Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by GNemi View Post
    you have Glyph of Stoneclaw Totem which is a 16k absorb, you can put 2/2 into Ancestral Resolve(cleansing waters can be dropped) for 10% dr while casting, 2/2 Ancestral Healing for an additional 10% dr
    Ancestral healing is physical damage only aka it really does nothing for Nef.

Deleted

My shaman

Hallo i just wounder i do around 8 k heal on atramedes and on aoe fight i can do 18k but i dont think 8k its that high
    i wounder if any can check my stats and maby help me abit

Intellect 4450
    spirit 2400 + 400 from darkmoon total 2800 spirit

Spell power 6169 no buff then Earthliving weapon 6913 Heal power
    hast 7.22 % ( 925 rating )
    combat Regen 3052 no buff
    19.90 % cirt ( 1405 rating ) no buff
    10.06 mastery ( 370 rating )

item lvl 355 armory eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/earthen-ring/lamaria/simple

plz help me if you can : )

why would u need more then 8k hp on atramedes? As long as people dont die, so what? 8k hps should be enough for atramedes normal. Or are u meaning hc mode? Also people overrate hps alot on many raid encounters, especially on fights when noone dies.

Also i recommend crit and mastery over haste as it is now, ofcourse with spirit on all gear and have a role as tank healer with helping heal either ranged or melee grp with a healing rain and one and two chain heals if needed, this should leave you at around 11-14k hps with enough mana for all normal raid encounters unless the other healers aint slacking, then your hps can be drasticlly lower since you have nothing to heal. Or if you wanna have unlimited mana and still push out very high hps keep earthshield and riptide ALWAYS up on your tank since they are the most efficient heals you got, use riptide on raid needing member or the OT every cooldown then switch back to tank(this assuming you got 350+ilevel). This is also assuming you have water shield glyph and riptide glyph. Also use unleash elements frequently for your riptides since it gives them alot more healing.

Priests and druids _are_ better raid healers as it is now and we are better tank healers but with strong aoe heal to support if a group of 6 or more is in range for a healing rain, and mastery and crit is really great for tank healing once you move up to Nefarian normal and the hc raids. The faster you or your raid leaders will realize this and know that there is no more lol spam chain heal be top of healing meter, the better of you will all be.

Also we all still need to accept we are the weakest class in terms of raw HPS in same gearlevel as the other healers (if they play their class to perfection) no matter how we enchant/gem/reforge our gear and how we play, we just have to accept this and play our class the best we can to compete, althought 4.0.6 was much needed buffs espec to mastery, but considering our great tank healing ability + mana tide and healing stream we will still be a manditory healer class for all raids and espec the 10man heroics.
    And if you have problems with mana for heroics, its most probaly because you need to change your playing style. I can still see people with great resto gear that uses so much mana in the heroics (when i run as enhancement) while a good resto shaman with good gear never will go down below 80% in any heroic grp encounter if all the group aint incredible stupid.

Also the darkmoon card: tsnuami currently stacks with mana tide so its probaly the BIS trinket for us right now(before heroic raid), for a raiding shaman. I bought it for this, and hoping they wont change it since it really is a buff you have all the time in any encounter.
    Last edited by Radikaal; 2011-02-13 at 11:10 PM.

Deleted
    i never go down mana on heroics or raid for that matter : ) i dont have alot over heal i jsut wanna check if my stats where ok

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GNemi View Post
    you have Glyph of Stoneclaw Totem which is a 16k absorb, you can put 2/2 into Ancestral Resolve(cleansing waters can be dropped) for 10% dr while casting, 2/2 Ancestral Healing for an additional 10% dr
    you can put points in nature's guardian but you have to remove ancestral swiftness or totemic reach

make sure youre healing totem is glyphed when nefarian cast his thunder, use tide beetween 2 thunders

for instance when fighting chimaeron hm nature's guardians procs on caustic slime and heals me over 10k hp

but the most efficient talent is ancestral resolve so make sur you are casting when the high damage occures

ty for the input guys my problem with the talents was where to get the 2nd pioint for resolve from i decided to take it from natures guardian which i dont see the necessity of having 3 pints in it for outher than chimeron mabye not even then

10+ Year Old Account
    When i'll finally get it, i'm gonna make a macro to use this trinket and Mana Tide at the same time.
    That trinket section needs to be updated to reflect the current mana tide situation.

Also, it's worth mentioning that you can get Unleash Elements to boost Riptide's HoT as well as direct heal if you cast it straight after a spell like Healing Wave (you queue it). Haven't tested if they have fixed it, but I doubt it as it's the same mechanic that lets Spell Reflect reflect several spells.

Haste is still amazing. I'm sitting at ~2k rating, which gives Riptide it's 9th tick. I don't have a problem with mana these days either, only boss I have a chance of going OOM on is Magmaw Heroic, thus I specced Telluric Currents as well. And no, I am absolutely in no way gimping myself with giving riptide a 9th tick. That being said, I guess it will depend on the role you are filling in your raid, and if you're good at using Riptide on cooldown. (Which you should, considering the 4p bonus) However, I agree that new shamans should go for Crit > Haste.

Focused Insight is a PvP talent, there's absolutely no room for it in a normal PvE environment. So, you get a 'free but lol not so free' boost to healing - at the cost of a global cooldown that you could have used to cast a spell that would heal for more than the bonus from this talent.. In my opinion you could just delete it from the guide as it could be misleading just mentioning it.

On the topic of Mastery; As you get to Heroic Raids, the use of this stat increases dramaticly. I don't hate mastery anymore - though, I still reforge away from it (to keep my 2k haste).
    Last edited by Revelations; 2011-02-15 at 09:43 AM.

I am planning on updating the FAQ soon. However, I just need a big block of time to completely reformat it (like Endus did for the Elemental FAQ) + add a little bit more additional information. I'll give the heads up, though, before things go under construction.

EDIT: I'm working on it now. It'll probably be up some time tomorrow or something. /shrug.
    Last edited by Radux; 2011-02-15 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Instant View Post
    I've changed my mind about Stoneclaw Totem.

Instead of it being option, now i think it's mandatory This is one of The best glyphs ever. It absorbs so much during almost any encounter that it's almost stupid.

Very very powerfull glyph as for now (might change with more and more HP in later tiers).
    I'm a bit confused about the utility of glyphed stoneclaw. It almost appears that you are saying the shield affects the entire raid. From my reading, it only applies to the resto shammy casting it. If so, I can't see it being superior to chain-heal, healing stream, or totemic recall. Are you seeing something different?

Of course, after looking at totemic recall, it only would be cast after the fight is over, and I'd be eating food to regain my mana anyway. ..

---------- Post added 2011-02-16 at 10:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post

Also for your UE+Riptide+GHW, you might get better bang for your buck if you use Riptide (gaining Tidal Waves) + UE (for the buff) + GHW (so the GHW gains the UE buff instead of the Riptide).
    This looks like it would be a good "oh shit" macro to have. Can anyone here write one that will work? I'd do it, but I'm kind of an idiot. :-o

As far as a macro goes, you could do a cast sequence macro, I guess. But realistically you should just know to cast it in the right order.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighke View Post
    I'm a bit confused about the utility of glyphed stoneclaw. It almost appears that you are saying the shield affects the entire raid. From my reading, it only applies to the resto shammy casting it. If so, I can't see it being superior to chain-heal, healing stream, or totemic recall. Are you seeing something different?

Of course, after looking at totemic recall, it only would be cast after the fight is over, and I'd be eating food to regain my mana anyway. ..
    Yep... exactly that.

Besides it was writtent shortly after cata launched. CH was awfull back then (for example) so the glyph wasn't tempting. Things change, but i still think that Stoneclaw Glyph is great, and i still run with it.

But i haven't been able to play for past 3 weeks (i couldn't try 4.0.6) so it might be different now

What are you thoughts on the buff to Purification now that its been implemented? Has anyone healed and seen a difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Mighke View Post
    What are you thoughts on the buff to Purification now that its been implemented? Has anyone healed and seen a difference?
    Well, I saw 70k crits on heroic 5-mans. That's kinda new.
    I'm still unsure whether this really solves our class' problem. The problem wasn't (only) that the numbers were too small, our whole toolbox is kinda lacking.
    Last edited by ChrisKoe; 2011-02-17 at 08:53 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have not analyzed logs from raiding yet to compare pre/pst hotfix numbers but recount shows a good 2-3k hps bump. The only thing that i think is lacking in the toolbox is the CD that they have acknowledged as missing from both Resto Classes.

I am sure that this hot fix will get adjusted downward any second now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shivaji View Post
    I have not analyzed logs from raiding yet to compare pre/pst hotfix numbers but recount shows a good 2-3k hps bump. The only thing that i think is lacking in the toolbox is the CD that they have acknowledged as missing from both Resto Classes.

I am sure that this hot fix will get adjusted downward any second now.
    I haven't raided since the hotfix. But if it's really a 2-3k hps buff, there would be no need for nerfing it again. That would just slightly bring us on par with the other healers.

i haven't been able to find it but how much crit should i have

Mana Tides are stacking (?), I cant remember reading about it anywhere tho. I know Blizzard wanted to make it stackable but then changed their mind again very quickly and left it as it was. Have I missed a blue or?

Deleted
    Yes yet another guide and I still have the feel of discontent. Why is it what all of thesis guide most commonly are full of long explanation of some thing and mathematics. When I read a guide I need a simple explanations of things and not some lengthy text on spell or other matters. Like this thread under rotation you are given a long text of the spelsl which most of it I could have read in my spell book any way. why not give some examples on who too heal. I would be more useful and I could take it direct from thread in too the game. I might have too perfect it but it would be more useful.

Right now all my gear is ilvl 346 (2x359 pieces) and unbuffed I have 7,33% haste (939, can't get 913 exactly), 15,24% crit (678) and 11,84 mastery (688). The mastery looks very low but I dunno how much mastery one should have. The crit is supposed to be around 20% but then I encounter some problems because if I reforge haste to crit, I lose my tick bonus, if I reforge from mastery to crit, it becomes even shitter. What I don't get is why this is happening because I have like very decent preraiding gear available. I can't link to my armory but it is Thilana at Earthen Ring
    Last edited by doffy90; 2011-02-19 at 12:16 AM.

New FAQ/Guide is up. Unsticking this one and closing it. Check it out here!