of the best things that Blizzard could have come up with !
    "Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth." -Mike Tyson

Also in Vashj'ir Adarrah gives two quests, "Gimme Shelter" and "Ain't To Proud to Beg" both are songs by the Rolling Stones

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nevralgo View Post
    Getting rickrolled by a NPC is one of the best things that Blizzard could have come up with !
    Found the quest, it's called "A Girl's Best Friend" - look up its quest text

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    That's AWESOME Gotta do those what faction i'm guessing with an archmage either ally or neutral?

---------- Post added 2010-12-10 at 04:16 PM ----------

Which amazing i never got ANY of them as innuendo. Heh guess i fail hard.

The archmage in ashzara is a bloodelf IIRC. Horde only questline AFAIK seeing as azshara is a horde level 20 zone. Those test-quests are awesome btw.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

10+ Year Old Account
    diodnt bother reading 10 pages
    but the ones i liked the most are the nazis in uldum
    camel tow ( quest) in uldum
    that black guy who talked about some guy raping everyone somewhere in america, also in uldum
    MAGNETS, HOW DO THEY WORK?
    that was somewhere in the new zones

and super monkey ball in uldum

so basically, uldum is the king of awesome.

Deleted
    There's a strong Bioshock reference in Stonetalon mountains where a little girls asks him to repair her Big Papa (Big Daddy) and it's a shredder with a diving helmet. (plus some other stuff I don't really remember) and in the end you get mr. Bubbles icecream as a reward.

I forget what quest exactly but in Tanaris, there's a quest where you mind control a bug, bring it back to the NPC and when he reads his mind, he yells "It's afraid..IT'S AFRAID!"

Clearly a Starship Troopers reference..it made me love this game even more, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    I personally love it and laughed alot when you were in the nightmare with Thrall, and he tells you that you failed them all and that we lost the world cuz of you. It was pretty funny.
    You stole my signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    you're not supposed to kill someone unless they kill you first. it's common sense.

Maximillian of Northshire in Un'Goro. Don Quijote quest line is the favorite amongst my friends.
    I still don't know why he don't fight the pylons as if they were giants.
    Although we kill lots of dragons...

I gave Addarah a case of crabs in her time of need.

Oh, Vinny Slapchop in Kezan. He has a blew apron and everything.