10+ Year Old Account

Level 85 Resto shaman stats

Hello!

I was wondering if anybody could tell me what the order of importance for our stats is at level 85, and what I should be reforging.

Do we still go for Haste mostly? Mastery? Spirit?

And how about Reforging? What stat do we reforge into what other stat?

I'm not really having much issues with keeping people alive as long as they don't do stupid stuff, but maybe I can do better with more optimized gear.

I've decided to keep spirit and crit as the primary stats, at least until certain epic upgrades.

For me - Spirit > Crit > Haste > Mastery.

I've reforged all mastery/haste to crit, and am gemming either int (red), int + mastery (yellow) or straight spirit (blue sockets).

Has worked well in raids thus far.
    Last edited by Kruv; 2010-12-10 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruv View Post
    I've decided to keep spirit and crit as the primary stats, at least until certain epic upgrades.

For me - Spirit > Crit > Mastery > Haste.

I've reforged all mastery/haste to crit, and am gemming either int + mastery (red/yellow sockets) or straight spirit (blue sockets).

I had the same thoughts, tbh.
    Crit seems to be a nice throughput-stat, now that we won't be overscaling it.
    HoTs can crit, crits provide extra smart-heals, proccs a -10% damage taken-buff and, best of all, doubles as a regen-stat!

Int > Haste> Spirit> Crit > Mastery

Crit is to RNG, but I might consider swapping Haste and Spirit in priority atm.
    Last edited by Vashta; 2010-12-10 at 04:48 PM.

The main reason I've decided to prioritize crit is due to the mana return from it. When in a raid, the mana is extremely tight at the moment. Most of us are at 20% mana before the boss is at 70% health. The more I'm able to crit, the less trouble I'll have with mana further down the road. And having a ton of spirit will make Mana Tide even more useful than it is right now. The best thing about having a lot of spirit - when you're running for 5+ seconds to avoid stuff in a raid fight, you can return anywhere from 10%-25% of your mana just by that.

Generally you should have spirit on every item except trinkets, don't use items with only mastery on it or reforge it into haste, haste should be your 2nd important stat. Mastery is crap as far as my experience goes, so try to lower it as much as you can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbodymoman View Post
    Generally you should have spirit on every item except trinkets, don't use items with only mastery on it or reforge it into haste, haste should be your 2nd important stat. Mastery is crap as far as my experience goes, so try to lower it as much as you can.
    Have you tried to raid yet? You would see that mastery is extremely useful on almost every encounter thus far. Prioritizing it probably wouldn't be the best idea, but it's definitely not something to throw under. Haste is still good, but until we have enough crit, there's no point in prioritizing haste. You will end up throwing out so many heals that you will go OOM very fast, and that's the case for any healer right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I should note I'm not even doing heroics yet at this point. 3 more ilevel

Currently I am valuing my stats like this:
    int > spirit > haste > crit > mastery

When you step into a raiding environment you will know how damn hard it is to keep your mana up = you will need quite a big amount of spirit. I'm sitting at 2000 spirit unbuffed, but I could use some more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruv View Post

For me - Spirit > Crit > Haste > Mastery.

I've reforged all mastery/haste to crit, and am gemming either int (red), int + mastery (yellow) or straight spirit (blue sockets).

This is exactly what I have been doing and it has worked out great so far in heroics.
    Spirit/int > crit > haste/mastery
    I am avoiding haste due to mana, crit and spirit seems so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearroc View Post
    This is exactly what I have been doing and it has worked out great so far in heroics.
    Spirit/int > crit > haste/mastery
    I am avoiding haste due to mana, crit and spirit seems so much better.
    Last night I was struggling with trash pulls, today i did much better after reforging all eligible haste/mastery to spirit and was able to down multiple heroic bosses and complete throne of tides

red sockets im going straight int, yellow i'm doing int/mastery, don't have any blue sockets yet but would probably go straight spirit

other idea for yellow could be a green gem with spirit/mastery

I personaly have found that around 3k+ Mana regen is about right. I have then stacked haste to 1.6 second cast times on GHW with Tidal Wave procs. My mastery is on 11.54%, and my crit 13.49%.

I am going to try and go for more crit though as it really does seem a good stat at the moment, especialy if you crit after using a Unleash elements to a GHW.

Probs best at this level of gear to just get a bit of everything that is useful since you wont be able to stack an individual stat to a high number.

Definitely Spirit>Haste>Intellect>Crit>Mastery for me.