Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

No OH Sword/Axe/Mace from HC dungeons?

I have been looking at all loot from heroics, and I cannot find a single OH weapon except Daggers. Anyone know where to get anything else then daggers?

I dont like the way daggers attack when I am Combat spec :-)

theres nothing,daggers are it currently, my guess is that they think/intend you to go slow/slow,and main gauche promotes that,cept it blows

they said at/around/after blizzcon about making it 4x as good,like 50-60% proc,and it still wouldnt be that great

15+ Year Old Account
    There's a couple offhand weapons from JP, not sure how good they'd be for a rogue though.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../enders/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Luuth View Post
    I think the easiest way to make people happy would be to nerf the target dummy.

Or you could just give up combat and move on to mut spec which is alot more stable on dps and doesnt suffer rng hardly as much as combat.

It feels almost like blizzard forgot about combat weapons in general....

THe OH dagger from Justice Points is pretty good.

Deleted
    The OH dagger for Justice points and the OH dagger from the crocodile boss in Lost city of Tol'vir (HC) are both very good offhands, for any spec. Now that there's no weapon spec in combat, there's nothing saying you can't take dagger OHs. So gogo!

Quote Originally Posted by Cotech View Post
    Now that there's no weapon spec in combat, there's nothing saying you can't take dagger OHs.
    Non-dagger offhands would be superior due to different normalization.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zbik View Post
    theres nothing,daggers are it currently, my guess is that they think/intend you to go slow/slow,and main gauche promotes that,cept it blows
    Main Gauche is just an regular swing, wich means a slow weapon wont increase the DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sigh, OH dagger yet again... I did enjoy double axe though. It looked nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarr View Post
    Main Gauche is just an regular swing, wich means a slow weapon wont increase the DPS.

MG counts as a special attack so it is normalized

Go assassination. Combat is not worth playing right now.

Basically yeah, you need a fast dagger OH now - typically the badge one etc. It's weird, and also play what spec you want really. I play has combat right now for 4%, I enjoy it - its facerolling and so far and I've done awesome dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly, Blizzard has thrown Combat into the fire. In it's wake, I've gone Assassination and the numbers are beautiful.

On-topic: Daggers are much better for Combat Potency procs. If it's looking cool you want, just get one of the 2.60 speed off-hands. Plus, it's easier for Blizz to just itemize daggers then make an off-hand that only one spec is going to use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    We removed the Fun Stuff forum, all the Fun in the MMO-Champion forums will now be taking place in my pants.

Xenophics <Famous> - Scarlet Crusade (US)

Quote Originally Posted by RustyDran View Post
    Basically yeah, you need a fast dagger OH now - typically the badge one etc. It's weird, and also play what spec you want really. I play has combat right now for 4%, I enjoy it - its facerolling and so far and I've done awesome dps.
    With the raid fights lasting as long as they do there is no conceivable way unless an assassination rogue was rolling his face on his keyboard or not using backstab that you could have beat one. 15% damage sub 35% easily trumps the pitiful 2% damage combat get's extra and it probably isn't even this high. More like 1.5%, and the problem is one of the first fights in Bastion of Twilight requires you to switch targets.

The only time you should play the spec you really want to play is if you are willing to be a burden to your guild in raids, and the damage difference is minimal. Which currently, it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrelime View Post
    With the raid fights lasting as long as they do there is no conceivable way unless an assassination rogue was rolling his face on his keyboard or not using backstab that you could have beat one. 15% damage sub 35% easily trumps the pitiful 2% damage combat get's extra and it probably isn't even this high. More like 1.5%, and the problem is one of the first fights in Bastion of Twilight requires you to switch targets.

The only time you should play the spec you really want to play is if you are willing to be a burden to your guild in raids, and the damage difference is minimal. Which currently, it isn't.
    Or if you don't have the 4% phys debuff in your raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Delon View Post
    Or if you don't have the 4% phys debuff in your raid.
    Frost Dk's bring it, or get a pet.

the pitiful 2% damage combat get's extra and it probably isn't even this high. More like 1.5%, and the problem is one of the first fights in Bastion of Twilight requires you to switch targets. .
    why exactly do you insist that 4% are 2% or even "more like 1,5%" ?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    why exactly do you insist that 4% are 2% or even "more like 1,5%" ?
    Uhh what? The difference between combat and mutilate's damage has been mathed out on EJ. I am not pulling the 1.5%-2% from nowhere.

Go assassination. Combat is not worth playing right now.
    I run at least one Combat rogue and one Assassination rogue in my raids - I would even run a sub rogue if I could find a dedicated one. Right now the difference between combat and assassination is small enough that there's no reason not to play combat. In the long term I have found that it is good to have people stick to their specs since what spec is on top changes over time and between fights. Flavor of the month spec swappers have turned out to be worse on average than players that specialize in one spec.