Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoog View Post
    thanks Takolin maybe that will help me more. i specced in haste instead. will try, but still we fire mages get forced to scorch ? wont that decrese our dps by alot ?

edit. Evocation, mana gems, are on constant cooldown in raids.

Yes scorch spam is less dps than FB spam but you also gain more HS procs in the same time to offset the dps loss which makes it acceptable.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    is it worth getting clearcasting at all whether that's 2/3 or 3/3 for fire? i'm trying to work out a spec after i just reached 85 and i can't think of something extremely good
    Unfortunately, until the people at Blizzard take time to quit explaining why they are right and anyone who disagrees is wrong, they are not going to even hear everyone speaking out desperately trying to warn them the ship is sinking.
    the problems driving players from WoW aren't content or the age of the game, the problem is how the game experience and design philosophy are being undermined by Blizzard's hubris and greed.

Quote Originally Posted by Baygon View Post
    is it worth getting clearcasting at all whether that's 2/3 or 3/3 for fire? i'm trying to work out a spec after i just reached 85 and i can't think of something extremely good
    The 1st point is worth about 1% dps, the other 2 are pretty much not needed according to EJ's math.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

It is as easy as this;

Take a Frost Mage buddy, spec into Shatter, use Mage Armour...enjoy hot streaks from frozen target crits....the end. And depending on the glyphs and other specs, I would call it the Fire-Frost Mage Piggy Back Build.
    Last edited by Chowderman; 2010-12-10 at 04:25 PM.
    "I heard Shadowmourne procs naked ladies..."
    The rapture took my paladin - May 21, 2011
    In a recent online survey, 100% of the population uses the internet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chowderman View Post
    It is as easy as this;

Take a Frost Mage buddy, spec into Shatter, use Mage Armour...enjoy hot streaks from frozen target crits....the end. And depending on the glyphs and other specs, I would call it the Fire-Frost Mage Piggy Back Build.
    Except you would gain nothing from shatter since the only way to have it work in PvE is through FoF, and you don't have that as fire.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Except you would gain nothing from shatter since the only way to have it work in PvE is through FoF, and you don't have that as fire.
    yeah, unfortunately that is a huge drawback on anything but trash mobs that can be frozen...
    "I heard Shadowmourne procs naked ladies..."
    The rapture took my paladin - May 21, 2011
    In a recent online survey, 100% of the population uses the internet.