Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Fix priest healers!!!

OKay this has pissed me off greatly and yes im going to qq about it cause im not a noob and i know how to play the game and how the mechanic is supposed to work.

Some bosses in HC-s are freaking unkillable,tried DISCIPLINE priest,basically keep shields up you get mana worked in WOTLK right? Doesnt anymore out of 4k mana on a freaking bubble,i get back only 1,8k....FLASH HEAL COSTS 6k !! HOnestly? Had to change my spec to Holy which i thought was gonna work,works somehow but not that much. Karsh Steelbender third boss in Blackrock Caverns impossible to kill cause i cant outheal the damage,heals costs way too much,heal 10 times less and so much freaking damage. PRIESTS CANT HEAL!

Yes i am in item lvl 333,i like my dungeons challenging but its freaking awfull when i know how to play,and i cant outheal the damage cause some turd from blizz said :"I have an idea how to make priests impossible to heal in dungeons!"

I was with an druid in the dungeon today also item lvl 333 avg and he had no problems what so ever. He ended up without mana at lets say 1% i run out of it on lets say 50% of an bosses HP. LIke come on !

And yeh if you wanna consider this post an QQ one sodd off,im interesting if any other priest healer has a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, I agree 100%, I'm currently in full 346/359 rep rewards and healing is just horrble, so horrible that I've ditched my healing spec and gone to shadow till I see a buff come our way.

Deleted
    Not had a problem with running out of mana when people are playing properly. If your DPS are standing in the fire, interrupts are missed, debuffs not removed etc. then things get very hard very fast. There's a lot more mechanics to fights that rely on doing specific things, not just faceroll healing through everything.

EDIT: Also, I almost never use flash heal, nor group bubble. Rapture doesn't multi-proc any more so no point bubble spamming. POH is a better way to keep the group up if everyone is taking damage. Greater heal is better than flash for big top-ups too.

I've been healing heroics since the moment i had enough gear to sign up for them.

This is what happens when people get spoiled by infiniite mana an entire expansion.... healing actually requires some skills again (at least when it comes to management, it did on the other parts as well before).

i find it mildly interesting that people always blame the game broken when shit hits the fan

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your spamming shields on the whole group and your using FLASH HEAL. i wonder why you are going oom.
    Try to use greater heal which heals more then flash heal but they have about the same mana cost, and heal is also a very good spell atm

10+ Year Old Account
    Heal isn't just a "very good spell atm." It's our new bread and butter spell. Every time you would have cast flash heal in wrath you'll be casting heal now.

They've said you should be using much more of your healing toolbox and they've certainly made the game make you do it. If they're about to die use flash heal. If they have a huge health deficiency but aren't in danger of dying use greater heal. Otherwise use heal.

If that's what you're doing then you'll lessen a lot of your mana issues. After you get that down you need to learn that it's okay for not everyone to be at full health at all times. Bosses now aren't set up to roflstomp you inside of a gcd. Once you've mastered that you've done all that you, personally can do, and you need to start working on your favorite dps and tank to stop standing in the fire and to use interrupts and cc.

15+ Year Old Account
    "I'm having issues so it must be the game because I'm awesome and everyone who says they have no issues are lying"

I think this sums up just about every complaint I've seen from people QQing about difficulty.

I had few problems healing as Disc 80-82 but then as my stats deflated I started having problems. At 85 now and I wouldn't even consider going Disc until I have a few epics. Holy is very complex and I wouldn't like to play Holy in 5 mans.

Too many tools for my liking and theres never a clear choice of what spell to use. I could Renew x5, CoH, Prayer of Healing. Or maybe I'll use Chakra and do the full monty and use Sanctity. OR infact I miss judged the incoming damage, wasted a bucket of mana, Chakra CD and done tons of overhealing. With EVERY other healing spec of the 4 healing classes there is always a valid choice of which spell to use. With Priest it's all hit and miss and I had may as well mash my keyboard. xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Right, so when I see a thread like this I must first ask, how many Priests are having the opposite experience? Clearly some are making it through fine. Which then initially makes us question if the problem is Priests the class, or Priests the players.

Anyway OP, crying and whining, man it has it's place but, to really be helpful if you really want to see change, then be more helpful and explain in detail your playstyle and why it's failing. You can even then tell us why you think the class needs changes, and why your playstyle is acceptable but the class mechanics are not.

Maybe a simple poll is in order: Priest Healing in heroics -fine or not fine?

Of course another imperative question is "How does Priest healing compare in throughput and efficiency to the other healers?"

If it is found to be not fine, that's one thing. It must also be compared to the other healers. Are they also having hard times? Or are they cruising while Priests struggle?

These observations should be pretty easy to make. They just need to be reported in one place, and have their examples articulated.

Oh man... I feel like I'm spending too much effort here in teh forums but honestly, I perceive nothing better to do atm! lol D:

Priest Healers are perfect, I've been doing Heroics and I pref having a Holy Priest healing me then any other class.

This is what i do when i heal heroics

Heal Chakra Seriously this is the chakra you HAVE to be in. Heal is your friend and you must use it. Having rolling renews on melee while mending bouncing on them - saves TONS of mana! Serenity is an amazing cheap spell, dont forget about it. Screw poh chakra it is NOT good now, when you can substain your mana pool in longer fights, such as raid bosses switch to it.

I've seen some priests going all hot on using inner will, really its shit, especially now in the beginning. Inner fire is a must, our heal spell is fair weak and whatever buffs it must be used. When healing heroics i think that 50% of my healing done is done by heal, overall ofcourse, not in a boss fight.

I havent used circle of healing at all when healing heroics, prayer of healing is the way to go, learn how to use it, learn to love it.

These last days we've been through and im sure more are to come WILL be the golden days of lightwell. It is seriously good now and make sure you use it, i've even created a macro that i press when i put down a lightwell. Too many people are unaware of how the spell actually works. 40 yards range and you dont switch target anymore, golden!

We must all relearn how to heal again. I know you want to press that flash heal button but try to avoid it at ANY cost...

GREATER heal is the way to go. It costs the same amount of mana and has a longer cast time but it heals for waay more, learn to use it. I think its crime what wrath did to greater heal, it has always had an amazing animation but sadly the spell was dead in wrath. But its back now, learn to use it again, learn to love it. If you think it has a too long cast time and people die when you cast it..well.....then you planned the healing badly.

We must now choose the right spell for the right job, no more prehotting with renew and stuff.

Good luck!

Disc priests are -fine-. I've been successfully healing heroics as one since wednesday morning, the problem here isn't that we're broken, it's that you're -still- trying to heal like you were in wrath. you have to l2p again because -everything- is different.

1. Spam bubbles = fail. Dont do it. At best it's a cost effective buffer for the tank or someone low on health.

2. Glyph prayer of healing and learn to -love- inner focus.

3. Smite is your new best friend for tank healing if you have good CC (just under 3k mana for 9~12k heals + I get to do some damage? thx u!)

4. Heal and penance are your new bread and butter heals. Flash and Greater are situational -only-

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    A few things.

1. Maybe you're not geared for heroics. Sure you meet the ilvl requirement but that's honestly more for the DPS. Tanks and heals need to go in there with better gear. Farm some rep gear, chant your stuff, farm some regulars. It's not OMG I HIT 85 ZERG HEROICS AND ZERG THE RAIDS RIGHT NOW.

2. Flash heal is supposed to cost a ton of mana. It's an emergency heal, not a spem heal. You should spam plain old crappy heal. Keep bubble up on the tank, maybe throw in mending, use plain old regular heal on the tank constantly, don't worry about the dps until they dip below 50%. If the dps stands in fire, nova, etc let them die (1 less person to heal and it's impossible to heal through stupid). Tell people to use CC and watch aggro. I'm running with a guild tank and anytime a DPS pulls aggro he doesn't taunt and I don't heal. If DPS doesn't want to learn how to play right they won't play at all. Nothing I've seen has an enrage timer, letem all die.

With these methods above I've managed to hardly oom and keep everyone up fine. The only time I come close to running out of mana is litterally as the boss dies. On trash I'll drop quick if DPS doesn't CC or breaks CC, but when everyone does what they're supposed to I only ever stop to drink before a boss pull and after, I'll walk away from trash pulls with about 80% mana left.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont know. How many people have stuck with Disc? I have a priest heavy guild, there are 5 of us in a guild of 20 people. Ive seen 3 of them switch from healing to shadow when they hit 85 because its too frustrating and not fun. The only one that hasn't switched is holy and she's not pugging dungeons, only running with guild group. Myself, I've been shadow for 4 years. I was holy in beta, and disc at 4.0.1, so i'm familar with the complexity of holy compared to disc.

I think people are really nervous about that curve you hit at about 83+. They see our mana go down very quickly. There are a lot of voices saying the same thing. Too many to just be ignored, or said "stop qqing, or learn to play priest"

I do agree with the posts here about flash heal. I remember reading a poster yesterday that said, "for now i'm removing it from my bar, it just costs too much mana."

It's hard to resist saying 'learn to play' and leaving it at that... Spamming Shields? You need to adjust to the new system. Relying on Flash Heal? You need to adjust to the new system.

My Priest is now an Alt, but I'm at 344 avg ilevel right now and have yet to have any serious problems healing heroics as either Discipline, or Holy. Holy is substantially easier on most fights, but Discipline is fine. I usually do need a drink before and after bosses, but that's normal.

Compare the amount of healers in Wrath to the amount of healers in Vanilla and TBC and you're looking at probably three times more healers proportional to the WoW population. Two thirds of those have little to no experience with healing difficult encounters by any other means except to spam high cost heals with no penalty. Healing now is easier than it was in TBC heroics, which were much harder overall. If you want an idea of what it was like back then you had tanks with 15k health being hit for 13k. Imagine trash mobs in heroics now that hit for 130k and you'd have an idea of what that felt like.

Quote Originally Posted by -Cynical- View Post
    Priest Healers are perfect, I've been doing Heroics and I pref having a Holy Priest healing me then any other class.
    I couldn't agree more. Priest are the best Sham are WORST!!! i hope sham scale with gear very well.
    money's such a good medium of exchange until you lose focus on the fact that it's a medium of exchange in favor of thinking of it as an end in itself?

Deleted
    Paladins are the best healer in Cata. I cannot compete in any heroics if anyone makes a simple mistake.

I even oom on trash. I got 332 ilvl.

I use healing chakra and only use heal and greater heal with the rolling renew. And i can still oom by thrash.

Everyone tells me to stop playing healer priest and go shadow until its fixed.

priests are fine, it's not the class that needs a fix.

"fixing" priests now will make it a rollface class later, so no thx.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol....well I am in 333/346 gear and am having no problems, so long as people dont stand in avoidable stuff

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15