Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Jewelcrafting: Screwed again???

Okay I am unsure if this has been answered already, but I have searched and have not found anything, so I apologize in advance. I have been a jeweler since Burning Crusades, first came out. In WOTLK not only was there a JC Daily but there was also the damaged Necklace that you could get JC tokens. I see that a JC daily is offered in the New Xpac, but as of yet I have not seen anything similar to the Damaged necklace for xtra token turn ins.

I am curious to know why the JC Profession gets screwed. As it stands I will need to do this daily almost 300 times to gain every JC pattern sold by the Vendor. Whereas other Professions can literally get maxed and all the Patterns, (Depending on how much they wish to farm) within 30 days or less for a hard core gamer that wants all the currently available patterns from their trainers and Vendors.

End of QQING for my fellow JC Peeps

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, the only known source is daily at the moment. Additional may be discovered / added.
    We may get recipes from raids as well. Normal or heroic, but they may be dropping from trash as it was in Karazhan.

But not having all recipes look fine with me. We will have different recipes and that cool. I love any way to make my character unique as much as I can.
    91 lvl Elit Alcoholic Ирез

Deleted
    What!?! God... That is just CRYING!!!!
    U really want to have everything within the first few days/weeks?
    JC Is soo Lucky!!! U get to have a Daily ffs!!! I had almost everything for Eng the first day it came out... whats the fun in that...? nothing to work for, and most of all... nothing to look forward to...

This makes JC a lot more fun AND more importantly, profitable because not everyone will have every single JC design a month or two after launch.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

15+ Year Old Account
    I fail to understand how is a daily grind fun. JC token system makes me wanna cry. I hoped they won't keep that in CT, but they did.

10+ Year Old Account
    i understand the difficulty of getting patterns through a daily system. atleast alchemists and inscribers get a discovery system. but in the end jewelcrafting is the single most profitable crafting profession out there. i wouldn't go as far as saying your guys get screwed. your going to make a ton of money and your profession is going to be useful from the start to the end of the expansion.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's really hard to take a topic called "Jewelcrafting: Screwed again" seriously. Its the best pve and money making profession in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Groznar View Post
    It's really hard to take a topic called "Jewelcrafting: Screwed again" seriously. Its the best pve and money making profession in the game.
    Exactly...

By the way, when did JC ever get screwed? It's been the most profitable profession since day 1.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Switch to engineering, then come talk to me about how JC got screwed...

lolwut? you don't even understand that what you're QQing about is what makes JC the most profitable among the professions.

You don't want all the patterns, you really don't. Get those that you/your guild needs (work together to determine who buys what) and those that sell well. The fact that you can't but them all means that competition on the AH is far less than for other professions, which means more profit if you can find a niche. If your niche gets taken, find another one.
    Join Amicus, 10man progression raiding, but on a respectable 2day schedule!

15+ Year Old Account
    Tbh I didn´t count the damaged necklace for alot as an "extra" income since it was so damn rare (and yes I´m too much of a cheapskate to bother looking at ah for that specific thing since it also took mats to do the quest).

I can't believe people are complaining about there profession having a daily. I would kill for a daily on most of my professions. Alchemist have to wait over 24 hours to get a random recipe, at least you get to choose. I suggest dropping jc and picking up violin playing

Quote Originally Posted by nwo View Post
    Exactly...

By the way, when did JC ever get screwed? It's been the most profitable profession since day 1.
    Alchemy is far better if you know what you're doing as it's time investment to profit ratio is far lower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well luckly the last expansion lasted 2 years...you've got plenty of time!

Besides, it's not like you're ever going to cut 80% of the patterns. Just get the 20% you need.
    Lightning Fast

I was thinking the same when my first JC hit 450 in wotlk but after I got a few recipe the one I needed most, the daily was no longer a burden I did it only when had nothing to do and soon without even realizing it I had almost all recipe.

In my point of view JC have the easiest time getting their best recipe BS, LW, Tail, Ench in the other side have to get them from raid bosses that a casual player may never see.

Inscription and Alchemy discovery system is more painful for me, not only you need to farm a lot of materials but they have the same daily limit because of the cooldown and you don't chose what you will get, it is random.

15+ Year Old Account
    The daily seems to be alot better atleast if you compare it to Leatherworking. First of all a Jewelcrafter usually don't even get all cuts and there is usually more than one Jewelcrafter in the guild so each of those focuses on different cuts. For a Leatherworker to get all new patterns from vendor we need to farm 2200 savage leather

EDIT - Sorry for double post.
    Last edited by Adis; 2010-12-10 at 03:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valiorik View Post
    But not having all recipes look fine with me. We will have different recipes and that cool. I love any way to make my character unique as much as I can.
    Engrish finest at.
    YouTube Channel. TTTT
    "Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go went to do look more like."
    "just cuz u can't comrepehdnable the situational understand in to they of those that spoked to the point in understandable them and then comprehend what their said to them and until then dont spoke."