Poll: Raced or relaxed?

Question Race or relaxed?

How many of you race to 85 and how many of you was a bit more relaxed doing a bit of everything?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I kept a solid pace, but I took the time to read every quest text. I also did stop to pick some flowers on my way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I know for a fact Magni's last words were "My body is now DIAMONDS!"

15+ Year Old Account
    i didnt exactly race i went to work did everything i have always done and well i dinged yesterday so i guess i was relaxed.

Deleted
    I've not Cata yet, but I know I will not race to 85. What's the point? To get to grinding faster? It's the levelling for the first time is what's best in the game - all the fun, cool quests, breathtaking scenery... Nowhere to hurry =)

Deleted
    I was gonna race, but then i got ill so i went to bed after logging in for 10 minutes
    Atm im leveling 7 toons from 80-85 so im only playing rested on each one and my main with whatever time i have left.

Did it like i quested the new old world = relaxed.

Reading through all the quests etc. No reason to race since my guild is a 25-man raid and other guys are even slower than me.
    Last edited by Jinzil; 2010-12-10 at 10:34 AM.

Deleted
    I raced from 80 to 83 but then I lost the interest to race it and started doing quests a bit more relaxing way. I'm not even 85 yet and I dinged 82 in few hours after release. I've also been away most of the few days that have passed and therefore haven't played much. I consider it to be relaxed questing since I'm playing a little less and with less intensivity.

PvP Server, no way I was getting ANY firsts on Alliance side. ALL the firsts went to the Horde side, specifically the top guilds who had everyone working doing all their favors.

I'm only on 81 still, so you could say fairly relaxed, hah.
    but yeah, like the people above said. tryin' to take time to enjoy the quests and zones and whatnot. gonna take me a while regardless... until later tonight, tomorrow, and the beginning of Sunday...

Relaxed: about a level each day while keeping up with enchanting and tailoring - so a few hours each evening.

Each day is becoming progressively more fun. With hindsight I wished I hadn't bothered the first day but I have plenty of alts to re-experience the content properly...

(Also I still have memories of being just about the only healer at 80 on my server and not being able to log on for being overwhelmed with requests to heal heroics - there was no way I was going to let that happen again!)

Deleted
    Raced and didn't raced. A mix of two. I'm 84 by now, so i don't think i totally raced it, but within the time i do play,i seek to level fast and do the essential things first, because i am waiting for the rated battlegrounds to start next week. I want my guild to be prepared and start pvp raiding as soon as possible. Still, i enjoy the quests, doing useless things(but still funny and entertaining) such achievements or such. But first to all, pvp.

I'm still racing. My Guild wants to be first into raids when they're available, if they aren't already for some reason. After we start doing Blackwing Descent and the Bastion of Twilight, I can slow down with my hierloom covered alts.

Deleted
    Very much relaxed, I got Cataclysm on the day it launched and so far I've done...one quest post-80. I did level two goblins to level 20 though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was the first 85 in my guild :-)

I have 4 more 80s, a 70, and a few other alts to level.. I'll take my time with them!

I think there's an option "I'm not 85 yet" missing, so I voted "I didn't race" because I don't intend to.
    Last edited by blizzy; 2010-12-10 at 11:46 AM. Reason: typo

I didn't race for two reasons, one was I didn't know who to level first my horde bloodelf paladin or my allaince nightelf Druid so I just leveked both at the same time. Other reason, I work nights so not alot of time to play lol. No 85 yet, haven't even do a instance yet.

it depends during the week i dont play as much but during the weekened i play a lot but at a generally slow place to read each quest log
    Ben Kenobi "This isn't the signature you are looking for."

I'm not even trying to get to lvl 85. The old new content is so much more appealing to me right now. Being around since the beginning and then rediscover the whole world again thrills me. That said I have seen both starting areas and I look forward to see more indeed. I wanted to let the rush wear off so I could have the zones for myself or at least with fewer people in. Launch day was just wacked.

Raced. I didn't sleep until I hit 85. Made the mistake of doing Vashj'ir over Hyjal for the starting zones so that put me back a solid 4 hours unfortunately because it was about a half level difference between people who leveled in Hyjal vs Vashj'ir. Did it in about 25 hours and ended up being the 3rd person in my guild to 85. Not bad for not doing much in beta because I was using a friends beta account.
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Melodi, Resto Druid