blizz doesnt seem to know how to fix this

its been a while now and there are no answers on the official forums. Problem is i just cant login to any realm. When i enter my credentials i press enter, it hangs at success! For about 10 to 15 seconds then i get the realm selection window. I hit any realm at all and i get the same thing it just says logging in to server and never gets past that point hangs there forever. Has anyone found a way around this? I have tried everything malware/spyware scans, defrag, reset modem, disable firewall, forward ports. And still nothing.

Try upgrading your graphics card drivers and opening a ticket asking a GM to move your character.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

what has graphics got to do with this? Why ask a gm to move my characters when i cant login to any realm at all?

It may be your client. Try running repair or logging on from another computer. It could be a simple issue with your account try changing your password, anything so blizzards system updates your account.

Try to ping and tracert your server, or just worldofwarcraft.com
    Try deleting your Realmlist.wtf, (/root/Data/enUS or enEU) and your Cache folder in your World of Warcraft directory, and try again.
    Try deleting your WTF folder (keep in mind this will erase ALL of your settings, your addons, your game settings, macros and more, if you want to keep them, back up the folder.)

Reply back with your findings.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    what has graphics got to do with this? Why ask a gm to move my characters when i cant login to any realm at all?
    Generally when I have had guild members who cannot log in to a specific character, it's because they are in an area that for some reason their computer can't handle loading since they had not upgraded their graphics card drivers.
    The same problem (being unable to log in to a specific area) gets fixed by moving the character to another area where your computer can handle loading up.
    If this is happening to every character on every server I would say tech support would be your best bet.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had this problem. The solution for me? Lowering my graphics before I logout, so they are very low when I login. It seems to work when you try to log into realms with large queues.

I don't know why it works, but it works.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Generally when I have had guild members who cannot log in to a specific character, it's because they are in an area that for some reason their computer can't handle loading since they had not upgraded their graphics card drivers.
    The same problem (being unable to log in to a specific area) gets fixed by moving the character to another area where your computer can handle loading up.
    If this is happening to every character on every server I would say tech support would be your best bet.
    Expect for the fact, he can't login to the game. He is stuck way before the issue you suggested a fix for would occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardelia View Post
    Expect for the fact, he can't login to the game. He is stuck way before the issue you suggested a fix for would occur.
    Which is why I said that if it was happening to every character his best bet would be to contact the Technical Support department directly.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Which is why I said that if it was happening to every character his best bet would be to contact the Technical Support department directly.
    He's getting stuck at the realm list, not the character list.

10+ Year Old Account
    How long has this been happening for?

Quote Originally Posted by Purely View Post
    He's getting stuck at the realm list, not the character list.
    So you are saying that he can't log in to any character, then. Technical Support department. Or try the Repair tool, maybe. I didn't notice he said that it happened on the realm select screen itself, but they should be able to help anyway.

edited for clarity
    Last edited by Abandon; 2010-12-11 at 04:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Look at your comment. Back to mine. Back to yours NOW BACK TO MINE. Sadly, it isn't mine. But if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate crap it could LOOK like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through comments, finding the ones that your comment could look like. Back at mine, what is it? It's a highly effective counter-troll. Look again, MY COMMENT IS NOW DIAMONDS. Anything is possible when you think before you comment or post.

I'm on a computer
    On Topic:Well, Try going to the least-crowded realm and see if it works, if it does..it's your realm. Try deleting things like Cache or Getting new Graphics / Try another Comp/laptop.

>~_~> Don't be rude, it is uncalled for. Don't use memes either. Warned. ~Raven
    Last edited by Renagade Raven; 2010-12-12 at 01:31 AM.

This happens to me if I click on the change realm button when I'm in the queue. If I however avoid the queue I can change realms and connect correctly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try Using Repair, or To the lowest realm, if it still dosen't work, Call Blizz.

---------- Post added 2010-12-12 at 06:58 AM ----------

Sorry Rav,I didn't even try to troll. Just wanted to make a joke. Apparently it failed.