Thread: Ganking

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ganking

So i am on my second toon to level to 85. I have noticed there has been very limited ganking from either side from both toons i have leveled. This is on US Wildhammer, has anyone else seen this as well on your server?

Yeah very seldom will someone gank me or will I gank the allys. Everyone is just trying to get to 85 without the hassle pvp slowing them down.

Once I reach 85 on all my toons though - It will be a very different story.....

Bonechewer US has plenty of ganking going on.

Maybe it's because my guild loves world pvp and its all we do.

There are always a few bad apples, but on my server it was pretty much a truce.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

10+ Year Old Account
    I took my fair share of kills while leveling. Killed a mob, killed an ally..

yup my server as well seems to have somewhat of a truce going currently while leveling except for the one time a mistook and ally for a quest mob heh heh

There were 2 that stand out for me while I was getting to 85: a mage and a warrior. Other than that everyone pretty much stayed to themselves.

I will say tho that while levling my DK alt, there was a rogue that kept sapping me repeatedly. It was a nuisannce but he didnt do it while i was in combat and it never went farther than that so i just left it alone.

Of course its not "ganking" if you ninja another faction's mining node and they retaliate. I did this to a warrior in Hyjal while he was fighting a mob. First he tried to mine it while the add was still attacking and then he tried to gank me omw out for stealing it. I dropped him to 10% and he tried to run for it but DEATH GRIP IS UR FIREND!

On my PvP server, you're more likely to give or receive help downing mobs from the opposite faction than PvPing them.

My only complaint is that its easy to accidently attack them with AoE which causes pets or nearby guards to get involved - or accidentally click someone standing close to a quest giver. I had my caster tap some guy with a staff and then get pounded to the ground by a mob of guards.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unwritten truce on all PvP server, for the most part. Everyone is too busy leveling/gearing to worry about random PvP slowing them down. There's a few people out there ganking just for the sake of griefing people...but they are few and far between.

Nobody wants a repeat of the hell that was Hellfire Peninsula the week that BC went live.

I only had one incident, and that was in Deephlome, hot killed my this dwarf hunter while questing. i got my body back, flew up to the top of one of the stone pillars, got to full health, found him, then showed him who was the better hunter by making ground beef out of his face, Burgers anyone??

Deleted
    There seems to be an unspoken agreement on my server that "if you leave me alone, I'll leave you alone".

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    On my server there's generally an uneasy truce as most people are more interested in hitting 85 than starting a war. I've killed people, and been killed myself, but generally everyone is too afraid to start anything because with SO many people around it could blow up and become all out war at the slightest provocation. (which, while fun, kills your exp/hr and most people just want to hit 85 asap)

My only complaint is that its easy to accidently attack them with AoE which causes pets or nearby guards to get involved - or accidentally click someone standing close to a quest giver.
    Yeah. That's happened to me a bunch of times, especially on my hunter where my pet will hit or get hit by AoE and go after the offender, often getting me killed by guards in the process.
    Last edited by Brightamethyst; 2010-12-10 at 05:34 PM.

Cool Lol

I spent all of my day on release killing Alli. Ive killed over 1000 alli on release. Enjoyed them creating Horde toons to cry and get mad at me. I love to kill Alli. Ill continue killing Alli, thats why I play on a pvp server. I dont care if your in a group or by yourself, Ill attack. I love to watch groups of Alli die in a giving time. I like to prevent alli gathering there berries. If I see you, ill kill you, bring your friends ill kill them. Do I feel bad? Nope, thats what you guys get for A) killing my lowbie doing my STV fishing contest. B) Being on a PVP server, if you dont want to be on a pvp server, then A) Kill your self, or B) log out delete your account, and create a new character on Hello Kitty Island adventures. I hope to kill your character some day, I hope to destroy your hopes in leveling fast. I hope I make you throw your headphones/mouse/keyboard/ monitor at the wall. I hope your friend hear your petty little crying on vent. Ill never stop hunting you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdef View Post
    I spent all of my day on release killing Alli. Ive killed over 1000 alli on release. Enjoyed them creating Horde toons to cry and get mad at me. I love to kill Alli. Ill continue killing Alli, thats why I play on a pvp server. I dont care if your in a group or by yourself, Ill attack. I love to watch groups of Alli die in a giving time. I like to prevent alli gathering there berries. If I see you, ill kill you, bring your friends ill kill them. Do I feel bad? Nope, thats what you guys get for A) killing my lowbie doing my STV fishing contest. B) Being on a PVP server, if you dont want to be on a pvp server, then A) Kill your self, or B) log out delete your account, and create a new character on Hello Kitty Island adventures. I hope to kill your character some day, I hope to destroy your hopes in leveling fast. I hope I make you throw your headphones/mouse/keyboard/ monitor at the wall. I hope your friend hear your petty little crying on vent. Ill never stop hunting you.
    You sir are full of fail, retarded piece of shit learn to spell before going to internet, you are probably fat lonley guy that will die alone. Have a nice day
    Rules of the internets:

1. There is no RL, only AFK.

2. Welcome to the internets, place where men are men, women are men, and childrend are undercovered FBI agents. Enjoy your stay.

I gank every single alliance player I see. PvP server - I PvP when I see you. DEATH TO THE WORGENS!

Quote Originally Posted by koljach View Post
    You sir are full of fail, retarded piece of shit learn to spell before going to internet, you are probably fat lonley guy that will die alone. Have a nice day
    You need to calm down m8. In a PVP Server people will PVP. If you don't like roll to a normal server.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oradraffe View Post
    MoP is not happening i can promise that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tric619 View Post
    Been playing since week 1 and still believe Mop is the next expac? >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Feyrzhuk View Post
    MoP will never be a WoW expansion. Feel free to flame and ridicule me should I be proven wrong.

On Executus-US, it was a gankfest in Hyjal the first day. I'm in a guild with about 20 ppl on, and we were all at different stages of questing, so we couldn't really team up. So, we all went to Vashjir and started leveling there. There seemed to be more of a truce going on in Vash than in Hyjal.
    However, last night we had 18 people on, and a father-son team in the guild started getting camped by a hunter and pally, horde. There were 5 of us grouped up, running dungeons, so after we finished the run we were in, we formed into a raid and went to their aid. We killed everything in that particular area. We only went after the specific people who the father ID'd as the ones camping them. Everyone else got killed once, and when they rez'd we'd let them go. Except for the undead rogue, I kept killing him out of principle. I hate rogues.

Edit: Oh, on a good note, in the big squid thing, i forget the name, but there's naga mining the pearls inside. the final guy you kill, the taskmaster, i go up to where he's at, there's 2 groups of folks waiting for him to spawn, one horde and one ally. He spawns, they all kill him, but not each other. He spawns again, the ally let the horde mark him before helping them kill him. then one of the horde stayed and helped me, an ally, kill him. Wierded me out....
    Last edited by akille; 2010-12-10 at 06:06 PM.
    But there's not a single buff in there that will make Puggy McGee do any less than UberGuildMaster Joe.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, this thread got aggressive quickly... I think if you chose to be on a PVP server than you chose to be "gankable". I get upset when I get camped or something but then I just call a bunch of my friends together to camp them for awhile... it all balances out. I do agree highly though that there has been an unspoken truce for now, every once in awhile there's "that guy" that wants to fight for some reason so I just wreck him and move on...

I'm on Drak'Tharon server, horde obviously! >

Holy/Ret pally, Ret for questing and holy for dungeons...
    Well I don't do much PvP right now cause I'm busy leveling but if the alliance attacks me they gonna learn that ret pally's aren't to be trifled with, Had a hunter mage jump me, silenced the mage (I'm a Blood Elf) then stunned the hunter, proceeded to rebuke the mage and pop a judgment, hammer, exorcism, exorcism, hammer (string of procs ftw) and then finished off the hunter before the mage could even start casting, turned my attention back to the mage and just dropped judgement then two exorcisms and he was running away...

Had one though where I came out of instance as holy paladin still and spawned in to get attacked by a warrior, mage, druid combo, well they seem to forget you can't easily kill a holy paladin...
    I just sat there healing myself until the mobs in the area distracted them long enough for me to walk away with over 50% mana and 100% health not having popped any of my CD's...

However the Rogue in my guild has had ALOT of fun in Vash and Hyjial hunting down alli players and ganking them, he's gotten around 500+ HK's since cata... and he's level 84 now

83, only had one Druid hit me with moonfire then swim away quickly...I think he was showing off how fast he was. (This was in Vashj'ir) Wasn't much of a threat.

I think people are mainly busy just trying to experience the new content and get to 85. I've seen some ganking happen, but normally it ends badly for both parties involved, as ganking with tons of people on each side around is like turning on a beacon saying, "Kill me, ima douche."