10+ Year Old Account

Staves Need Rework?

With the new offhand 100+ int enchant, and the fact that you can enchant one handers with things like Heartsong, does this not make staves much less desirable than using a one handed weapon and an offhand?

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Pretty much. I'm using a staff right now because I haven't gotten a decent one-hander, but as soon as I do, that staff is toast.

This is something that's irritated me a lot as well. From an aesthetics perspective, I prefer to use a staff to a MH+OH, and from a gearing perspective, I'd generally prefered the stat allocation of a staff to a MH+OH too. However, with the new enchants, a staff is only potentially viable if it's at least one whole teir ahead of any MH+OH options. Casters already generally prefered MH+OH anyway, but now even healers have no use for a staff. So, what's the point of SP Staffs now?

the choice pov.

if you're being gimped with not that many stats, you'll want to go with the aesthetics.
    and the point is to always look for alternatives