Deleted

Cataclysm lv. 85 PvE/PvP Experienced Hunters - Answer these questions please :)

Hello!

Please only post if you've got any live-experience (Betaers /shoo for now :P). I haven't got Cataclysm myself because of a school assignment for the 17th December, so that's gonna have to wait, until I'm done.

But moving on..

I'm in deep trouble, regarding of if I want to continue playing my hunter, whose been my main since the release of World of Warcraft. Throughout my entire "career", I've been a hardcore player to the more casual, regarding both PvE and PvP (From clearing high-end content to 2.2k+ experience in zé arena, throughout the seasons) and I wish to be able to in Cata as well - Though, my current impression of the current Hunter state is that it's horrible, and is performing below what the average class should be able to (In both PvE AND PvP), so for the first time ever, I'm having doubts whether or not my Hunter is the right choice.

Everyone knows that leveling a char & gearing it up in Wrath didn't take that much time, so I've got a lot of opportunities if I decide to re-roll.

I've got the following chars to choose from besides my Hunter, going from highest gear score to newly dinged: HPala, 6k > Warrior 5.3k > Rogue 5k > Mage.

Any ideas, thoughts? What did you guys do? Did you re-roll, or are you holding out for better times --- or is it just me whose Hunter-Cata impression is too messed up and affected by all the OP-Caster threads that seems to be the majority of these boards all around the forums? :/

Truely, Survival and BM hunters can do quite well in PvE. I believe hunters are a bit weak in PvP at the moment, but a buff should be on the way around the time when the arena season will be starting. Do not listen to bad hunters QQ.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mohojumbo View Post
    Truely, Survival and BM hunters can do quite well in PvE. I believe hunters are a bit weak in PvP at the moment, but a buff should be on the way around the time when the arena season will be starting. Do not listen to bad hunters QQ.
    Weak indeed, they can't outnuke my recuperate ^^ even tho i specced all recuperate and healing received shits. even other sub rogues hardly out nuke me before i nuke em.

I play a hunter as well and in pve we are doing just fine. PVP though it seems that the lack of defensive capabilities other than deterance FD and disengage we are pretty bad right now. Camo sucks so bad I can not even begin to tell you how bad it sucks. ANY other class can aoe or be in your face which means that it is a hunter vs hunter ability

I play survival in pve... I'm almost always top dps in heroics, and I have more powerful/versatile cc than any other class/spec.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by taekvideo View Post
    I play survival in pve... I'm almost always top dps in heroics, and I have more powerful/versatile cc than any other class/spec.
    ^^ pretty much this. I personally havent done HC's yet but I havent been beaten on DPS yet in a normal instance. We are basically doing ICC raid damage atm. Being able to pump out 11k dps on a boss in halls of origination just feels so damn good!

Survival is really beastly right now, especially because it has the strongest AoE of all 3 specs.

Survival is quite nice at the moment. With cobra shot keeping serpent up it's fairly straight forward, keep black arrow up, explosive on cd etc. Not really ever focus starved anymore (with a decent bit of haste).

Guild did the boss in tol borad last night (10m) and we had 3 hunters in there. Me and the other survival were top at around 14k followed by a priest at 12k, mm hunter at 11k etc.

I have to say I'm definitely pleased with my hunter right now and if you like playing them then you should level it. Don't worry about your gear on any of your toons, if it's not that great you'll replace them anyway as soon as you hit vashj / hyjal.
    Armory 7/7M 6/10M

I am the first one to scream hunters are crap right now but I also know buffs will come. So if you like hunter play hunter.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

i play BM i likes it pretty good.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm currently raiding 25 man content and we're (3 of us... all sv) are doing very competitive damage. I have yet to try PVP though yet. If you enjoy playing your hunter, stay on it, it won't be a downer on your gameplay!
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...losophy/simple
    Philosophy, Worgen Mage of Magtheridon EU.Mokari, Nelf Hunter of Magtheridon EU (AKA Shikari @ Achindoun). [Currently inactive]

survival is amazing right now... probably even a bit OP

I ALWAYS top the meters on heroics as survival and the AoE is awesome!

10+ Year Old Account
    Ditto on the general opinion that Survival is amazing in PVE, especially once you hit a certain gear point, your DPS really shines.

I've only done a little bit of world PVP and Tol Barad in the case of PVP, from what I can tell there, we are fairly shocking 1v1, but with the right people around us we can do devastating damage while staying alive.

Deleted
    With some tweak with the pre-raid gear I got around 16k-20k depending on what boss in 10m easy, and i use survival ofc.

10+ Year Old Account
    SV comes out infront by far. I am beating Mages and other cannon classes in PvE, Spec SV in PvE, you will not regret it.

I have tried all 3 speccs. BM is currently lowest of DPS of all. With my gear I did 6,5k DPS on dummy, as MM I did 8,5k and as SV I can go over 9k. I have pumped mastery on all speccs and it seems that pet on BM still doesn't hit so hard as it should. Problem lies in focus fire talent. We lost a lot of haste that was bassicaly given for free to hunters. When you press focus fire, you take stacks of haste from your pet and you get 15% haste. Everything good and nice, but pet DPS goes down. THis ability shouldn't take away stacks of haste from pet! Other problem is crit, hence it doesn't do so much. Your pet doesn't get a lot from your crit rating and stacking it is just bad. BEst is to have enogh haste and pumped up mastery as much as you can. As BM your mastery give more damage from your pet, if your pet is dead or CCed then your DPS sux = in pvp that also means you are dead. BM is not so good for pvp as we all think it is. Yeah I perform pretty nice, yesterday 9 KB 1 death in AB, but still pets have problem and I can only thank to healers and other teamates that have kept me alive.
    MM is crumpy as hell. You need to steady too much to get that aimed instant and when you get it, it's just maybe 13k crit max. In pvp you will probably never get those stacks and only way to fire aimed is from being camo-ed and ambush enemy... Also it takes too much focus so be prepared to be focus starved a lot of time and a lot of talents are just plain useless. I dunno why we have readiness coz only good side of it is to reset CD on traps.
    SV is currently most easy specc of all. If more than 3 mobs just trap launcher explosive trap and multishot then spam cobra and explosive at will. If single target just serpent sting and spam explosive and cobra and ofc black arrow when off CD. You will probably never focus starve, sometimes you can basicaly even use kill command when you get L'n'L proccs. In pvp is pretty fun with mirrored blades and detterance I have managed to to kill a arcane mage with that coz he blasted me and he got hit by it for 30k damage back. I was laughing as hell. It's even more fun when you see priest or lock trying to DoT you, but they just DoT themselves

Oh I also forgot: as BM under BW you can be CCed. That means as soon someone will see u red you will get CCed so BW is mostly useless now.

Deleted
    Ah, it's good to see so much positive feedback, thus my impression of it being quite the opposite, so that's always something ) I'll probably stick to my hunter with my Ghost Wolf then.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been a hardcore player to the more casual,
    Just...I mean I don't get it. Where do people come up with these things. I'm the color white black. Really?

I have tried all 3 speccs. BM is currently lowest of DPS of all. With my gear I did 6,5k DPS on dummy, as MM I did 8,5k and as SV I can go over 9k. I have pumped mastery on all speccs and it seems that pet on BM still doesn't hit so hard as it should. Problem lies in focus fire talent. We lost a lot of haste that was bassicaly given for free to hunters. When you press focus fire, you take stacks of haste from your pet and you get 15% haste. Everything good and nice, but pet DPS goes down. THis ability shouldn't take away stacks of haste from pet! Other problem is crit, hence it doesn't do so much. Your pet doesn't get a lot from your crit rating and stacking it is just bad. BEst is to have enogh haste and pumped up mastery as much as you can. As BM your mastery give more damage from your pet, if your pet is dead or CCed then your DPS sux = in pvp that also means you are dead. BM is not so good for pvp as we all think it is. Yeah I perform pretty nice, yesterday 9 KB 1 death in AB, but still pets have problem and I can only thank to healers and other teamates that have kept me alive.
    MM is crumpy as hell. You need to steady too much to get that aimed instant and when you get it, it's just maybe 13k crit max. In pvp you will probably never get those stacks and only way to fire aimed is from being camo-ed and ambush enemy... Also it takes too much focus so be prepared to be focus starved a lot of time and a lot of talents are just plain useless. I dunno why we have readiness coz only good side of it is to reset CD on traps.
    SV is currently most easy specc of all. If more than 3 mobs just trap launcher explosive trap and multishot then spam cobra and explosive at will. If single target just serpent sting and spam explosive and cobra and ofc black arrow when off CD. You will probably never focus starve, sometimes you can basicaly even use kill command when you get L'n'L proccs. In pvp is pretty fun with mirrored blades and detterance I have managed to to kill a arcane mage with that coz he blasted me and he got hit by it for 30k damage back. I was laughing as hell. It's even more fun when you see priest or lock trying to DoT you, but they just DoT themselves

Oh I also forgot: as BM under BW you can be CCed. That means as soon someone will see u red you will get CCed so BW is mostly useless now.
    Matches much of my own experience. The big downfall of BM is your pet. If you use procs it takes away from your pet. At one time the damage was enough to compensate but that was done away with. So it's just business as usual for bm. Once you eliminate BM it's down to sv/mm. Here there is some comparison but you will spend the majority of your time with no focus as MM. The heal from CS is nice, but it's just not comparable to all of the things SV has going for it.

If you want to play hunter it's going to be almost required you be SV. So basically we are back to wrath pre AP stacking where you had SV MM then last BM. Not much has changed after all.

Deleted
    PvP same shit like before, nothing changed to 85. That makes very fun...NOOOT

Quote Originally Posted by Numeanor View Post

BM is actually slightly ahead of marks at the moment, although survival is at the top. Also, pets directly inherit your secondary stats (that means crit chance, haste, hit rating, etc.), so your whole beef with crit is invalid. Also it's been proven that Focus Fire is a clear DPS gain. Please check your facts before you post.

And yes, now you actually have to think about when to pop BW instead of mindlessly going big red on every CD.