Page 1 of 2
LastLast

As fury, where are your EYES?

Where are your eyes when you're dpsing as fury? glued on your action bars or half-assedly glancing at a cooldown addon? we have a lot of short cooldowns and just wanted to get an idea of how other warriors manage their dps rotation.
    Personally i use an enlarged action bar planed just under my character using BT; it shows colossus smash Bloodthirst raging blow and cleave, and a smaller one underneath it shows berserker rage, heroic leap, and pummel - just so I can easily see what's up at any given time
    Tauren > you

Personally i know the CD's of my abilitys and have them keybound so i never look at the actionbar anymore.
    I find that having to stare at my bar could leave my char in a dire situation that would let be die now that heroic's actually can kill people.
    And with all the CC going around at the moment you cant just spam your cleave and whirlwind anymore so it's not that many cooldowns anyway =)

10+ Year Old Account
    tbh, who is actually playing fury anymore when arms is so hawt atm XD

Quote Originally Posted by Leketøy View Post
    Personally i know the CD's of my abilitys and have them keybound so i never look at the actionbar anymore.
    I find that having to stare at my bar could leave my char in a dire situation that would let be die now that heroic's actually can kill people.
    And with all the CC going around at the moment you cant just spam your cleave and whirlwind anymore so it's not that many cooldowns anyway =)
    So you just subconsciously count the 6 second and 3 second intervals between bloodthirsts and raging blows? you must at least check when colossus ssmash is off CD
    Tauren > you

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find myself moving my eyes quickly between my character, my actionbars and my health/rage bar. That way I can manage abilities, Enraged Regeneration and incoming damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Well i really know when i have done 2 bloodthirst's that my Raging Blow will be off cd, and to be honest i have almost completly ignored the smash unless it's on a boss. =)

I call BS, or crap DPS. Not to mention latency issues, GCD's, and slow/fast counting in your head will mess up your actual timers, therefore throwing you off if you "never" look at your action bars anymore.

---------- Post added 2010-12-10 at 10:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vomlix View Post
    I find myself moving my eyes quickly between my character, my actionbars and my health/rage bar. That way I can manage abilities, Enraged Regeneration and incoming damage.
    Get a rage bar addon and plop it right in front of your face!

I use a Custom Ui so my action bars and unit frames sit roughly a inch below my characters feet.

I've also invested quite a large sum of money on the Logitech gaming keyboard/mouse because they allow custom macro options that are not supported by the game.

Well i really know when i have done 2 bloodthirst's that my Raging Blow will be off cd, and to be honest i have almost completly ignored the smash unless it's on a boss. =)
    alright you kind of lost your credibility there
    thanks though? XD
    Tauren > you

Quote Originally Posted by Mosack View Post
    I call BS, or crap DPS. Not to mention latency issues, GCD's, and slow/fast counting in your head will mess up your actual timers, therefore throwing you off if you "never" look at your action bars anymore.
    You may call whatever you want for all i care =) If you arent able to play without a constantly looking at your bar i feel sorry for you.

Deleted
    On my huge crit font.

Apart from that: Switching from looking at my character to gauge the situation and watching my cooldowns. I could probably move a non-clickable bar displaying cooldowns next, or under my character, which would require me not to move my eyes at all, but I hate bars close to my toon :<.

I play on a pretty big screen, so when fit hits the shan, I start to cry.

Quote Originally Posted by Nition View Post
    Nothing will beat wielding 2 humongous sticks. Those are my phallic symbols, they mean the world to me and my manlihood.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2010-12-10 at 03:37 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nition View Post
    i agree with this man... tried fury, and it wasnt the fact thats its basically like juggling, i dont find the dmg to be as good as arms. even so i never look at my bars anymore i sorta just get a feeling of when i should press buttons, ive been playing that long :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Earenbane View Post
    i agree with this man... tried fury, and it wasnt the fact thats its basically like juggling, i dont find the dmg to be as good as arms. even so i never look at my bars anymore i sorta just get a feeling of when i should press buttons, ive been playing that long :P
    I enjoy both specs, but I find Fury to be dealing more damage. Sure, the threat is so insane I usually have to wait 7-10 seconds on a boss before opening up, but with proper cooldown usage, I still come out on top.
    13k on Argaloth without anything above 346, and many pieces below it : \
    Quote Originally Posted by Abolishment View Post
    Hakto: English is an evolving language. When I say "I am gay", some people choose to interpet that as "he defines himself as gay, gay, and nothing but the gay, so help him Robot Unicorn Attack".

My time playing as fury is spent -

20% - Looking at the character, environment, placement, area's I need to watch for CC Breaking with cleave.
    50% - Looking at my Action Bars
    10% - Looking at my Rage Amount (50 or more rage = instant HS so I'm not capped in two GCD's)
    10% - Looking at recount drooling at my Insane DPS
    10% - Everything else

Also the person above me mentioned having to wait to open up on a Boss, this is untrue. Using a simple rage macro that uses Battleshout and I'm forgetting the other skill currently you can maintain your level of rage (actually gain more rage) while walking towards a boss. It's a fine art, when you know a boss is coming start capping your rage near the end of the last trash pull - this will give you a near full (or how ever much you have stock piled) rage bar and will allow you to open with a Colossal Smash --> Recklessness + Death Wish + Trinket + Racial + Potion of Speed --> Bloodthirst --> Raging Blow --> Heroic Strike (This results in basically two HS Criticals back to back applying Deep Wounds) and then play like you normally would I always top boss DPS with this, my DPS explodes again during the Execute phase.
    Last edited by ThewF; 2010-12-12 at 11:18 AM.

Blizzard befuddles me. They said they wanted us to look at our actiobars/UI less and the environment or "encounter" more... yet that is exactly the opposite of what is happening in Cata.. for any class I am playing. This isn't for clicking abilities either (yay keybinds!), it's for monitoring changes (health, resources, procs, etc depending on role).
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

10+ Year Old Account
    Um.. Skada? I don't know, fury warrior is so faceroll IMHO.
    Bind butons from 1 to 5: Colosus smash, BT, RB, HS, Slam.
    and roll on them as they are ready, don't see a point in staring at icon bars.
    If you have a problem with it, use Pulse Cooldown addon. And power auras for CDs
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by -Rain View Post
    So you just subconsciously count the 6 second and 3 second intervals between bloodthirsts and raging blows? you must at least check when colossus ssmash is off CD
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...downPulse.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosack View Post

---------- Post added 2010-12-10 at 10:31 AM ----------

Get a rage bar addon and plop it right in front of your face!

Nooo.....he's jus a good fury warrior and can look at those HUGE flashing things that blizzard added in to tell you when to push your buttons.
    People who stare at action bars to see when something is off cd are the people who attack a CC'd mob by accident or stand in fire......

Personally i play SMF (extremly fun, starting with inner rage soon). I got my ragebar just above my actionbars and a cooldown addon right next to it, so i can occasionally glance at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Um.. Skada? I don't know, fury warrior is so faceroll IMHO.
    Bind butons from 1 to 5: Colosus smash, BT, RB, HS, Slam.
    and roll on them as they are ready, don't see a point in staring at icon bars.
    If you have a problem with it, use Pulse Cooldown addon. And power auras for CDs
    You're a fucking idiot, troll.

Nope...not even in the least bit constructive...warning for flaming with "fucking idiot", and a warning for derailing a thread into a "troll" name calling. If you believe someone is trolling....there's a report button for a reason. - Battousai
    Last edited by Battousai; 2010-12-12 at 10:40 PM.