Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Quest in Twilight Highlands called Four Heads are Better than None requires you to slay two two-headed ogres. The heads are called Za, Phod, Beeble and Brox.

I'm sure many Hitchhiker fans know why this is funny :-D
    epicness to the extreme XDD

SHRINKAGE. Nuff said.

honestly, cata brought forth soooo many pop culture/internet memes to count... im sure theres still a ton we are missing.

Rainbow generator. Hide your wives, hide your children, because they're killing everyone out there. Etc.

I like all the hidden stuff with NPC's just around in quests or towns that say things about how a certin class is supposed to be played this way or stack that.
    WoW only has 10 million subscribers it must be dying! WoW sucks!
    I'm sorry no, clearly you didn't see Chuck Norris allowed 10 million to survive his Purge.

Quote Originally Posted by hellershanks View Post
    I felt the need to /yell "HACK THE PLANET!!" while I was in the process of Hacking the Wibson in Uldum
    yeah great moment - sadly no one in my guild knew thatt it was from hackers

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    There is a Quest in Uldum called 'Just the Tip'
    it involvs creating "the Shaft of the Stars"

lol'd for a good 5 mins

also not an 'easter egg' per say, but the pre-quests to twilight highlands for horde ends with a goblin and his assistant demonstrating plane procedure, and when he asks the attendant to try on the emergency escape pack she replies "aw hells no!"
    Currently writing the Shaman Manifesto. Will include QQ, e-peen blazes, nerfs, and lightning. God damn i love lightning.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Troggzor the Earthinator" - stop him before he "earthinates" the countryside!

I guess someone at Blizz is a strongbad fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    "RAWRIMABEAR" only goes so far.

An ogre called "Herp'Durp" In the Crucible of Carnage quests, I laughed out loud.

Not in exactly the right order. it should be

Something bold
    Something brewed
    Something stolen
    Something stewed

anyone know where its from?
    probably only english people with get it
    Last edited by Possiblyreefer; 2010-12-10 at 08:11 AM.

There's a little girl wandering around a big robot called a Big Papa at Windshear Hold in Stonetalon. There's also a man called Anderov Ryon who shouts stuff out next to them.

In Hyjal, the quests to kill vulture riders, then run around and break eggs, is a reference to the old game "Joust."

In addition, the quest text to the first wave ends with "Fly, fool, fly!" with is undoubtedly a reference to the game from the same era, "Sinistar," where the villain would proclaim "Run, coward, Run!"

On the slightly more unpleasant side, there's a quest in Uldum called Camel Tow...

Also a daily in Tol Barad called Magnets, how do they work? (But I'm sure most of you have heard about this one! )

Quote Originally Posted by Jodah View Post
    A guildy of mine linked an item called "Case of Crabs". I laughed.
    No, the best is the followup that explains the crabs "A taste for Tail", and her other followup to get the baubles men have given her.

Also, the Vashj'ir crabs casting "Slap and Chop" was pretty funny the first time, as well as the goblin "Chip Endale" in the Kezan/Lost Isles area (the whole "Grand Theft Auto: Azeroth" feel of Kezan was to much).

And oh god, Mylune in Hyjal. "Now they can grow up and have ADVENTURES."

There's a whole very subtle Doctor Who quest line in Vashj'ir.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krieghoff View Post
    Disrupting the Murloc Gnoll...um... third faction alliance of evil in Loch Modan, the murlocs attack the Gnoll who yells
    "AH! CURSE YOUR SUDDEN YET INEVITABLE BETRAYAL!"

I immediately /yelled "AH HA HA MINE IS AN EVIL LAUGH. NOW DIE!!"
    OMG awesome Firefly reference.

I really laughed out out at the "THIS. IS. DRAGONMAW! *kick*" in Twilight Highlands quest.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry View Post
    There's a whole very subtle Doctor Who quest line in Vashj'ir.
    Would you be kind enough to link to that? I really like the show but might have missed it since I'm nearly done in Vashj'ir.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitchkart View Post
    In Hyjal, the quests to kill vulture riders, then run around and break eggs, is a reference to the old game "Joust."

In addition, the quest text to the first wave ends with "Fly, fool, fly!" with is undoubtedly a reference to the game from the same era, "Sinistar," where the villain would proclaim "Run, coward, Run!"
    Man I LOVED Joust! so amazing on the Gameboy

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chadiu View Post
    Have you found any possible Easter eggs or pop culture references?

I lol'd so hard at the quest in Uldum with the German Goblins when the one buliding goes on fire "Hide ze kids! Hide ze wifes! Vey Killin' veryone out vere!" (someone along those lines)

Or the dragonmaw starting quests, hell I was loling when the ambassador was talking to you before you go to the warchief, "After this I hope to live a successful life" "Stay back and stand close to me; I'm an expert". He was just asking for death!

"This is Madness!"
    "This is.."
    "DRAGONMAW!"
    *Kicked in fire*

So hilarious.
    I found the stuff he said before that incident a lot more entertaining:P

"Do you think this red shirt makes me look vulnerable?"
    "I'm looking forward to a long and prosperous life!"
    "This is my last assignment, I'm getting retired tomorrow!"

He never had a chance to survive to begin with

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zoma View Post