Not receiving Archeology fragments.

Hello, forgive me if someone else has posted this, I must have missed it.
    I've been searching through various websites looking for anyone who has this issue, but so far it seems to be me.

I have watched videos where people plainly loot the things, it says in their chat window:

You receive currency: *RACE* Archeology Fragment x*number*.
    e.g
    You receive currency: Night Elf Archeology Fragment x4.

Those fragments then appear in their Archeology tab, under the races icon, like say click on the Night Elf icon and we see this person has a total of 4 fragments.

At currently level 90 skill in Archeology, I have not received a SINGLE fragment. Not ONE!
    I have looted two Troll Tablets and an assortment of vendor trash, yet no FRAGMENTS.

Obviously my question is this, am I just REALLY unlucky?
    Is this simply another case of the RNG Gods punishing me for touching my cousin in the garage that time when I was 8? (That was a joke, mind you)

Or, is this a case of something going terrible wrong and I need to issue a support ticket?
    Thanks in advance for your feedback!

EDIT:
    Adding some screenshots of my Archeology panes so you can clearly see I do not have any fragments, and cannot interact with any of the race icons.

Or if that doesn't work, click these links.
    Screenshot 1 // Screenshot 2

After running the repair tool for a second time, I edited the default config.wtf in the WTF folder to disallow syncing my settings from the server.
    After doing this I disabled Blizzards auto-loot and am now able to loot the fragments as I am meant to be.

Now back up and running with my backed up WTF and Interface folders, all previous add-ons and settings (save for the sync edit) have been restored and this entire ordeal seems to stem from some kind of weird bug with the sync and auto-loot.

Thanks to all those who tried to help.
    Last edited by Gsusnme; 2010-12-11 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Adding Screenshots.
    This is a signature, only a signature. And nothing else.

how are you getting vendor trash if you aren't getting any fragments? that makes no sense. you use the fragments to create vendor trash, at least most of the time.

The fragments don't appear in your inventory. They appear in your Archaeology skill pane, and go towards the completion of a given project.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiphias View Post
    The fragments don't appear in your inventory. They appear in your Archaeology skill pane, and go towards the completion of a given project.
    Yes, I am aware of that, that's the point. Nothing appears in my Archeology tab, there are a bunch of GRAYED OUT race icons, all un-clickable.

I will update my original post with screenshots.

Deleted
    Get an add-on called archy, my tab keeps screwing up and not displaying things, this may fix the problem

The only issue I've had is that in the beta when you recieved a fragment and you went over the cap it was supposed to hold onto those fragments and give them to you when you solved the puzzle, however that is not happening for me so I lost 3 fragments .

Just to make absolutely sure, you are surveying, finding the item, and then clicking on the item and looting the fragments from the loot window, right?
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

It *might* just be an interface bug. Have you deleted the usual files?

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Just to make absolutely sure, you are surveying, finding the item, and then clicking on the item and looting the fragments from the loot window, right?
    What he said: Are you looting them? You can skill up without looting the fragments till about 90-100-ish. Please take a picture of you doing a survey right.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nice interface btw..which one is that?

You're supposed to get fragments on every single gather. If you aren't, you're either doing it wrong or you need to open a ticket.

Always use shift-right-click (auto-loot all) to gather.

Quote Originally Posted by Farron View Post
    Get an add-on called archy, my tab keeps screwing up and not displaying things, this may fix the problem
    I WAS using Archy for most of the time until I disabled all of my add-on's in an attempt to see what the issue was.
    I don't think the issue is my Profession or Acheology Window Panes screwing up. Though I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Yes I am looting the item, that is how I have received the Troll Tablets, and now a few Highborne Scrolls, but the issue obviously is that I an not seeing ANY fragments.

Quote Originally Posted by keylime View Post
    Nice interface btw..which one is that?
    It's an amalgamation of a lot of add-on's, primarily ouf_diablo by Zork for the Orbs and unit frames, Chinchilla for the Minimap, my own custom LitePanels setup for the chat window/broker bar gradients.

Quote Originally Posted by Owenm View Post
    It *might* just be an interface bug. Have you deleted the usual files?
    Yes I have emptied my cache, removed my WTF and Interface folders (backed them up, of course) and ran the Repair Tool.

---------- Post added 2010-12-11 at 03:43 PM ----------

I seem to have fixed this for the time being, I have edited my original post to reflect my findings.