10+ Year Old Account

Home page, ad placement

Trying to search stuff thru the cata quick link drop down. The advertisment covers most of the drop down. Is there a way to block the adds? Or at least a fix to not being blocked by them?

Adblock is my bff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

Deleted
    Moved to Suggestions and Feedback.

10+ Year Old Account
    TY, did not know about ad blocker. Switched to chrome and installed the plugin... no more adds ftw!

Mage ty for the move. Lock if ya want now =)

Deleted
    I'll keep it up as it does need to be fixed if this is happening for everyone. Ads are not here to annoy everyone, they're also important for the site, so it's not a good idea if everyone starts using ad-blockers

10+ Year Old Account
    Using Google Chrome alone should be enough to keep the ads their appropriate sizes, meaning you won't need to block them. Just like commercials, they are a necessary evil for funding.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, ads are necessary to maintain the site and pay for hosting and so on. Running such a large site means there's lots of costs associated with hosting, maintenance, etc.

I know there was some annoying zindex bug with the dropdown menu, but I thought that had been fixed -- can you post a screenshot if it's still happening, or let me know browser/version?

The advertisement is a video .swf (flash) which covers up the entire top navigation menu. I am using IE7 (its a work computer SHH!!).

I sent in screen shots to Boub and reported the issue.

~Atal

10+ Year Old Account
    I was on ie8, do not recall what add it was, but it would placed right under the cataclysm drop down box on the upper right of main screen. It's never an issue at home but here at work I hadn't ever been able to use that function since the home page was redone. No SS program here either, sry.

bugs me too, it's why I'm glad some of the adds have a little countdown so you don't accidentally move your mouse too close to them and WHAM they fill the screen with crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by yovmit98 View Post
    No SS program here either, sry.
    There's no "SS program" needed to take screenshots. All you do is hit the Print Screen button on the page you want to capture, open something like MS Paint, CTRL+V to paste the image there, save it, upload to an image site (imgur.com/tinypic.com, etc), and post it here.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

The issue is still occurring as of today, but I wanted to share the screen shot on the forum here as well as having emailed Boub already.

i56 .tinypic. com/ o1xra.jpg

It would be fine if the middle bar would go away once the video stops... however it just sits and blocks the entire chunk of the website. I am unable to link directly to the board at this time, so link above is segmented out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well same issue at home as I had at work. The ads under the Cata drop down box cover the drop down. Like, right now I cannot look into the archaeology because it's being covered by Salt the movie...

As far as taking a SS, I hit print svreen and I get nothing, unless I am in wow, then I get more dwarf a$$ pics.

Perhaps it is just with certain ads. The Tron ad was just up and it worked just fine. I'll ad Salt to the ad report sticky if it's not there yet.

The best adds are the ones that expand when you mouseover. Makes for much fun when you are clicking through your open tabs and then try and click on one of the latest post things.
    Quote Originally Posted by trainwreck
    If they do incorporate Worgen and Goblins as playable races it will be the last straw. I've let my children play this (somewhat evil) game in my Christian household for long enough. These changes will bring a whole new level of evil and Satanism that I can't stand by and let my kids experience. I will be cancelling.