Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by MMcG View Post
    I've heard mastery is the worst stat for BM...is that not true? what I've been readin is:
    Hit > Agi > Crit > Haste > Mastery
    Yes that is true

Deleted
    I'm just reforging basically all my mastery into hit at the minute, then once I hit the cap, if I get gear with hit on it I'll just reforge into crit instead, whilst maintaining the hit cap then just gem everything with +40 agility...sounds about right to me

I'm just reforging basically all my mastery into hit at the minute, then once I hit the cap, if I get gear with hit on it I'll just reforge into crit instead, whilst maintaining the hit cap then just gem everything with +40 agility...sounds about right to me
    Because it is right huzzah

I prefer Glyph of Disengage over Trap Launcher. I'm always wanting that cooldown to be shorter in raids. Best way for a hunter to move when you have to move without losing dps.

I disagree with one big thing... and I see it a lot. With dispell costing so much and face it... NO ONE is going to heal your pet.. take 1/2 sprit bond and 1/2 imp mend pet, that way you can always dispell your pet when there is a fight that needs it.

Thank you for putting this together!

edit for removing sleep deprived drivel that didn't really make any sense once I reread it >.<
    Last edited by Voodoou; 2010-12-21 at 01:07 PM.

So im still kinda confused about the stats rating.

I thought it was: hit > agi > mastery > haste > crit

I reforge crit into mastery (if its not on it) and else into haste.

But im seeing ppl posting different stuff everyone, and the post at EJ sucks big time..
    So can anyone tell me, if im right?

Hmm, that means i can reforge all my gear

Sure haste is lowest prio? I hate slow cobra shots :/

if anyone has a link of a 'good' BM hunter i would be pleased, but guess most are raiding as SV.
    Last edited by wickedbastard; 2010-12-21 at 02:19 PM.

I've heard mastery is the worst stat for BM...is that not true? what I've been readin is:
    Hit > Agi > Crit > Haste > Mastery
    Agility is better than hit. I am not sure about haste, it is hard to numerically express it but mastery only affects around 45% of your damage (depending on how much mastery you have) so it definitely isnt better than crit.

As far as gemming goes, I am pretty sure that it has been already proved that there are only 2 reasons not to gear for pure agility:
    1) accomplish meta requirement
    AND
    2) meet AGILITY socket bonus when at most 1 gem is not red

Otherwise, if you use rare quality gems, always gem for Agility.

What you'll find interesting is the fact that you actually will be using cloak and gloves enchants from Wrath because Cata enchants for these slots are inferior.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorgen View Post
    Shot Rotation: Hunters Mark, Bestial Wrath, Serpent Sting, Arcane Shot, Kill Command(Pet needs time to reach target), Cobra, Cobra, Arcane, Arcane, Cobra, Cobra, Kill Command, Arcane etc..
    Wouldn't it be better off to apply Serpent Sting and just spam Arcane Shot instead of weaving Cobra Shots because of the reduced reduction in focus cost by 50%? Since Serpent Sting has a 15 second duration, it is extremely likely that a Cobra Shot or two would be applied prior to the debuff falling from the target. I've done it more like:
    Hunter's Mark -> Beastial Wrath (Other CD's /w BL/TW when applicable) -> Serpent Sting -> Kill Command -> Spam Arcane Shot until starved of focus -> Fervor -> Kill Command -> Cobra Shot to then resuming a normal priority rotation
    More damage gets out this way in a much faster time, and focus is not being wasted this way.
    And I'd suggest later in the rotation to use Beastial Wrath when over 60 focus and having just used Cobra Shot in order to avoid Serpent Sting from falling off your target.

This whole idea assumes you're glyphed for Arcane Shot, otherwise this would be worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedbastard View Post
    if anyone has a link of a 'good' BM hunter i would be pleased, but guess most are raiding as SV.
    Yes, every good hunter raids as SV. If you look at DPS rankings at World of Logs, you will see, that on most fights, best BM hunters are only doing around 50% of best SV. Or, in another words, 10K less.

This fact alone would really make me respec to SV for doing any competitive DPS. The only reason I can find out for speccing BM and not SV for raids right now is a lack of arcane mage AND a shammy, which means that while you would lose 50% of your damage, you would also bring Hero/BL and 3% raid damage buff. But then be sure you have a frost DK to bring 10% attack speed buff.
    Last edited by Deepfriedegg; 2010-12-21 at 03:25 PM.