10+ Year Old Account

How to unlock portals to zones?

I'm 85, done 120 quests in Hyjal, got no portal there. Done half quests in Uldum, got portal. Half of the quests in Deepholm, got portal.

What makes you unlock the portal for each zone? I'm spending alot of time in Twilight Highlands now, and I would like to have the portal available!
    Assistant (to the) Regional Manager.

What faction?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ups, forgot to mention that, kinda essential :P. I am Horde!

I have encountered the same predicament, and have attempted to do additional research myself but have only found threads similar to this one. To the best of my current understanding, it may be a bug. I currently have a ticket pending and waiting for some form of confirmation.

i, too, would like to know this.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yes I'm at an impasse as to what has caused me to have the Deepholm portal immediately yet have no Hyjal portal after 142 quests. Frustrating, yet I know no one can help, But I hope this bug is fixed soon.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have all of the portals unlocked, did you make sure you did every bread crumb quest leading to the zone or did you just fly to the zone and start where ever there was a quest giver?

Twilight Highlands has you do some prep work inside of Orgrimmar/Stormwind before you go to the zone, and as for Horde goes, there's a quest to set up a portal while within the Highlands to Orgrimmar, so maybe that's what unlocks it from Orgrimmar as well.

I know the Hyjal one sends you to Moonglade to ride a drake through a zone introduction, did you do that?

Edit - It could just be a bug as well, could always try deleting your Cache folder which usually can fix bugs where you can't interact with objects.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortuitous View Post
    I have all of the portals unlocked, did you make sure you did every bread crumb quest leading to the zone or did you just fly to the zone and start where ever there was a quest giver?

Twilight Highlands has you do some prep work inside of Orgrimmar/Stormwind before you go to the zone, and as for Horde goes, there's a quest to set up a portal while within the Highlands to Orgrimmar, so maybe that's what unlocks it from Orgrimmar as well.

I know the Hyjal one sends you to Moonglade to ride a drake through a zone introduction, did you do that?

Edit - It could just be a bug as well, could always try deleting your Cache folder which usually can fix bugs where you can't interact with objects.
    I've done all the prequests to all zones, except for Vasjir, done to the last inch or w/e u say. Except I havent done the quest to help "set up" a portal in TWH to Org.

I have done the quest that first sends one to the moonglade and ride the emerald drake, I have done every single quest within Hyjal, I have scoured up and down the zone searching for something I may have possibly missed, I have searched online for some possible explanation, alas, to no avail.

I sincerely do believe this may be a bug, and a rather rampant one at that considering how many threads I have seen posted bearing this very same question. I must say, I do find some solace in the knowledge that I am not alone in this dilemma, for I am sure Blizzard has become aware of the issue and will eventually resolve it. Hopefully.

I deleted both the Cache and WTF folders; however, I still do not have the portal to Hyjal. Thank you for the suggestion though, it was certainly worth a shot. BTW, I enjoy your sig.
    Last edited by JRR Trollkien; 2010-12-10 at 08:24 AM. Reason: Attempted to delete Cache and WTF folders

Quests from command board

Here's how the portals were unlocked for me, to the best of my knowledge.
    1. Uldum - got quest in southwest Tanaris where i hopped on caravan going into Uldum. Noticed later i had portal in Orgrimmar. (not sure if there was quest from command board).
    2. Vash'jir - quest from Command Board in Org to take boat to Vash'jir from Org harbor
    3. Mt Hyjal - command board quest to go to Moonglade
    4. Twilight Highlands - quest from command board that sends you to Bilgewater Harbor north or Org, then few quests there. then take zep from Azshara.
    5. Deepholm - quest from command board in org

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Landolph View Post
    I've done all the prequests to all zones, except for Vasjir, done to the last inch or w/e u say. Except I havent done the quest to help "set up" a portal in TWH to Org.
    Nice avatar, that is all.