Thread: Tank upgrades

Tank upgrades

Is anyone not getting any tank upgrade or is it just me?

I've done both Vash and Hyjal quest and yet to come across a good upgrade to my tanking gear, ill be moving to deepholme which i know has a nice axe but will i see some good tanking upgrades so i can do stonecore and so on?

So far, i've only replaced one piece of gear and that was my neck.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are in 277 stuff you wont be changing much until 83 at minimum. If you are 232/245 a couple of pieces are out there. Have you looked away from quests and ran the dungeons yet? I tanked my way to 83 and had replaced nearly all I had on my DK. I had no 277 as a tank becuase I didn't tank much, My dps gear was being replaced all thru 83-85 bit by bit.

i had replaced all of my dk's tanking gear except for rings by the time i hit 85 witha various mix of quest rewards and dungeon drops, greens and blues. I was in mostly 264 gear (icc hm) with a couple of 277 pieces.

I think my average item level is 260, so its not way up there. I haven't done to many dungeons either.

Just an observation, leveling gear does not normally coincide with tanking. If your questing, like many of us you probably using your DPS spec. Gear should be geared towards that. If your looking for some basic tanking gear you may want to run some instances. I have found a lot of plate tanking gear drops in them. Also have you looked into any crafted gear?

I've planned to get the goggles soon, but that bout it.

I'm actually leveling as tank, as I never DPSed in WolTk so had no gear and didn't think about starting one