I Can't seem to get rested XP

... in lots of places. Smaller inns like Brill and Grom'Gol come to mind. I stand at the guy with the hearthstone and I don't seem to be resting. (That is to say, the UI doesn't blink and put zzz's on it, and my xp bar doesn't change blue.) Last night I couldn't even seem to rest within Undercity. Is this just me? I don't use any UI addons.

If you want rested exp, go to capital cities. You gain rested much faster there.

Deleted
    I sometimes have the confusion - and to clarify, hearthstone does not = rested.

The best and quickest way to see if you are going to get rested is hit the exit button in the interface. If it gives you the 20 second timer, you will NOPT get rested. if it quits you immediately then you will.

Quote Originally Posted by MarriageAuch View Post
    I sometimes have the confusion - and to clarify, hearthstone does not = rested.

The best and quickest way to see if you are going to get rested is hit the exit button in the interface. If it gives you the 20 second timer, you will NOPT get rested. if it quits you immediately then you will.

This is false and true.

You will get rested xp if you log out anywhere, but at a much slower rate then if you log out in certain areas.

For the OPs problem, not all Innkeepers (guys who let you set your hearthstone) offers Rested xp area. All capital cities do and most, but not all inns do.