Priest Vs Warlock?

So this has been on my mind, I'm going to reroll to another server for Alliance since Mal'Ganis is always locked up.

I've heard that Priest have been shitted on in words of healing and whatnot. And that fear has been super nerfed, so Warlocks are basically fucked too.

Should I level a Priest? A Warlock? Or Neither?

If you agree with Priest or Warlock please state a good race to make one.
    And if you agree with neither please state why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesong View Post
    That would entirely depend on what play style you prefer.

Warlocks are basically Hunters with demonic pets and using magic instead of guns. Priests are Mages with less firepower but more survivability.

In pure practical terms though, you might want to roll a Priest; you can always dual-spec so that you can queue as a Healer or DPS. Warlocks will always only be a DPSer.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only two characters I have is a warlock and priest. Personally go with a warlock first then maybe priest, although I do play my priest more.

Quote Originally Posted by Amry View Post
    That would entirely depend on what play style you prefer.

Warlocks are basically Hunters with demonic pets and using magic instead of guns. Priests are Mages with less firepower but more survivability.

In pure practical terms though, you might want to roll a Priest; you can always dual-spec so that you can queue as a Healer or DPS. Warlocks will always only be a DPSer.
    Warlocks are not hunters. We have pet and so do they. Anything after that there is nothing the same.

OP: I went from playing a Shadow Priest to playing Affliction Lock in Wrath and will play my Lock in Cata. If you want the option of healing and/or dpsing go Priest. If you want just to dps, roll a Lock. It's all up to you. Play what you like.

So this has been on my mind, I'm going to reroll to another server for Alliance since Mal'Ganis is always locked up.

I've heard that Priest have been shitted on in words of healing and whatnot. And that fear has been super nerfed, so Warlocks are basically fucked too.

If you agree with Priest or Warlock please state a good race to make one.
    And if you agree with neither please state why.

Warlock and Priest mains, so I suppose I'll chime in. The answer is... depends!

Personally, if I was only interested in DPS, I never would have rolled the priest. Warlocks are fun as hell and have 3 fairly distinct playstyles to keep you interested. Affliction for dots. Demonology for shadow/fire DD, demon form, powerful pets. Destruction of burst. All three are (supposedly) pvp-viable now, too, but I'm still not sure demonology passes the test other than the crazy damage it's capable of. Affliction is great if you like having complete control over a fight. Destruction is fun if you like racking up 20-30 KB's in battlegrounds. Don't be fooled by the recent 12% dmg nerf. They were WAY too strong before. They're still pretty awesome.

I didn't play the shadow priest much because as far as DPS classes go, after playing the lock, it just wasn't nearly as fun. I find the shadow priest playstyle to be a little clunky by comparison. But the big advantage is the ability to spec as heals. Disc is a pretty fun spec to play.

Priest have been shitted on in words of healing and whatnot.
    hmmm....what?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've heard that Priest have been shitted on in words of healing and whatnot.
    Where did you hear that? I'm enjoying my priest more than ever

But the choice is totally up to you;
    Do you want to heal every now and then? Roll a priest., dual spec shadow for dps
    Never want to heal, only go dps? You still need to chose

I'm really enjoying the Discipline talents at the moment Questing is easy because you're constantly healing yourself via Smite, and in dungeons (at least BRC and TotT, haven't done any other) you can actually do some damage while keeping the tank alive with shield + smite-healing