Thumbs up update runeforge aesthetic please!

Hey everyone!

I came across a post similiar to this, but not exactly on point. I just wanted to point out something I feel Blizzard should do from an aesthetic P.o.V.

The runeforges need to be updated in terms of appearance. After the release of the new weapon enchants; they aesthetically look great. Some a bit bulky but overall they have returned the epicness of having a weapon with Executioner, for example. I remember having my weapon with Executioner and always felt epic with it on!

Anyways; please poll post if you feel Blizzard needs to update these aesthetics.

Please don't update runeforges. I like the simple look.
    The reasoning behind updating and not updating is just the same, it's only personal preference.
    I like to see what kind of weapon I wield and not just thrust a big lump of sparkly things into my enemy.

Don't worry they don't change anything from old expansions that aren't important for balancing

Deleted
    We're talking about a company that was asked for over 6 months to give us a re-colored version of PW:S for Blood Shield.
    We're talking about the company that gave us a horrible, horrible Blood Boil animation that looks like a Warrior Fart because they didn't want to revert to the WotLK one.

Good luck.

I'd rather they gave us a reason to Runeforge Lichbane, Cinderglacier, and Spellshattering. It'd also be nice if Swordshattering could be used guilt free.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nye View Post
    Please don't update runeforges. I like the simple look.
    The reasoning behind updating and not updating is just the same, it's only personal preference.
    I like to see what kind of weapon I wield and not just thrust a big lump of sparkly things into my enemy.
    I disagree with you in some areas of what you said. Mainly just that instead of this glowing blue on our weapons for FC, it should have the stank of the undead leeching off the weapon, its the fallen crusader not rune of ice cubes.

Quote Originally Posted by Muraza View Post
    I disagree with you in some areas of what you said. Mainly just that instead of this glowing blue on our weapons for FC, it should have the stank of the undead leeching off the weapon, its the fallen crusader not rune of ice cubes.
    I agree with you. I like that the runeforges are clean, but they need to fill more the role of the forge itself. The graphics need to be more fitting considering the current graphics out for other chants. The forge itself is great, but it's time that they increase it's aesthetic as they are with the rest of the chants.

Not to be rude but you do know that Blizzard does not read these forums right?

Also I think most of them are fine I just honestly wish there weren't about 5 of them that were just about useless or are just plain not used, I mean lichbane or what ever it is, is completely useless :\.

you'd be surprised what they read.

i would like to see new runeforge enchants, even tho fallen crusader is good, i would like to have more options

Derailed the Cereal Thread

I'd support both new graphics and new or changed runeforges.
    Fallen crusader is BA, but I would love to see a reason to even consider a different one.

On a related but different note, for unholy especially, has anyone looked at haste enchant hurricane for weapon or does the proc not work like static stat haste in boosting everything?
    Or I'd it does is FC still just better?
    Last edited by tripplebooya; 2010-12-14 at 09:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the aesthetics are just fine currently. The thing about it is as we start to see more raid content weapons, we'll have weapons that usually have their own glows and whatnot, and sometimes the look of a chant just fights the natural look of the weapon, which in some cases is just cooler naturally anyways... *shrug* personal pref I guess. I totally agree with the executioner bit for my rogue though... during BC it was so cool to have executioner and Mongoose and look like a wicked badass!

Deleted
    I like the simplicity of our Runforges and they are free! You've seen the price of new enchants for weapons and this early in the game you weapon will change time and time again. We can apply a top enchant with every weapon we get, for free!