Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Danuru View Post
    As a wrath baby this was my experience, get to 80, discover gear score and that your fun spec is worthless, get gear score up than run around circles in dal waiting for heroic queue, enter dungeon and almost fall asleep getting free badges. Despise endgame and become an altoholic. There is some "wrath baby" mentality for you... no wonder why we're screwed up...
    I don't think many people are realizing what will happen in cataclysm. I mean as of right now yeah sure everyone is used to being extremely over-geared for heroics and roflstomping wotlk content. However, once the second tier of raiding becomes available then all of the valor point items go to justice points. If you've done any real heroic farming in cata yet you know how quickly you farm points, even with all the failing. My first heroic stonecore run took my group 4 hours. Fortunately was with a group of patient players and mostly everyone stayed in the group to finish and learn what was going on. Yes right now heroic dungeon content feels a lot like raiding, that will change, it's still first week of release of cataclysm. People will get used to all the new stuff then we'll cry at how easy and boring it is. Then we'll level all those alts in dalaran to 85 and get full t11 easy and quick and the cycle repeats.

"wrath baby" . People that use this only do it because it was used on them during TBC from all the people that were so cool and played all the way from classic release. E-peen is e-peen. I'm bigger than you blah blah blah.

Quote Originally Posted by sylverfox View Post
    if i had it my way, it would even be great if as tiers unfold, the dungeon difficulty would scale with it, so no one roflstomps their way when overgeared
    and then make those dungeons impossible to do when you have an alt that isn't very geared? Might need to think your idea through a little bit more.

Lovely thread... As long as the story is true, then I agree with just about everyone in here

---------- Post added 2010-12-11 at 07:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by emmiting View Post
    and then make those dungeons impossible to do when you have an alt that isn't very geared? Might need to think your idea through a little bit more.
    Scale with average itemlevel... That way people would also pick the best gear, and not things with the wrong stats

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by emmiting View Post
    maybe boss' spells could do a % dmg of your max health?

It's not just "Wrath" mentality, these people are just bad. I started playing wow right after toc was released, and if someone did that to the healer in my group I would lol then either wipe them for being dicks or just straight up leave.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just coach pugs on how to do the dungeon before we go, telling them exactly why we must CC mob A and use tactic B. No one seems to mind thusfar, although I've always had at least 1 guildie with me.

10+ Year Old Account
    that tank is a dumbass shithead! he obiously doesn't know how to play.
    Where other men blindly follow the truth, we remember, nothing is true.
    When other men are bound by mortality, and law, we remember, everything is permitted.
    We walk in the dark to serve the light... we are assassins

Quote Originally Posted by zakayron View Post
    OK fine i was in a random with 4 people form 1 guild then me but still... Kicked for CC?
    has this happened to anyone else or did i just have a rare encounter with a batch of baddies?
    Yeah, unfortunately, i have run into this a few times. Vortex was the first non-heroic i did that really required cc on the adepts. I'll hex one and interrupt the other as much as possible, but people don't understand that you never break cc. Breaking sheep in BC was like sinning. Seems like most times i'll run with 4 guild members and myself. Not many healers out there like to do heroics atm it seems.

Ive done all the dungeons in normal mode and in normal mode you do not need CC...maybe if you have a terribad healer but other then that these dungeons in normal mode are not much tougher then wrath heroics when everyone was in blue gear . . I have a feeling there is more to this story then you are telling ..

Quote Originally Posted by zakayron View Post
    So i was doing a random normal dungeon earlier and we are in vortex pinnacle and we come up on the cat groups with the healers.
    Tank pulls mobs back i CC one of the healers.
    Immediatly after CCing the healer (2 seconds maybe probly less) the tank charges over to the little frog i had created breaks the CC then nerdrages on me for CCing.
    After we wipe (Nobody was CCIng healers or attacking them at all and i was healing) i get kicked from the group a few seconds after having the tank tell me to stop making the targets small so he can attack them easier...

OK fine i was in a random with 4 people form 1 guild then me but still... Kicked for CC?
    has this happened to anyone else or did i just have a rare encounter with a batch of baddies?
    astonishing.. a prima donna tank, how unusual.

They need to do something about idiots being allowed to vote kick. I drew a random group that was AT the last boss for stonecore, and got vote kicked before I had the opportunity to look at anyones name. Wasted an hour sitting in queue for that... but thats what I get for wanting to dps for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmen View Post
    maybe boss' spells could do a % dmg of your max health?
    That would be fine except that would negate any need to have gear because you could go in with none on and be hit for barely anything. Most likely there would need to be a combination of % attacks and regular damage attacks.

Would personally laugh if they put 2 mobs in a lot of packs that if they both get off their casts they each do 50% damage of max health. Kind of like how Spell Flingers did a % based spell in Old Kingdom.

10+ Year Old Account
    This happened to me too. But not on such a bigger scale.

First it was a Wrath Dungeon.

Second, it was Nexus and everyone there was 69 and 70 in mostly BC content.

Warrior Tank, Healer Priest, Frost Mage, BM Hunter (Me) and Boomkin (Guildie). We struggle to reach the halfway point in Nexus and I get kicked w/o warning. So I ask my guildie to inquire as to why I got kicked.

Reasons: DPS was too low, Hunter was pulling mobs off the healer, when that is the tank's job, kept freezing the ranged mobs which makes it harder for the tank to pick them up. They said Hunter should have focused on his job (big numbers) and let the tank and healer work on theirs.

Reality: My DPS was 5% lower then the Frost Mage and Boomkin who were AoE'ing everything including the kitchen sink. Also note that BM AoE is "lol?" and that if I didn't keep defending the Healer, they would have died. I only "pulled" mobs after the healer after the Warrior lost aggro (on every 3rd pull out of 4.) I wasn't pulling groups or nothing like that. Freezing trap doesn't make it harder to pick up mobs, only easier because they're frozen and can't attack the healer.

When the initiated the kick, my Guildie said that there wasn't even a reason (and the tank put it up there) so everyone just agreed minus my guildie.

So I believe the OP's story. I mean, sure, in the right gear, you can zerg everything, but when you're undergeared, why not use CC and stuff? Maybe I should have just let the group fail, because they never finished that dungeon. But I figured if I started using the CC here, maybe people won't be so bugged out if people saw it used when applicable before.

It's times that these that I thank my Horde friends, who made me learn CC, kill orders and all of that stuff back when I first started... in Wrath. (Yes, I am a Wrath baby.) They said that one day, you'll need these moves. They were right. They were mildly useful in HoR and now they will be in Cata dungeons.

"With King's Light and Lion's Roar, By kingdom's pact, our spirits soar, Against the Darkness, we stand in defiance, Even in death, Glory to the Alliance!" - Ken Silver, Human Hunter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash773 View Post
    This is what wotlk has done to peoples minds, it has poisoned them, they expect that every pull is just to be roflstomped.
    this...they'll learn we just need to give ppl time before pugging. Best thing to do is gogo guild runs

Quote Originally Posted by Zhalseran View Post
    Say what you want about the wrath mindset, it takes a special kind of fucktard to kick someone for CCing.
    ^LOL

i started in wrath too. and yea dungeons in wrath were a joke. but i find myself to be different from these baddies. i actually know what to do anyway, kicking someone for CC''ing shouldnt even play cata.

Quote Originally Posted by getz999 View Post
    Anyone remember 7 mob pulls with H MGT? Lol, people were like "woah, we need to learn shit"

Good times... good times.

*sigh* There's a reason why I don't use the LFG feature right now and this is why. Let's just hope the Wrath noobs learn sooner than later.

Deleted
    To be fair there were bad players around in Burning Crusade too. Those were the ones complaining that you needed 3 cc'ers to do heroics, and that heroic Magister's Terrace was impossible unless you had 2 mages and another cc class.

"Wrath baby" is funny. I started to play December 17th 2008, only bought TBC and WotLK after my rogue got to level 60 and I had done pretty much every quests from classic wow I could do. So yeah, I am a Wrath baby. I am also 'the Light of Dawn' and ranked 2200+ in all arena brackets. Wrath of the Lich King has been out for 2 years now. If in 2 years you didn't learn what is CC, then the problem is you, not the expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekosom View Post
    I can't count the number of Wrath babies I've had to explain to that hitting 85 and immediately going to Heroics is not how the game is designed, and the fact that they are wiping should not be surprising to them. They are going to have to do normal dungeons, rep grind, and slowly work their way toward the Heroic content, and even then, the harder heroics will take time to learn. It is very difficult for them to understand why they cannot simply roll through the content. I think many were honestly expecting to be raiding by the end of the week. I'd love to hear what percentage of LFG random pugs have actually completed the heroic dungeon they were sent to. It has to be a minuscule number. Cataclysm is not pug-proof, but it certainly is pug resistant.
    there's gear boundaries now, so if they're in a heroic then yes they are just about geared for it but they're just retarded/shit