H Stonecore... Q.Q

SO after about 10 wipes on the first boss, we downed him. Took 6 attempts for second boss. But now....the 3rd is a %$^%$ing pain. At attempt 14 now. Any tips? I dunno what to do!!!! T.T

Edit: of course after posting this, we just downed him with ease. Delete this thread!
    Last edited by Renley; 2010-12-11 at 07:26 AM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdN2c4PHWB8

there is a shitload of movement for the tank
    Last edited by Scuravolpe; 2010-12-11 at 07:29 AM.

Deleted
    I dont see any boss in there very hard, but ill give you some tips for the 3rd.

The 3rd boss does:
    Ground Slam = Run out from melee.... VERY FAST!
    Spellreflect; Dispellable/purged
    Parazlyze; breaks on damage. Also dispelable. Deals damage if full duration.

Look what he is doing all the time. And be prepared.
    I am a priest, what I do is to cast sw: p on myself during spellreflect before dispelling it. That way the tick will break the parazlyze, and I can dispel other people that cant do the same. Been running as shadow with a shaman healer, when my parazlyze breaks I dispel him.
    Melee just need to run out of Ground Slam fast, if they cant.... yeah, they will die.
    Last edited by mmocc362e14455; 2010-12-11 at 07:31 AM.

Deleted
    Tank - turn him away and strafe when he about to hit spikes so he won't hit your group AND you.
    Tank and Melee - stack dot on yourself so it'll remove paralyze just before stomp and run out of range so it wont hit you.
    Casters and Healers - Stay on max range and do what you always do.

The third boss is easy.

The first however.... /sadface

Deleted
    i did 1st boss 1st time 2nd boss took 6 tries then 3rd took a while but tank learned after a while^^ this guide is really helpful

A very good tip that helped us in Stonecore on the third boss was, have the casters/healers throw a spell dot at him when he casts the spellreflect shield. That way when he casts Paralyze the dot will break it and you wont take the 50k damage it deals if it is allowed to finish.
    Synit 110 - Orc Elemental Shaman [Active]

I've busted my arse in this place, only to have the tanking trink robbed from me three times by plate dps.

FML blizzard. FML a million times.

2 hours and 30min on that place, over 32 wipes. I understand your pain =(

Dont PUG stonecore...

Deleted
    Once the tank knows how the third boss is supposed to be done, it won't be that hard.

The boss should be tanked basicly where it is found, with the ranged and healers located on the side from where you approach him.

Theres 2 main abilitys, shatter and ground slam. When slam hits, quickly run to the other sid of the boss, I found this to keep the boss alot better in it's position, while also avoiding possible bugs where you die while not actually standing in the slam animation.
    When paralyze + shatter combo starts, run not to the approaching side, but to the other side asap. That way you won't have the boss turned to the group if he would happen to go for a early ground slam.

The first boss is a absolute pain though.

What's hard about the 1st boss?

I 1shotted him in a pug without many issues. Me, fire mage and a hunter killed the small blue adds as soon as they spawned and I don't think they ever hit someone.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

I don't understand people's QQ over this instance. My 5 man group in my guild found this one to be the one of the easier instances. The only that gave us a slight problem was 2nd boss (dragon). Our tank was getting LoS of the healer but we fixed that issue quickly. Next to heroic SFK, it's one of the easier instances to do.

Quote Originally Posted by pionock View Post
    I don't understand people's QQ over this instance. My 5 man group in my guild found this one to be the one of the easier instances. The only that gave us a slight problem was 2nd boss (dragon). Our tank was getting LoS of the healer but we fixed that issue quickly. Next to heroic SFK, it's one of the easier instances to do.
    Because people find different things challenging. We smoked the dragon first time, yet wiped 2-3 times on the third. Commander Springvale was tough for us, yet 3rd and 4th bosses of BRC we breezed through (seen many people say that struggled with these). Different group setups, different player strengths, etc.

Also, that first boss seemed to hit much harder on beta, as well as the fact that if you didn't have non-melee AoE you got blown up by the adds constantly. His animation for the ground dig was also buggy on the beta. That's why the first boss is reported as being so difficult - because it originally was.
    Last edited by Hateful; 2010-12-11 at 01:14 PM.
    Who knows what secrets hide in the dark?

Ah yes...*I* do...