Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I personally have several "mains" so to speak. I give each toon bout 1-2months play time then switch out. It works for me as I like to have variety in my raids and questing. It also keeps my skills in each toon up to par so as not to have to relearn anything.

Deleted
    Dont change your main, absolutly no point, youve played that char for along time, i have 4 chars at max level... well one 85 and 3, level 80s
    and what i have done is always played my mage as my main - all raiding normal and heroic is done on my mage because i feel i know the mechanics of the class and have a good feel, and knowledge of what to do in every situation based on the amount of time ive played the char, but i have what i call my "main alt" which is the alt i play the most, which is my prot warrior where i might do a pug raid or a guild alt run if my main is on downtime and i have some free time -

if i was you i would keep playing your current main and play the shaman when the other is boring

---------- Post added 2010-12-10 at 10:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MrDeadcruel View Post
    This
    Going from DK-to mage
    Never played a caster class in hardcore raiding
    its harder than you think

10+ Year Old Account
    Altoholic here. Started with a hunter at the behest of a friend, a classic beginners move. Leveled him to 65 in BC era but got bored and put the game down for a while. Rolled a Paladin a year into Wrath. Loved the pally and leveled him to 80. Started gearing up with heroics a little but I was still very new to the game and didn't communicate with many people other than real life friends who weren't very informative about itemization, gemming, enchanting and such. and I was not yet privy to the likes of wowhead, elitistjerks, etc. I got bored one day and made a lock. Had a lot of fun leveling him all the way to 80 and geared up to be ready for ICC but wasn't into the way locks play in a raid setting. Went back to Paladin. Rolled a druid. Got her to 72 and was almost considering her my main. Went back to Paladin. Finally got a real handle on the game and progressed as a tank in ICC. Coming full circle, the pally, my first 80, became my official main. Played around with a DK a little for fun on the side, but nothing serious. Eventually I got bored with the pally and rolled a mage. Loved it and hit 80 with him and progressed through engame Wrath content, and to this day the mage is my main. Though I did finish leveling that druid eventually, I don't play her or any of my other 80's. newest alt project is a shaman I go on pretty rarely.

remember that my shaman is level 59, so id still have to level to 85. my warr is 81 and in full ICC gear, mounts, achieves

For four years I played a paladin. Through lolret days, through Wrath, and now, in Cataclysm.... I've stumbled and happily leveled my alt elemental shaman.

And it was worth it!

is it worth it to start leveling a 59 now? at my play rate, he will be 85 in 4-5 weeks. is it worth losing that time to gettig my warr to 85 and getting him geared? also, my shaman has no prof...warrs got max BS and mining

10+ Year Old Account
    Been a druid since the start of TBC , not switching.
    Got an alt of every class except mage at 80 that I can fool around with if I ever get bored ^^
    Thundercunts and stuff

My rogue was my main from vanilla, and my first toon to 80 only 2 days after WOTLK. After some naxx runs, I broke down and started leveling my lvl 12 druid that had been sitting in westfall since before BC....fore some reason, I took off with the druid. The druid has wayyyyy more achievments, mounts, gear, etc...but for some reason I will always have a special place in my heart for the little toon that got me REALLY into the game. Although, on the flipside...I honestly have no plans on doing anything with her past getting to level 85 (which I fear, leveling with rogues suck IMO)

I've never understood how you could not level anything else, aside from time restraints. How do you know which class you like best if you never touch another class? Then again I might have an incredibly short attention span, lolol. I was sure my huntard would be my main, if only cause it was the first I made. As it turns out, my shaman, who was my 4th 80, with three more after her, ended up my main. Now that I actually picked a main, I fear I'll end up liking one of my lowbies better, lmao.

Blizz keeps talking about account-wide achieves, so that might make it a bit less painful to switch if they ever apply it.

Currently 83 on my lock which has been my main since the start of BC... but once I hit 85, I'll be switching mains to my priest if I haven't started to enjoy my lock again.