Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cactrot View Post
    Sorry, but I disagree. I have done both healing and tanking, and have had no issues with power pulling with anyone even remotely appropriately geared. Every time I have seen a healer going oom it has been because they are using the wrong heals. If you're spamming greater healing wave, healing surge, flash of light, etc YOU are making yourself go oom. Use the CHEAP heals you're supposed to be using, and the expensive ones only when you need them, and you will be fine.

Is it possible to pull too fast? Yep. Do I think that's the case 90% of the time? Nope. People need to look at their new heals and play intelligently, and the problem will solve itself.
    The only problem I've had with mana issues is Stonecore. And despite having said so at the very start of the dungeon have experienced tanks rushing forward.

Mana becomes a huge problem in such a dungeon since your average dps'er soaks up all damage from the whirlwinds, and on top of that gets that dust crap thrown around once in a while. Often the tank doesn't really care and have pulled the next group before I can even get a chance to write MB :P

Deleted
    A good tank is a tank that watches his healers mana, so the people your playing with are just bad tanks. Just educate them.

only been in 4 groups but the ones i had were pretty good. most of the idiots have yet to come in but they will probably get around to it soon. i am not liking the new system though. i am limited to those that i discover (ok fine) but the requirements eliminate some of those - so i have 3-4 to select from? joy...

CC 1-2 mobs and hey presto the healers mana suddenly becomes a hell of a lot easier to manage and you aint oom after every pull

Should get every group CCing at least 1 mob on 4 pack mobs unless you considering waiting 30 seconds after every group a worthwhile investment in time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Junlee View Post
    You can't even post in the proper forum. If Blizzard employees functioned as you do, your character would queue up for a BG and end up in Molten Core.

I use duel spec for DPS and healing. Some tanks gotta slow down. Last night I was kicked from group because everyone was not at full health 100% of the time and the tank was my priority.

DPS gotta get outa fire. tanks gotta wait for healers.

Quote Originally Posted by buddytonto View Post
    It just depends, if the tank doesn't stand in aoe and mobs are cc'd, chain pulling can be done, because we don't have to spam our inefficient heals to keep people alive. I was healing a random halls of origin, and after a couple trash pulls, I asked why we weren't cc'ing anything (group was mage, hunter, rogue). The tank and the group's reply was, we didn't have to at 80. The tank also decided to stand in all the aoe he could, as well as the rogue, so I let the rogue die pretty much every time he was standing in avoidable damage, the same thing I did at 80. I'm not going to curse tanks for chain pulling, but use cc. It doesn't add any length to the instance and it makes it completely easier.
    No cursing here, In fact I have lot of respect for someone who is willing to take on the tank role in a user community as venomous as WoW. I am just ocd and don't like to see people die so I guess i just need to get over that.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buddytonto View Post
    It just depends, if the tank doesn't stand in aoe and mobs are cc'd, chain pulling can be done, because we don't have to spam our inefficient heals to keep people alive. I was healing a random halls of origin, and after a couple trash pulls, I asked why we weren't cc'ing anything (group was mage, hunter, rogue). The tank and the group's reply was, we didn't have to at 80. The tank also decided to stand in all the aoe he could, as well as the rogue, so I let the rogue die pretty much every time he was standing in avoidable damage, the same thing I did at 80. I'm not going to curse tanks for chain pulling, but use cc. It doesn't add any length to the instance and it makes it completely easier.
    Yeah, everyone standing in AoE and not CCing makes quite the hassle for us.

I was running stonecore (i believe. Still not up with the new dungeons yet) with the flayers... when they do their little flayer furry, the rogue decided to stand right in FRONT of it, and died...

And in my few runs, I've only run into one person that CCed, and that was a shammy. Sadly, for a while everyone is going to think we're still in LK, and it doesn't need CC.... but that'll help weed out the pros and the newbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Oweena View Post
    CC 1-2 mobs and hey presto the healers mana suddenly becomes a hell of a lot easier to manage and you aint oom after every pull

Should get every group CCing at least 1 mob on 4 pack mobs unless you considering waiting 30 seconds after every group a worthwhile investment in time.
    This, cc'ing a few targets hardly take longer than having to wait for healer to get mana back every so often.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorune View Post
    A good tank is a tank that watches his healers mana, so the people your playing with are just bad tanks. Just educate them.
    90% of the time, tanks are offended by someone telling them what to do, other than if it's their first time in the instance and they do not know the mechanics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yesterday I was in Grim Batol, and a DK was blaming me for letting him die on the boss that summons a dragon (forgot the name).

He was standing in that aoe stuff on the ground and took just about every breath the dragon did.

I was already having issues keeping the tank up without running out of mana.

We ended up needing three tries to kill it. First two I was desperately trying to keep everyone alive, and ran out of mana every time even before the boss was on 25%. The third time I just let the DK die and we killed the boss, and I had over a quarter of mana left.

The funny thing is, he was the best DPS in the group, putting out over 9.5-10k dps. He just had no awareness what so ever. Typical Wrath grown player.

So, the lesson here is, if as a healer you're struggling with mana, just focus on the tank and yourself, and don't heal the idiot dps that can't/won't avoid easily avoidable damage.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyrPayens View Post
    Yeah, everyone standing in AoE and not CCing makes quite the hassle for us.

I was running stonecore (i believe. Still not up with the new dungeons yet) with the flayers... when they do their little flayer furry, the rogue decided to stand right in FRONT of it, and died...

And in my few runs, I've only run into one person that CCed, and that was a shammy. Sadly, for a while everyone is going to think we're still in LK, and it doesn't need CC.... but that'll help weed out the pros and the newbs.
    It actually took me as a lock a few runs through BRC to realize "Oh I have banish!" and started CC'n the elementals. Immediately noticed the difference. I've played since BC, so I remember when Banish was necessary, and it's sad to me that we've forgotten how to play part of our class because they decided not to implement it in one of the expansions =/ (no QQ just sayin')

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have discovered that after the first few times running an instance, and informing the DPS of attacks to watch out for and crap to move out of ...if you let them die a few times, they start actually paying attention and stop dying to avoidable damage. Which in turn, means less mana loss from healing them; which means you can focus more on the tanks; use cheaper more efficient heals rather than fast heals; use less mana per pull; take less long to regain mana; be ready for pulls faster!

TDLR; DPS shouldnt stand in avoidable aoe.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by monsage View Post
    It actually took me as a lock a few runs through BRC to realize "Oh I have banish!" and started CC'n the elementals. Immediately noticed the difference. I've played since BC, so I remember when Banish was necessary, and it's sad to me that we've forgotten how to play part of our class because they decided not to implement it in one of the expansions =/ (no QQ just sayin')
    Yeah, this is also an 'issue'. Not a problem, just that a LOT of people have forgotten that their class has more than 5 abilities and don't use them that often.

Personally, I've gotten better healing on my pally because now I've been in different situations and know how to work things out. I was losing mana like crazy with new abilities and tanks being a bit more squishy, (and the dps that stands in fire). So, now I judge every time it's up to regain that mana, unlike never having to in LK.

It's all about realizing you're doing something wrong and growing from it. Sadly, too many people are too proud to understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by stryla View Post
    Being a healer in BC, i am cool with the whole "new" needing to use more than one or two spell things. But I have found, in the first few days of cata. That my gear isnt sufficient to keep up the required healing for chain pulls. Some pulls are so bad that I have to drink after every trash pack. (note i said pack, not mob). So, until your healers have a chance to gear up, be kind, check their mana bar before pulling.

Also. 15k mana for a rez? Any death causes me to loose about 20% of my mana, which puts me even less able to be ready to chain pull.
    Pretty much this. I was a healer in TBC, but I'm a tank right now{dps in wrath, tank/healing bored me to tears}. If your healer has under 40% mana...just don't pull. If you want the dungeon to go faster, Use cc. CC requires less healing, thus letting you chain pull more.

As for you healers, Fricken learn to use dispel/Cleanse/Whatever. Like..80% of the dots on me are magic, I can't take em off..and some of them tick for as much as 60,000!!

Quote Originally Posted by stryla View Post
    TDLR; DPS shouldnt stand in avoidable aoe.
    No wai ! Healers should just l2p and heal it out ! WotLK taught us this !

10+ Year Old Account
    First you all bitch tanks don't pull fast enough and healers pull themselves, and now you bitch they pull too fast. And then you wonder why tanks treat everyone like shit. Yeah, enough of these threads.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    First you all bitch tanks don't pull fast enough and healers pull themselves, and now you bitch they pull too fast. And then you wonder why tanks treat everyone like shit. Yeah, enough of these threads.
    Uh.. yeah. Tanks pulled to slow in Wrath... this is cata, and you pull too fast. They're completely different, and now, we don't have the gear to keep you and your squishyness (because you don't have the gear) up.

Completely invalid post. It's like comparing Vanilla to Wrath.

guild runs only

My healer is in vent with me. We went all through wotlk together, we will tank/heal all the way thru this expansion together too. Pugging only frustrates me.
    I am Dave ! Yognaught, and I have the balls!

10+ Year Old Account
    I play a holy paladin and I learned to manage my mana,as well as spell choice back when patch 4.0 went live.I have not had any mana issues,or problems keeping my tanks and party alive.Even if I get a bad player I still keep them alive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    Pretty much this. I was a healer in TBC, but I'm a tank right now{dps in wrath, tank/healing bored me to tears}. If your healer has under 40% mana...just don't pull. If you want the dungeon to go faster, Use cc. CC requires less healing, thus letting you chain pull more.

As for you healers, Fricken learn to use dispel/Cleanse/Whatever. Like..80% of the dots on me are magic, I can't take em off..and some of them tick for as much as 60,000!!
    Dispels - heck any button a healer breathes on! - are no longer cheap, especially if they have to keep spamming it. They have to learn, just like you, what is worth healing through and what is worth dispelling pronto. It's just experience with the new dungeons and mobs. In other words, don't expect to be dispelled always and immediately, even if you're a tank, depending on the situation and even healer spec.