Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Depressing Heroics

I know the heroics are hard and i'm cool with that. When i'm on my own with no guildies on I like to que up for a heroic so i can start getting them learned and stuff. However I've been unable to complete none of them due to group falling apart after 1 boss or some trash wipes and it's very irritating.

Anyone else want to pull their hair out at these ppl?

I guess not, because we're not full of fail so we queue with guildies and then our groups dont fail.

Deleted
    You dinged 85 to late, on 7th december it was quite 'easy' to do them

10+ Year Old Account
    People have WOTLK mentality where they "I DON"T WANTZZ TO GET SAVEDZZ" to an instance lol.

If only people weren't like that.
    Hey everyone

Last night i did one with a guy that was obviously not a wotlk badkid. He stuck around through wipe after wipe till we cleared the whole place. That's how it's done folks. If you have to learn, you have to learn.

Done 2 heroics on 8th dec in pug, took ~3h to complete each (VP and DM), fully repaired 6 times. I really liked that noone gave up, despite the wipes, we've been same 5 ppl from different realms for all 6h long. After 9th dec I just wasn't able to complete even one heroic anymore, no group I've been in could kill even 1st boss, disbanded after 2-3 wipes (most of them disband after wiping on trash). Can't wait for guildies to hit 85 and get some gear to start our own heroic runs!

people need to understand that you will wipe in heroics no questions about it, ive been running with a full guild group of guys i got plagued drakes with back in wrath, and anywhere from 1-3 wipes per boss is the norm. some are easy(ripsnarl/cookie) others are hard(setesh/ammunae), if people leave after a wipe then they will continue to be undergeared and fail at heroics.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Blizz in my opinion made it so that to get the gear u want, you have to become a better player (be it there be many wipes) which in turn I think makes for a better raider. Wrath has was easy and got boring (heroics anyways). So instead of a fresh player getting to 85 just facerolling everything, people have to learn the mechanics and actually use their utilities to cc and such. Which I think blizz did right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by herpecin View Post
    people need to understand that you will wipe in heroics no questions about it, ive been running with a full guild group of guys i got plagued drakes with back in wrath, and anywhere from 1-3 wipes per boss is the norm. some are easy(ripsnarl/cookie) others are hard(setesh/ammunae), if people leave after a wipe then they will continue to be undergeared and fail at heroics.
    Most of the people i meet during leveling are the usual "Wotlk Hero" and they end up ninja pulling everything and than leaving after wipe sighhh
    Yesterday i went to do a random dungeon 6 more bars to 85 (due to reduced wow time have to work) and tank was a dk also with a friend also dk but dps in stonecore they both manged to pull 4 packs and 1 big guy and than they expected the healer to keep the group up and the dps to burn em down....
    Now my rule is if it aint a grun better not to make a run at all
    Retired

Met two tanks yesterday that didn't know they had to pick up adds on the final boss of Stonecore. It's been fun, but it's been special as well, special because I seem to get every fail tank known to man when I pug.

Ah derr.... Whats CC? Oh I know, it has to stand for Coca Cola.

I think the only solution here is to go back to TBC way. Find some good people on your realm and try to stick with them.

You are playing on your own so its harder for you. But still, WoW is MMO, and certain things just cant be alone. I would seriously start thinking about looking for guild / friends in you want to do heroics / raids
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

there are a lot of stupid people in the world, but heroics are definitely doable, i just hit 85 on my druid tank and i've been clearing heroics pretty consistently. there's a lot of wipes, but there are def some good players around.

Deleted
    no i dont have that problem, i simply dont pug.

Best solution ever ! and yes i hope lfg dies

Can't you just do the normal versions to get to know them? (I'm not 85 yet, so I don't know if there's a lot of differences between the normal and heroic versions)

Honestly yes the heroics are difficult, but I'm not finding them this hard. Since starting heroics I've only had 1 or 2 groups out right fail, and most of them cleared the bosses with relative ease.
    Might just be luck that I get grouped with players that actually know what they're doing... who knows.

people have the WotLK mentality where you dont wipe or ''lose you time''...

I've played thru BC and it was awsome. pretty much like Cata IMO. ... IMO : BC > WotLK < Cata

And I think it's awesome to have this feeling... of the content being hard and that you have to learn the stuff.

WotLK players will have a very hard time in the Cata content. and I like that.

I think many players will drop the game or be depressed about the new content. and that's a good thing. I'm tired of people leaving after one wipe thinking they're the best and dont ''deserve'' to wipe.

While I haven't tested a Heroic yet (Didn't meet the gear req til late last night), 2 of my guildies said that while they are hard, a TON of the burden is on the Tank and Healer. If either up them comes up short, it's virtually done for.

Yes, CC is needed, which tons of classes bring, but if you wind up with unskilled, talentless (figuratively, not game mechanic), hacks that still play the WotLK way, it's hopeless now.

Hell, I had one 1 overpull in a regular Stonecore (we got 1 big giant and a pack of 3 flayers), I was tanking, and yeah. That was virtually a wipe in itself. Nobody died, but every CD on my bar was burnt (and being a Paladin, and not 85, meant I only had my 20% bubble, not 50% guardian bubble). Plate be damned, everything hits hard.

Deleted
    If you aint willing to work your rear off for the heroic items, you dont deserve the items.

Was waiting for our 5th guildie to hit 85, so once he gets some decent gear we will run the heroics with the guild
    LFD + HC sounds like a very bad idea

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calmantos View Post
    Met two tanks yesterday that didn't know they had to pick up adds on the final boss of Stonecore. It's been fun, but it's been special as well, special because I seem to get every fail tank known to man when I pug.

Ah derr.... Whats CC? Oh I know, it has to stand for Coca Cola.
    last boss of stonecore heroic is the dude with his 3 shadows right? If im not mistaken, those shadows give a massive healing debuff when they are on you and therefore the tank taking them is slightly retarded. The dps should be kiting them whilst dpsing or you can have 1 person kite them whilst the group kills the boss.

Also, dont pug go with your guild, pugs are for wotlk hero's (except within the first 30 hours or so of release when all the hardcore people leveled up)

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    People only remember facerolling WotLK heroics in T9/10.

Somehow, it should be the same now in Cataclysm few hours after dinging lvl85. This is complete nonsense.

It seems like no one remember actually how hard some of the WotLK heroics were. It's all about overgearing the instance and knowing the tactics.

When people had just dinged lvl80, some of the instances were almost impossible for pugs, and really hard for guild groups. I still remember Loken in HoL where most pugs failed, or the Brann event in HoS or even Occulus.

It was the same with the BC heroics. Shattered hall or Arcatraz on hard mode was just brutal and you wouldn't even consider pugging it in green gear.

Why do people think it is harder now then it was in previous expansions? It's exactly the same. If anything, the fact some people are already clearing them means they probably are easier now.