Deleted

Warcraft story is geting more and more poop?

Do you agree or not?

I think the wow story have gone down the toilet since Burning crusade. WC1, 2, 3 and TFT had awesome stories that really made you want to know more about WoW and it's universe. But lately they have been releasing crap after crap. the BC story was preatty dumb imo. They took 3 of the more interesting heroes from WC3 and made em all badguys for no reason. (example: what reason did illidan have to be hostile? Yeh he had his trifles with the NE, but his brother, malfurion, forgave him and made peace). Then WOTLK came and the story was so pure mainstream crap. All we did was defeat the KL over and over again (in quests, raids etc) the crusade basicly strolled in, yawned a little and killed the lich king. wooptiedoo.

Now they added the worgen race? WTF, really what a shit excuse for a race. All they wanted was a "cool" race to sell the game even further.

/end rant!

10+ Year Old Account
    whats up with all these hate threads lately? everything is "wow sucks because of this, wow sucks because of that".

its a game, just enjoy it.

/fedtroll

Strength is something you earn.
    Rockin' Azeroth since Vanilla BETA.

Server first kill of Ragnaros (back in the day).
    He's back for more. I'm gonna give it to him.

Deleted
    Rawr, Rage, go play pvp, UMAD? And all that..

I think it's quite hard to write good stories for an MMO.
    Afaik, Vanilla didn't even have a real story, and because the expensions are marketed with big villans on the box they need to kill off somebody every time around. THan there's the fact we're these all powerful adverturers that can overcome every challange if we try hard enough. There's not really much you can do with that concept.
    It's like Superman, but without the Kriptonite.

I do agree that the RTS games where better for storytelling, but that's because they could give you a major lore character and play out the story with him.
    They'll need to make a WC4 sometime soon to inject some more lore

Please lock this early.

It is going to turn into a flamefest!

Illidan worked for the Burning Legion, even in WC3. You know, those bad guys who want to see us all dead. Ya pretty sure that makes him a bad guy, even if he had a bromance with his broham. As for the crusade, well considering how many died lorewise, ya they didnt just "stroll in". And quite frankly the plot of many storys have a hero/heroes foil the scemes of an evil villan. LK was a villan doing bad things. We were heroes coming to Northrend to end him. So ya...no shit we defeat him at turns. He was fighting a losing battle from the get go due to the fact that at the end we are destined to win, aka the point of the game. And quite frankly you dont seem to give any reasons of why worgen are a "shit excuse of a race", so I wont even bother with that.

Ontop of all of the spew you gave, you talk about the lore being...poop, yet you seem to be talking purely of gaming experience and I doubt you have read many (if any) of the books. Also assuming the third hero you never seemed to mention is Kael'thas...ya considering he works for Illidan who works for the Burning Legion, aka the baddies, you should be able to put 1 and 1 together.

Edit: Well Kael "worked" for Illidan until he went all power crazy and went over Illidilly. Alla Sunwell.
    Last edited by Gharld; 2010-12-10 at 09:38 AM.

The story isn't actually that bad. I'm fond of WoW's hundreds of mini-stories.

However, the voice acting in WoW is cringe-worthy terrible. There's one line that gave me goosebumps and it was Nefarian's "Now let's see who's the true lord of Blackrock Spire".

WoW's voice acting definitely needs to feel less forced, it sounds like Resident Evil 1.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Netram View Post
    However, the voice acting in WoW is cringe-worthy terrible.
    This put me out of the Gilneas storyline everytime Crowley opened his mouth.. I just don't beleave him

Deleted
    If ya watched the BC cinematic trailer you woud know wy he got angry to put it in human words
    GET OF MY PROPPERTY
    Yes we bannished him, and now we even want his propperty in outland, ot atleast thats my basic idea of it (i know there is more to it).

And wotlk was the xpac where WC3 ended and if you read the qst short storys or wat ever they ar called you can actualy read lore amazing isent it (sarcasem), and i liked both the xpacs even though vanilla dident had a real story.
    And am loving Cata atm to ^^, its even better know withe the short movie inside some qsts that gives you a better lore exp, imo

cheers

Deleted
    Honestly, I agree the story is going downhill, and Vanilla DID have some story, it was the aftermath of the war when it was "safe" to travel and that, but new threats whitin the borders had appeared.
    Worgen is a crappy excuse of a race? That statement made my cry, you know Alliance has lost ALOT of people in the war? Greymane had to do something, and they asked Alliance if they could rejoin it, Alliance needed it, the same with the Gilnean's.
    TBC wasn't all that "great", but honestly, Illidan could've gotten a better end, Kael however, should've BEEN saved, but as you know, he got literally crazy and started to be paranoid.
    Wrath of the Lichking is what happened when Arthas finally decided to wake up from his learnings, and by that, we got back on the TFT road(except it was a few years after) which means were back where we left.
    Cataclysm is focused on Deathwing, the aspect of death, which now has regained much of his strength and are trying to burn Azeroth, once agian, as we haven't seen him ingame before, it's new to the lore and we can only hope Blizzard makes something good about it.
    Which means the story is progressing of what we have, many people want "Emerald Dream" and Pandaren, etc. but we won't get it, atleast not for now, cause those things are cleared out, Azeroth is a planet, almost like our earth, which means we have still unidentified places we can visit, if Azeroth isn't a disk like world(read it somewhere O_o) then we have the backside left, the story ISN'T over, it will continue all out untill we will fight Sargearas, who knows, we might even make him turn the tide and become good agian, saving the universe, nothing is impossible with Blizz, they will continue 'til the money is empty, so all I can say is: The story RIGHT NOW might be crap for YOU, but remember, you will get some story you'll like, but not today, wait and see or unsubscribe, save the money and buy a car or something?

If you don't like it, don't play it. It's as simple as that.

The story isn't actually that bad. I'm fond of WoW's hundreds of mini-stories.

However, the voice acting in WoW is cringe-worthy terrible. There's one line that gave me goosebumps and it was Nefarian's "Now let's see who's the true lord of Blackrock Spire".

WoW's voice acting definitely needs to feel less forced, it sounds like Resident Evil 1.
    With all the billions of dollars Blizzard makes off WoW they still have most of the voice acting done by the creative team. The quest in the Malestorm with Thrall and Deathwing sounds like Chris Metzen talking to himself in the bathroom mirror.

He's a fine voice actor, considering it's not his chosen profession, but he does way too many of the voices and it shows, no matter how many distortion techniques they try to mask it with.

It trully gets terrible when you hear Agatha and Therazane in Deepholm.

The lore don't suck at all. They have followed the lore you are introduced to in the War of the Ancients trilogy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taloth View Post
    Honestly, I agree the story is going downhill, and Vanilla DID have some story, it was the aftermath of the war when it was "safe" to travel and that, but new threats whitin the borders had appeared.
    Worgen is a crappy excuse of a race? That statement made my cry, you know Alliance has lost ALOT of people in the war? Greymane had to do something, and they asked Alliance if they could rejoin it, Alliance needed it, the same with the Gilnean's.
    I'm not talking about the Gilneas joining the alliance, i'm talking about them all becoming worgens. it just don't feels like a good enough excuse for a new race. Just like the draenei was WAy out of place. "HEy look at us we crash giant spaceship on island, no gotz laser weapons we use hammer lol!" just WTF. yeh draeneis are in the wow lore since before. but they didn't have freaking spaceships and shit. it just feels out of place.

TBC wasn't all that "great", but honestly, Illidan could've gotten a better end, Kael however, should've BEEN saved, but as you know, he got literally crazy and started to be paranoid.
    Wrath of the Lichking is what happened when Arthas finally decided to wake up from his learnings, and by that, we got back on the TFT road(except it was a few years after) which means were back where we left.
    What bothers me is that we just run in and kill thise heroes as if nothing happens. then move on to kill deathwing. WOTLK DID focus on some old lore, but i HATED the fact that they took a villian from TFT that was awesome, made him out like any other random badguy that just didn't "feel" like killing us every chance he got, then killed him of in a stupid way. (Tirion just geting some HOLY SHITZ powers and WTF PWNS the LK randomly. I'm actually going to say I could write a better ending to that. YES I SAID IT!

Cataclysm is focused on Deathwing, the aspect of death, which now has regained much of his strength and are trying to burn Azeroth, once agian, as we haven't seen him ingame before, it's new to the lore and we can only hope Blizzard makes something good about it.
    Which means the story is progressing of what we have, many people want "Emerald Dream" and Pandaren, etc. but we won't get it, atleast not for now, cause those things are cleared out, Azeroth is a planet, almost like our earth, which means we have still unidentified places we can visit, if Azeroth isn't a disk like world(read it somewhere O_o) then we have the backside left, the story ISN'T over, it will continue all out untill we will fight Sargearas, who knows, we might even make him turn the tide and become good agian, saving the universe, nothing is impossible with Blizz, they will continue 'til the money is empty, so all I can say is: The story RIGHT NOW might be crap for YOU, but remember, you will get some story you'll like, but not today, wait and see or unsubscribe, save the money and buy a car or something?
    The last thing you said is what i fear. WoW story will continue untill the cash is gone. All we will do is find a new badguy, beat him down and find another untill everyone is happy there is rainbows everywhere. that's the way i feel the wow story is going. sadly, the story died with vanilla.

I think the op only skimmed the stories and didn't look deep into what was actually going on.

Deleted
    i don't think blizzard puts much effort into Lore beacause nobody follows it anyways :P

incl me

pvp brah

Just wondering, not a flame. If you hate the WoW voice acting, why not turn it off... you can still read it!

I agree the stories were A LOT better in the Warcraft RTS games, specially in RoC and TFT. But WoW is a mmorpg, and its a lot harder to tell a good story, they don't want to bore out the players. Ana example is CoS, where Arthas, Jaina and Uther are roleplaying. Everyone just wanted to skip that because it was boring.

This also causes as result that Blizzard thinks nobody cares about the lore anyway, so they put some things together and release it.

Quote Originally Posted by littlepiggy View Post
    Just wondering, not a flame. If you hate the WoW voice acting, why not turn it off... you can still read it!
    I prefer listening to a character speaking, I can "take in" what is happening better when I hear it. The dialogue is ok, the acting is shit.